C's love Marshon Brooks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

C's love Marshon Brooks

Sources close to the situation say Brooks has not found his floor - a team towards the bottom of the draft that will commit to him - but there is talk that Boston loves him at #25 so that might be the lowest he goes, but Celtics sources said recently they have not narrowed in on any one player yet. HoopsWorld

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Re: C's love Marshon Brooks

I don't think he will last that long. He would be one of my top 3 if he did though!!  I like Justin Harper and Tobias Harris as well if not more! If they are all 3 off the board by the time the Celtic's pick, Jeremy Tyler would probably be my choice!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

I think Tyler is intriguing but you can't pick him at 25. He won't be there at 55 either. C's should try to move up from 55 to 30 (Bulls have 28 & 30) then they possibly get two of the following draftees;

Nikola Vucevic (C) - The tallest player at the 2011 NBA combine standing 6'11.75” with shoes on, the first thing we noticed about Vucevic is just how big he is. Tipping the scales at 260, Vucevic looks like a NBA center, and his improvement as a scorer in the post and as a rebounder only add to his intriguing blend of physical stature and skill level.

Lucas Nogueira (C) - Defensively, Lucas has incredible potential, as his size, length and mobility gives him the ability to cover a huge amount of ground and make a major impact as a shot-blocker. His fundamentals are fairly poor at the moment, struggling to step out on the perimeter, biting on pump-fakes and giving up ground too easily in the post, but he's often able to compensate for that with his sheer length and timing. He'll need to get significantly stronger to avoid being backed down in the paint by more physically mature big men, something that might take a few years and will surely involve plenty of hard work.

Jon Leuer (PF) - Wisconsin senior Jon Leuer is continuing to show progress as a player, developing into one of the most productive players in college basketball this season. Leuer's 19.4 points per game places him third in the Big Ten in scoring, a feat more impressive considering the slow pace Bo Ryan and his swing offense operate at. In fact, Leuer's 26.7 points per 40 minutes pace adjusted ranks in the top five amongst all prospects in our database, flashing an inside-outside game that makes him an incredibly effective collegiate big man.rooks's overall improvement and efficiency can be seen in virtually all areas of his game, as evidenced by his excellent 31.2 PER, which currently ranks him among the top 20 players in the country. His biggest strength though, is his ability to create his own shot and score, as he's averaging 23.8 points per game so far this season, which puts in him in the top five in the nation.

Marshon Brooks (SG) - Brooks's overall improvement and efficiency can be seen in virtually all areas of his game, as evidenced by his excellent 31.2 PER, which currently ranks him among the top 20 players in the country. His biggest strength though, is his ability to create his own shot and score, as he's averaging 23.8 points per game so far this season, which puts in him in the top five in the nation.

Keith Benson (PF/C) - The biggest challenges the Detroit Country Day product faces in legitimizing his NBA stock and maximizing his potential value is his lack of grit and physical strength. He has exceptional size, great fluidity, good mobility, and a terrific wingspan for a potential NBA big, but lacks the type of lower body strength that would give him the ability to prevent stronger NBA big men from backing him down in the post and the polish to get by on his skill-level alone.

Jeremy Tyler (PF/C) - He’s still very raw, but obviously has an incredible upside if he continues to develop. Defensively, he can be a game-changing presence thanks to his combination of size, length and athleticism, and offensively he has excellent hands, good touch and the ability to finish ferociously around the basket.

Comment: Immature, HS player who passed up playing for Pitino to go to Europe for two years and got off to a rough start. Sounds like his development may have been hurt by the NCAA snub and the C's would need to bring back Clifford Ray to get him up to speed.

Vucevic or Nogueira and Brooks would be a steel!

Kenneth Faried (PF) though undersized could be the Dennis Rodman of the 1st Round

Danny Ainge potential second round tweener pick = Gary Flowers

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Gary-Flowers-5804/

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rampageimt23. Show rampageimt23's posts

It doesn't matter who we draft.  They will ride the bench anyways because Doc doesn't trust the younger talent.  Just ask Jeff Green.  Then DA will go out and sign over the hill free agents that make us older.  Same song and dance as the last few years.  We will overpay for BBD probably which is a mistake but Doc and DA love him for some reason.  The guy is good for about 50 games and then runs out of steam.  If we need to get younger through the draft then Doc needs to start utliizing them but he doesn't.  They just get traded.  Ask Bill Walker, Luke Harangody and Semih Erden.   I thought we should have taken James Anderson instead of Avery Bradley in the draft last year.  We need some youth, a 6th man that can create his own offense and is a lights out shooter (JR Smith minus the attitude problem) and a young athletic big man who can play defense and rebound (DeAndre Jordan or take a flyer on Greg Oden). 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In Response to Re: C's love Marshon Brooks:
    [QUOTE]It doesn't matter who we draft.  They will ride the bench anyways because Doc doesn't trust the younger talent.  Just ask Jeff Green.  Then DA will go out and sign over the hill free agents that make us older.  Same song and dance as the last few years.  We will overpay for BBD probably which is a mistake but Doc and DA love him for some reason.  The guy is good for about 50 games and then runs out of steam.  If we need to get younger through the draft then Doc needs to start utliizing them but he doesn't.  They just get traded.  Ask Bill Walker, Luke Harangody and Semih Erden.   I thought we should have taken James Anderson instead of Avery Bradley in the draft last year.  We need some youth, a 6th man that can create his own offense and is a lights out shooter (JR Smith minus the attitude problem) and a young athletic big man who can play defense and rebound (DeAndre Jordan or take a flyer on Greg Oden). 

Posted by rampageimt23[/QUOTE]

true..yea the whole Doc not playing guys has really taken the fun away from following the draft, I still do but I have no hopes of him playing any new upcoming player. I hope next season we see something different but I doubt it..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://www.celticsblog.com/2011/6/8/2212921/celtics-draft-preview-marshon-brooks

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In Response to Re: C's love Marshon Brooks:
    [QUOTE]http://www.celticsblog.com/2011/6/8/2212921/celtics-draft-preview-marshon-brooks
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

So if the C's are able to get Brooks in the draft will they trade AB or do the conversion thing to PG?