C's interested in Von Wafer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Re: C's interested in Von Wafer

In Response to Re: C's interested in Von Wafer:
    Von Wafer can play. But so can Avery Bradley.
    Posted by Kirk6

Good comparison!
    therefore, redundant.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I just looked up his stats and demographic info. He just turned 25. He's 6'5 and weighs 210lbs. It appears that he played in Europe last season. He played significant minutes for the Rockets in for a season or two and also the Nuggets. His shooting percentage was 52% a few seasons ago with Houston. He also had a season with a very high 3 pt %. I can't remember the number but it was very high. He had a down season in 09, only shooting 42% from the field. Therefore 08 was a big season for him and 09 was a poor season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

I think our biggest problem last year was having 7 and 8 min spurts where we could not score!!!  We would play well for 3 quarters out of 4.  In the one quarter we would get outscored, like, 24-8, and that would be the game.  I think this team can and should win 60 games, not 50.  Therefore, I am all in favor of eliminating that problem any way we can.  Be it Wafer, TMAC, Butler, or Howard, or even Rame's guy, Mr. Posey.  We CANNOT have droughts like that next year.  We cannot give away games in the 4th quarter to inferior teams.  Bradley, Harangody, Gaffney - it doesn't matter to me - just some offense off the bench - and one more big.  I'm starting to think the best trade we could make for Sheed would be Sheed!!

Let's not forget, Perk has an expiring, Scal's contract is still out there, RA has a player option for 2011, AND we have Sheed approx 6 mill.  Still a ways to go.  I would say yes to Wafer, he has no conscience - and I truly believe that is what we need on our bench.  The Anti-Tony Allen!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Since I live in Houston, I have the lowdown on Von Wafer.

He was an explosive scorer off the bench for the Rockets, and pretty quick.

He's not really good on defense, and he's not really a player who likes to pass the ball.

He had personal issues with Rick Adelman during the playoffs vs. the Lakers the other year over his playing time, and was sent back to the locker room.

All in all, the kid has scoring potential, but can sulk and pout if he doesn't get much playing time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

He seems to be a good possibility. I also recall watching him play for the Rockets and being impressed.
        I was hoping this season that Doc would give Bradley a shot in the rotation to see how he does. I miss rookie development. One would satisfy me. Bradley looks very talented. We'll know more during the preseason games.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

He's got a bad back and a bad attitude ...

Wouldn't you rather have Shaq, Parker and Butler?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Nice Youtube mix that includes him running past and dunking on the rapist.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Since I live in Houston, I have the lowdown on Von Wafer. He was an explosive scorer off the bench for the Rockets, and pretty quick. He's not really good on defense, and he's not really a player who likes to pass the ball. He had personal issues with Rick Adelman during the playoffs vs. the Lakers the other year over his playing time, and was sent back to the locker room. All in all, the kid has scoring potential, but can sulk and pout if he doesn't get much playing time.
    Posted by Waynestarr

Sounds a lot like Nate Robinson...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Who the hell is Von Wafer?
    Posted by patsfan76

Short for Vanilla Wafer

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: C's interested in Von Wafer : Short for Vanilla Wafer
    Posted by OneOnOne

Keep your day job!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bayareaceltfan. Show bayareaceltfan's posts

he seems like he'd be a good fit...good sized 2 guard, really quick, athletic, and good offensively. whenever his name comes up, only his offense gets mentioned...i wonder how his defense is?

we could definitely use more 3-pt shooters!