C's MUST BE 8th SEED to WIN!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

C's MUST BE 8th SEED to WIN!

I know it is counter-intuitive, but the only chance the C's have to win the EC is to play the Heat in the 1st round by finishing 8th. With 3-guys in their mid 30-s, and already looking tired, the sooner we play them, the better. I don't believe we can go a full round with another team, then have any real chance at beating them. I know, we gotta get there first, and we will........Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: C's MUST BE 8th SEED to WIN!

In response to RallyC's comment:

I know it is counter-intuitive, but the only chance the C's have to win the EC is to play the Heat in the 1st round by finishing 8th. With 3-guys in their mid 30-s, and already looking tired, the sooner we play them, the better. I don't believe we can go a full round with another team, then have any real chance at beating them. I know, we gotta get there first, and we will........Thoughts?

I like this team, I like every Celtics team, but I don't see any way possible they can beat the Heat. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

=========================================

I agree with you to play Miami first as our legs will not have endured a grueling previous series because irrespective who we play, we ain't gonna sweep and may win in 5 but hopefully at least 6 so will not have a lot of rest. The Heat will win in 4 and maybe 5 & be well rested.

After the Heat we may be tired from a 7 game series but we'll have the momentum & the adrenaline will flow & we'll be in the minds of the opponents having beaten the Heat.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JG9000. Show JG9000's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

=========================================

I agree with you to play Miami first as our legs will not have endured a grueling previous series because irrespective who we play, we ain't gonna sweep and may win in 5 but hopefully at least 6 so will not have a lot of rest. The Heat will win in 4 and maybe 5 & be well rested.

After the Heat we may be tired from a 7 game series but we'll have the momentum & the adrenaline will flow & we'll be in the minds of the opponents having beaten the Heat.

i definately think that makes a lot of sense.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

I like this team, I like every Celtics team, but I don't see any way possible they can beat the Heat. 

I understand why you say that. But, to be able to "see" anything, you must have vision. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE SNAKE! Remember.....? The reason most of us watch them play is because we believe in that statement, especially when we've seen it happen many times over. The C's do have a chance at winning the NBA Championship, as unrealistic as it may seem. So I say again, what would be the best path for them to get there that COULD provide them with the best chance? .................You will never be struck by lightening either!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I would rather play them the 2nd round. Just like us being fresh, they will be too. An injury can happen, they could get complacent...anything.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

The good news - The Heat have peaked early with this current win streak, and long win streaks are usually followed by lackluster periods...right about at the time the playoffs start. 

The bad news - The Celtics cannot beat the Heat in a seven game series, even if the Heat are not playing on all cylinders.  The main is the same reason they may not get by the first round with anyone they play ...they have no rebounding.  They were out rebounded by the Hornets 45-28 last night.  You just can't win with that deficiency in the NBA playoffs unless you shoot lights-out every night... and the Celtics are also lacking a consistent and dynamic offense. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Yes, but to our favor...travel is cut down, teams know your plays better than you and it becomes more of a halfcourt slowdown game. The Celtics can play both styles. The HEAT don't want to play halfcourt. The Pacers don't want to run with Hibbert and West. The Knicks...well. Brooklyn can do both and Atlanta would rather run.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

The good news - The Heat have peaked early with this current win streak, and long win streaks are usually followed by lackluster periods...right about at the time the playoffs start. 

The bad news - The Celtics cannot beat the Heat in a seven game series, even if the Heat are not playing on all cylinders.  The main is the same reason they may not get by the first round with anyone they play ...they have no rebounding.  They were out rebounded by the Hornets 45-28 last night.  You just can't win with that deficiency in the NBA playoffs unless you shoot lights-out every night... and the Celtics are also lacking a consistent and dynamic offense. 

Dunk, the Heat have 100-rebounds less than the C's  do this season ( both have played 67-games) the Knicks only have 30 more than the C's so far. They are strong candidates to be our first round opponents as it stands now.  You gotta give more than the rebounding card when it comes to these three teams. WE GOT AT LEAST A SHOT if we open agianst either of them!  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

I would rather play them the 2nd round. Just like us being fresh, they will be too. An injury can happen, they could get complacent...anything.

Yeah, but who needs to be fresh more is the point! I do agree, any team is a single injury away from an early exit, except for the C's, OF COURSE!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

This is a stupid post even for you little feller. 

If we play the heat in the first round we are out in 5 or 6 games. our best hope is play them as late as possible and hope they accumulate a nagging injury or two.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The 2007 patriots are a great example of putting too much into a streak.  34 games will deplete the Heat and leave someone with a real chance to knock them off.  It will be wonderful if it happens and I believe the Celtics with a lot of things falling their way could  do it. No we have to win some games so we can stay in the playoffs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Forget seeding. 1-8, I just wish C's were ready and just consistent. Thats what I hope that happens going into the playoffs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Yeah, but who needs to be fresh more is the point! I do agree, any team is a single injury away from an early exit, except for the C's, OF COURSE!

Only 5 8th seeds in the history of the leage have manged to win against the number 1 seed.  

dummy. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Dunk, the Heat have 100-rebounds less than the C's  do this season ( both have played 67-games) the Knicks only have 30 more than the C's so far. They are strong candidates to be our first round opponents as it stands now.  You gotta give more than the rebounding card when it comes to these three teams. WE GOT AT LEAST A SHOT if we open agianst either of them!  

Yea, but the Heat don't need to rebound with Lebron, Wade and Bosh offensive machine.  We don't have that kind of offense.  We're could beat the Knicks, especially with their injuries, Atlanta could go either way.  We lose to everyone else.  Sully and his rebounding was a much bigger loss than Rondo. IMO.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Something is going to happen to the Heat on this run to 34 wins. They will have a good chance of getting beaten in the playoffs.  Injuries, fatigue and overconfidence will visit them very soon.  Not a guarantee but a very likely outcome.  Factor that in when you say the Heat are unbeatable.  They are beatable.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GAShamrock60. Show GAShamrock60's posts

The heat will be well rested for the first round also. They will not put much energy in to the last couple of games unless they remain concerned about there winning streak. We are better off meeting later in the playoffs and the players would agree as they get paid more as they advance each round.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

Only 5 8th seeds in the history of the leage have manged to win against the number 1 seed.  

dummy. 

So what you're saying, you metally challenged midget, is that its a proven fact that it is possible and that it has happened several times in the past. You are just too stupid to realize how idiotic your responses are and that your time and research into the topic only makes my statement more justifiable. OOOOps, sorry, didn't meant to use big words! Go ahead, say something that supports my statement......AGAIN! And before you speak, you might wanna check your numbers as they are WAAAAAY wrong.....little lady.....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

as always, I love following the team all year long....but the days of watching the original big three and/or the second big three are long gone...I think this team is just waiting for the playoffs to begin...it is a shame that Rondo and Sully are out...Rondo seemingly lives for the playoffs and always puts up huge numbers...Sully's rebounding and overall game would come in real handy...this is a gutsy team that is beginning to realize how good they can be...but they just don't go all out every night during the regular season...as the saying goes, they are built for the playoffs...but, at the same time, I believe that they are fitting some good pieces into the puzzle...they will be a tough matchup for anyone...but their chances at a title are pretty low at this point...still, that's why they play the games..this is also what Kobe and the boys are thinking as well at this point in time...I like Boston's chances more than LA's..but that's just my opinion...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

dummy. 

So what you're saying, you metally challenged midget, is that its a proven fact that it is possible and that it has happened several times in the past. You are just too stupid to realize how idiotic your responses are and that your time and research into the topic only makes my statement more justifiable. OOOOps, sorry, didn't meant to use big words! Go ahead, say something that supports my statement......AGAIN! And before you speak, you might wanna check your numbers as they are WAAAAAY wrong.....little lady.....

wow five times in the history of the sport. Wow. problem. Not one of those five won a championship. Go back to being angry little feller. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

dummy. 

wow five times in the history of the sport. Wow. problem. Not one of those five won a championship. Go back to being angry little feller. 

Its really amusing how you continue to say it CAN be and HAS been done, just like I said. You don't even hear what you are trying to say. Go get an education, I am putting you on ignore. See ya, you ignorant fool. IGNORE JTKL

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

dummy. 

Its really amusing how you continue to say it CAN be and HAS been done, just like I said. You don't even hear what you are trying to say. Go get an education, I am putting you on ignore. See ya, you ignorant fool. IGNORE JTKL

Oh Good. I won't have to deal with your idiocy anymore. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

I understand why you say that. But, to be able to "see" anything, you must have vision. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE SNAKE! Remember.....? The reason most of us watch them play is because we believe in that statement, especially when we've seen it happen many times over. The C's do have a chance at winning the NBA Championship, as unrealistic as it may seem. So I say again, what would be the best path for them to get there that COULD provide them with the best chance? .................You will never be struck by lightening either!

Not according to Snake and Lloyd who specifically said "anyone who thinks the Cs can win are delusional".... that they watch games because they are fans only!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

The 2007 patriots are a great example of putting too much into a streak.  34 games will deplete the Heat and leave someone with a real chance to knock them off.  It will be wonderful if it happens and I believe the Celtics with a lot of things falling their way could  do it. No we have to win some games so we can stay in the playoffs.

I hope that you are right about Miami.  I do agree that trying to keep this win streak will require all of their starters to play everygame until the end of the season, when some of them wouldn't be playing.  Nothing would make me happier than seeing Miami lose in the playoffs. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Celtics have zero chance no matter where they finish. I suspect the Heat will give everyone the night off after they win #34