C's Very Close to getting David West????

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Re: C's Very Close to getting David West????

Let's hope Garnett and Allen get sent to Orlando for Howard and Arenas. Then sign Rip Hamilton for the $3 million veteran exception and Delonte West for the veteran's minimum.

C Howard, Wilcox, Stiemsma
    PF West, Bass, Johnson
    SF Pierce, Daniels
    PG Rondo, Dooling, Bradley
    SG Hamilton, Arenas, West, Moore

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

CP3 will go to the Lakers, Gasol to the Rockets, and Odom to NO.

How would that be any different than the previous permutation that got vetoed?

I actually want Chris Paul to get traded to the Lakers for all their bigman depth, but only if Dwight Howard goes somewhere else!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In Response to Re: C's Very Close to getting David West????:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: C's Very Close to getting David West???? : Thought the C's used a trade exception to get Dooling?
    Posted by wfdog[/QUOTE]

Not sure ... this is all I found:

/> Dooling, 31, and a protected second-round draft pick were acquired from the Milwaukee Bucks in exchange for the draft rights to Albert Miralles which were obtained Aug. 3, 2005, when the Celtics traded Antoine Walker to the Miami Heat in a five- team trade.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]Let's hope Garnett and Allen get sent to Orlando for Howard and Arenas. Then sign Rip Hamilton for the $3 million veteran exception and Delonte West for the veteran's minimum. C Howard, Wilcox, Stiemsma PF West, Bass, Johnson SF Pierce, Daniels PG Rondo, Dooling, Bradley SG Hamilton, Arenas, West, Moore
    Posted by davidap[/QUOTE]

Arenas was Amnestied already ... Wake up, LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: C's Very Close to getting David West???? : Magic allowed DH's agent to talk to Nets. http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7337505/orlando-magic-otis-smith-gave-permission-dwight-howard-agent-speak-nets CP3 will go to the Lakers, Gasol to the Rockets, and Odom to NO. WojYahooNBA  The primary work on deal has been between Lakers and Hornets sides, sources say. Rockets still get Gasol, still move same parts. Odom to NO. 14 minutes ago  ·  reply  ·  retweet  ·  favorite
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Just saw that on ESPN .... some poor communication amongst the media I guess.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Danny's often been quoted as saying he would have traded Bird toward the end of his career.
    With all the trades and rumors happening, it makes me wonder if 2011-12 is the year he blows up the Celtics

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

I didn't catch that Arenas got amnestied. That's a curious move by the Magic. They have to pay him either way. I find that discouraging for the Celtics' chances of acquiring Howard. Ainge just doesn't have the assets to send to Orlando. The only way sending Howard to the Celtics would make sense from the Magic perspective is if they were satisfied with ridding themselves of all their long-term contractual obligations.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Danny has collected trade exceptions.  Jeff Green has signed a 1-year deal making him imminently tradeable.  Can Bass be traded right away?  If so, the Celts are getting ready to go after Nene.  The pitch is to come here and win a championship.  Possibly take a little less and come over in a sign and trade.  Denver has to get to minimum salary and this will work for them.  Throw in a pick as well.  Perhaps the numbers will work.

Also, perhaps JO is headed to Dallas in a flip from NO.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: C's Very Close to getting David West???? : Not sure ... this is all I found: /> Dooling, 31, and a protected second-round draft pick were acquired from the Milwaukee Bucks in exchange for the draft rights to Albert Miralles which were obtained Aug. 3, 2005, when the Celtics traded Antoine Walker to the Miami Heat in a five- team trade.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

I think I saw it in the Herald too...
    http://www.brewhoop.com/2011/12/8/2622524/bucks-celtics-keyon-dooling-trade
    ...the Celtics used a trade exception to absorb his full salary without sending any salary back, wiping his salary off the Bucks' cap figure

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

[QUOTE]Mike_Bresnahan  One circus ends, another begins? From ORL source: D. Howard's agent can talk to Lakers about possible trade. Dallas, Nets also allowed. 5 minutes ago  ·  reply  ·  retweet  ·  favorite

That's very bad news for the Celtics. But what could the Lakers offer other than Bynum? Is Bynum really worth Howard? The Nets better up the ante, or even the Mavericks. Dallas is a likeable team. I wouldn't mind if the Mavericks established a dynasty. Just not the Lakers please! They're only one title behind!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Danny has collected trade exceptions.  Jeff Green has signed a 1-year deal making him imminently tradeable.  Can Bass be traded right away?  If so, the Celts are getting ready to go after Nene.  The pitch is to come here and win a championship.  Possibly take a little less and come over in a sign and trade.  Denver has to get to minimum salary and this will work for them.  Throw in a pick as well.  Perhaps the numbers will work.

Green is likely part of the West acquisition. Isn't the deal Green and O'Neal for West? Has this been confirmed anywhere?

I don't want any part of Nene Hilario. He's vastly overrated. I'd rather pursue Marc Gasol, if at all possible, although I'm not sure why the Grizzlies wouldn't match whatever the Celtics offer him.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]I didn't catch that Arenas got amnestied. That's a curious move by the Magic. They have to pay him either way. I find that discouraging for the Celtics' chances of acquiring Howard. Ainge just doesn't have the assets to send to Orlando. The only way sending Howard to the Celtics would make sense from the Magic perspective is if they were satisfied with ridding themselves of all their long-term contractual obligations.
    Posted by davidap[/QUOTE]

That's our trump card over the Lakers ... LA can't cover both DH & Turkoglu but we can ...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

[QUOTE]Boston Herald says Danny tried for West but failed, what gives?
    Posted by NegativeTrollsAbound[/QUOTE]

Link?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]Mike_Bresnahan  One circus ends, another begins? From ORL source: D. Howard's agent can talk to Lakers about possible trade. Dallas, Nets also allowed. 5 minutes ago  ·  reply  ·  retweet  ·  favorite

I wonder if Danny's working with Orlando's FO while DH talks ... I'll bet Danny told Orlando not to make public their interest so the Lakers can't rip us off again.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: C's Very Close to getting David West???? : I think I saw it in the Herald too... http://www.brewhoop.com/2011/12/8/2622524/bucks-celtics-keyon-dooling-trade ...the Celtics used a trade exception to absorb his full salary without sending any salary back, wiping his salary off the Bucks' cap figure
    Posted by wfdog[/QUOTE]

If true then that would reduce our TE available by a like amount.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

David West is a good complementary piece, he's not someone who puts a team over the top. Ainge needs to do more if the Celtics are going to be a credible threat for the NBA title, or at least find a way to prevent the Lakers from acquiring Howard. If I were Ainge, and I know I can't add Howard for my own team, I'd try to steer him to a third club by forcing my way into the trade. Perhaps that's what he's attempting to do now by negotiating with both the Hornets (Paul's team) and Magic (Howard's team). Could the Celtics possibly send something to the Nets (the least threatening potential Howard destination) to help them land him? Getting him to Brooklyn/New Jersey is almost as good as getting him here. The goal should be to keep him out of LA.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

[QUOTE]No CP3 and no DH for us. Guess we'll have to build through the draft. It looks like the Celts will make one last run at banner 18 this season then start rebuilding next season.

With Wilcox and a D-League center?