C's sign Arroyo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

C's sign Arroyo

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/2184526/report-cs-sign-arroyo-back-pg

What you think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Re: C's sign Arroyo

Excellent move...great clubhouse guy and every team he has been on only good things have been said...

Plus he can give Celtics the "dirt" on Miami...LOL..

Very professional player...

Thumbs up...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics2008Champs. Show Celtics2008Champs's posts

Avery is a 14th guy. sasha P is a 15th guy. Ha! I still hope Avery gets 3 or 4 mins a game but i like arroyo!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Good! I think Rondo needs a rest. So this says that West isn't close.

Arroyo is decent. This should be interesting. I bet West gets healthy pretty quick now. LOL!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

hope u had posted before i did.. oh well,  another great move by danny! from 1-15, we are on a roll. i would like to be a fly on the wall at their practices. other than avery, they are all seasoned!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Very smart move, this guy has been playing with a bunch of hoggs and HE HAS BEEN AT MOST HEAT PRACTICE RUNS AND WILL BE ABLE TO SHARE THE THINKING OF THE HEAT COACHES AND TEAM.  He will be aware of time out plays and internal conflicts to arm KG and others with talking information.  And he is an experienced playoff player form the international scene.  He is not much of a defender but shoots the ball very good and should flourish in the Celtic scheme of things if he is needed, hope we don't need him , but if we do he will help and he can rest Rondo some.  Problem is if West returns healthy he will not have minutes, but if he gets minutes he shoots well enought to merit a defender which is a problem with Rondo.  When I say Rondo has a problem it does not mean I do not like him, I do , he is all star quality most ways but we do have a problem when the likes of Koby or Wade guard him and double everybody that comes near the goal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Solid vet PG to back up Rondo.. and now West can be more of a combo guard going forward.  We now have great depth God for bid...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I like Arroyo... and hope that this is not the kiss of death.

Energy guy, plays hard, solid fundamentals, no ego problems, decent range, can hit FTs, can distribute, plenty of experience... what is there not to like???

Good BUPG insurance at small money.

Welcome aboard!

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

If we can shave 5-10 minutes off of Rondo's floortime and not suffer too much for it;  great thing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregCelts. Show GregCelts's posts

Good back-up PG.  Not the greatest basketball IQ, so don't expect him to really "run" the team, but he is a great slasher, a decent shooter and great with the pick and roll.  Avery is not ready to be a back-up PG in the play-offs. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Like the move. Keeps the bench deep. Playoff minutes are longer, meaning more TV time outs. He will be a solid back up 3-10 minutes per game. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

"3 and 0 with Bradley as the back up point guard. Doc even put him in for defense to close out the game!!!  HAHAHA!!!"

Re: CELTS-WARRIORS

posted at 3/4/2011 10:30 PM EST
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406&plckUserId=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406">
    First: 2/12/2006
    Last: 3/5/2011

3 and 0 with Bradley as the back up point guard. Doc even put him in for defense to close out the game!!!  HAHAHA!!!  Man i'm glad the Three Point King plays for the Celtics!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

kyceltic will love Carlos Arroyo. Arroyo has a more aerodynamic head than Antoine Walker and Avery Bradley.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

The guy can shoot well, but doesn't distribute the ball well (3 APG with the Heat)...not sure he is a great fit with the Celtics, but a very adequate backup and a good addition, considering he was the last and only PG option available.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Guess this squashes the Sheed rumors, huh?

I am not crazy about Arroyo.   We abused him as did many others when they play the Heat.  So, he's not going to be able to play any D for us.   Can shoot but that's about it.   I can't see him replacing West as the backup point.  I think he's just insurance on the bench.

Have to admit, however, that I think his spot minutes will help more than Murphy's.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Arroyo WILL NOT affect West's minutes. Carlos Arroyo will take over as the new #1 cheerleader on the bench. A position previously held by none other than Scal the Great!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In Response to Re: C's sign Arroyo:
    [QUOTE]The guy can shoot well, but doesn't distribute the ball well (3 APG with the Heat)...not sure he is a great fit with the Celtics, but a very adequate backup and a good addition, considering he was the last and only PG option available.
    Posted by Eldunker[/QUOTE]

Impossible to a point guard to have assist playing for the Heat.The ball is always on wade or lebron Hands.The point guard is just a decoy.I was sorry for Bibby lat night against SA..He must be saying:What the hell I,m doing in here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micksoxx. Show Micksoxx's posts

Good shooter, doesn't provide some of the punch that Nate provided when he was hot, but doesn't play the knucklehead ball that Nate did as well.  Not great defensively, but upgrade over Nate.  Another good move...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

great pick-up, all he needs to do is eat up minutes and play his game. Should be some good insurance at point. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

dislike. we just keep picking up more players who can't defend

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I hate that we lost Brewer.  I think we need a strong defensive guard more than we need another 3 point shooter.  Arroyo is better than nothing, but not as good as having someone who can play D.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tjwoods. Show tjwoods's posts

Danny, you're a gem.

Carlos can shoot 40+% from the field; hit 3's, and is an 80% free throw shooter. Yeah, I know, he's a defensive liability on other teams. He'll get better under the tutelage of KG, PP, and RA. At least adequate.

Now, can you see Carlos hitting 16' jumpers at the end of games when otherwise we'd have to wince every time Rondo hacks it up in the air? No more 5 on 4 for the last four minutes of close games. And don't forget, he's a slasher and will penetrate and get fouled.

Love this pickup. Might turn out better than Jeff Green.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from uNpReTtiEr. Show uNpReTtiEr's posts

This season Arroyo is just a victim of the ball hogs in Miami

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

I was hoping that Celtics sign him up and glad they did. I think it is the best pick up for the Celtics this season, this guy can shoot. I am not sure we have had such a good backup point gaurd in a long time. West is good but very injury prone. Bardley is waste of time IMO and a project for teams like Thunder and Wolves. Danny should trade him for something better. Arroyo not too long ago is the starting point guard for the Heat. Anyway as you can see I am excited with his sign up and hopefully he wil swish some 3's in the crunch time.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from b126962. Show b126962's posts

This is a solid pick up but some of you are WAY over-rating him. 1st off, he can't play D. He is not a pure slasher or anything like that nor is he a distributor. He is very simply insurance for West, and Wafer.