C's were winning games right after the trade but now are losing; so it must be the coaching, right?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

C's were winning games right after the trade but now are losing; so it must be the coaching, right?

Kristic played well before he was coached (remeber, "no time to learn plays", now he is not; Green's minutes were higher after the trade, now he's getting Quis-like minutes.  Rondo was moping right after the trade and continues to mope (getting worse), and the Big 3 are tired. Doc ran them into the ground (again) hoping to win the easy ones at home, knowing the upcoming games would be tough. Oooops! And if Doc is calling CPP selfish, pleaaazzee! Rondo throws up a dead duck floater with 15 seconds left instead of looking for his best offensive creator, who was hot (game before last night) and Paul's the problem; no Paul's the Captain, and KG and Ray have also played NBA ball since Rondo was in diapers (nearly). The problem is coddling a four year player like he's some kind of veteran (he's not) and future hall of famer (doesn't look that way these days).  It's not about shooting with Rondo, he doesn't need to shoot well to help this team win games (it would help of course), but if he's going to act like a punk, and punk Paul at the end games; he needs to find his azz on the bench, or in street clothes for a night or two.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: C's were winning games right after the trade but now are losing; so it must be the coaching, right?

In Response to C's were winning games right after the trade but now are losing; so it must be the coaching, right?:
    [QUOTE]Kristic played well before he was coached (remeber, "no time to learn plays", now he is not; Green's minutes were higher after the trade, now he's getting Quis-like minutes.  Rondo was moping right after the trade and continues to mope (getting worse), and the Big 3 are tired. Doc ran them into the ground (again) hoping to win the easy ones at home, knowing the upcoming games would be tough. Oooops! And if Doc is calling CPP selfish, pleaaazzee! Rondo throws up a dead duck floater with 15 seconds left instead of looking for his best offensive creator, who was hot (game before last night) and Paul's the problem; no Paul's the Captain, and KG and Ray have also played NBA ball since Rondo was in diapers (nearly). The problem is coddling a four year player like he's some kind of veteran (he's not) and future hall of famer (doesn't look that way these days).  It's not about shooting with Rondo, he doesn't need to shoot well to help this team win games (it would help of course), but if he's going to act like a punk, and punk Paul at the end games; he needs to find his azz on the bench, or in street clothes for a night or two.
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

Do you have a quote where Doc singled out Pierce as the selfish one?  Or, was it more the TEAM in general was playing selfishly?

Also don't think he's coddling Rondo.  I think he doesn't trust Arroyo and West is still hurt, so he HAS to play Rondo.  Rondo needs to sit out a game or two, for a multitude of reasons, but he won't because who do you play?  He is the best we have, and he gives us the best chance to win.

I lay more of the blame on Davis (keeps shooting and fouling) and Ray, who can't seem to get on track.  Understand, if ONE person is not scoring, that gives us two non-scorers automatically on the floor.
    They will get it together, I know.  I know because I am a TRUE fan, not some poser in a Rick Pitino outfit!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: C's were winning games right after the trade but now are losing; so it must be the coaching, right?

In Response to Re: C's were winning games right after the trade but now are losing; so it must be the coaching, right?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to C's were winning games right after the trade but now are losing; so it must be the coaching, right? : Do you have a quote where Doc singled out Pierce as the selfish one?  Or, was it more the TEAM in general was playing selfishly? Also don't think he's coddling Rondo.  I think he doesn't trust Arroyo and West is still hurt, so he HAS to play Rondo.  Rondo needs to sit out a game or two, for a multitude of reasons, but he won't because who do you play?  He is the best we have, and he gives us the best chance to win. I lay more of the blame on Davis (keeps shooting and fouling) and Ray, who can't seem to get on track.  Understand, if ONE person is not scoring, that gives us two non-scorers automatically on the floor. They will get it together, I know.  I know because I am a TRUE fan, not some poser in a Rick Pitino outfit!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Good post, Hedley.  I don't agree with everything you said, but I agree with your approach and the questioning of some accusation that Doc was talking about Paul when he said selfish.  

FYI - I'd like to see davis shoot fewer jumpers but the defense has to give up something and they know Davis is generally a weaker shooter than Kevin, Ray, and Paul so guess who's going to get open jumpers.

Personally, I'd love to at least try Green with the starters (KG at Center, Green at PF, Paul at SF, Ray at Shooting guard and maybe even Delonte at point) in the final minutes.  But, i know Doc wants to prepare Rongo for the playoffs so he stays with him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Is "Rongo" a Freudian slip or what?
    My view on Rongo is that he has the arrogance of youth and his coach has somewhat enabled that...I can be critical of players but I always forgive any thing a Celtic player does wrong as long as thier heart is in the right place, the Celtics- I'm a fan. But I can't foregive copping an attitude and being a punk...that kind of a player would not have survived 5 minutes alone with Dave Cowens, Paul Silas (just to name two guys) or myriad other Celtics.
    So, I don't think Doc necessarally meant Paul, but he did say the entire team, and to me that's a cop out because the Big 3 have 12+ years of being leaders in the NBA...I've written eslewhere, if Rongo wants the credit when things go right, well then....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Of course it was not a Freudian slip....just a typo bad a bad typist.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac1980. Show mac1980's posts

yeah, they beat a handful of bad teams right after the trade.  Clippers, Jazz, Suns, Warriors, Bucks.  Those were the 5 wins after the trade.  How in God's name does that prove anything?  Nobody on that list is in the playoffs.  They haven't beaten anyone, maybe you can say the Hornets.  They've lost to the Clippers, the Nets, the Bobcats, injured Bobcats!, a Bobcat team that had no business even being in the game.  I mean come on man.  That trade killed this team.  Shaq returning and playing well and staying healthy is the only miracle chance this team has now.  That's ridiculous.