CUT PP SOME SLACK, HAD THE FLU!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: CUT PP SOME SLACK, HAD THE FLU!

You know what will really show me something?.....the Celtics NOT playing down to the competition after a big win.   We play up to the competition in most games.  Then, we play a weak team and we come out and stink it up.  I want to see them play inspired basketball against the Nets just as they did against the Heat.  That's where PP can show us he's healthy.....bring the energy against New Jersey, Cap!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Any Celtic fan criticizing Paul Pierce's effort today should turn in their Celtic Fan credentials and go rot in Cleveland.  You'd have to be blind to not see how sick Paul was.  I saw him on the pre-game show and Paul looked pale and peaked the illness was even evident in his voice and body language.

He still made solid contributions to this victory. 

This nit-picking after an incredibly uplifting victory is incredibly irritating.

I wish some posters here would retire, and as Tommy always says:  GIME ME A BREAK!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

RajonRondowski, PP got 5 rebounds and gave Lebron carte blanche to the hoop every time he wanted.  He made some glaring mistakes defensively, leaving Lebron and running to Bosh with KG.  He tried a horrible cross-court pass when he had nothing.  I'm sorry but he deserves criticism for his play today.  I'm not one for accepting the "warm and fuzzy" with a win while turning a blind eye to the performance.

I guess you're ok with 11 4th quarter points since we hung on for the win, right?

If there is an area to critique and point out, every poster has a right to do that.  I think you're taking a tad too far by requesting everyone's Celtics Fan credentials.  Naw, I'll hold onto mine if you don't mind.

COMMUNIST, if PP had the flu on Tuesday, who cares?  That's an excuse!  NO EXCUSES!  There is no need to mention that in today's post unless you're using it as a reason (excuse).

PP had a horrible game and there is no excuse for it.  And 5 rebounds and 3 assists doesn't change that fact.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

When my last post refreshed, I saw where PP "said" he has to get an MRI on his left foot.

What happened to his left foot?  Maybe this thread should replace "flu" with "left foot".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I'd rather the flu, obviously!!!   This is worrisome.

But, it does explain that during the month of Feb, his performance has been below PP standards.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Celtsfan4life, I think I'd have to agree with you.  I did not see anything happen to his left foot.  I did see Wade come down on his right foot.

Oh well, I guess we'll see.

Maybe it's a bruise and he'll sit out NJ as well as the All Star game and return with about 10 days rest.  I'll take it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: CUT PP SOME SLACK, HAD THE FLU!:

[QUOTE]RajonRondowski, PP got 5 rebounds and gave Lebron carte blanche to the hoop every time he wanted.  He made some glaring mistakes defensively, leaving Lebron and running to Bosh with KG.  He tried a horrible cross-court pass when he had nothing.  I'm sorry but he deserves criticism for his play today.  I'm not one for accepting the "warm and fuzzy" with a win while turning a blind eye to the performance. I guess you're ok with 11 4th quarter points since we hung on for the win, right? If there is an area to critique and point out, every poster has a right to do that.  I think you're taking a tad too far by requesting everyone's Celtics Fan credentials.  Naw, I'll hold onto mine if you don't mind. COMMUNIST, if PP had the flu on Tuesday, who cares?  That's an excuse!  NO EXCUSES!  There is no need to mention that in today's post unless you're using it as a reason (excuse). PP had a horrible game and there is no excuse for it.  And 5 rebounds and 3 assists doesn't change that fact.

Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

-

So instead of celebrating a great victory you're going to nit-pick?

Sorry, but fans like that, well, to be honest, they make me sick.

When you do your job perfectly everyday, feel free to nit-pick, but I'd bet you and all the other nit-pickers have a long way to go before that happens.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

PP was sick. Have you ever had the flu let alone tried to play and NBA game with it.  The head aching and chills up the back.

Shaq didn't play and Doc said nine days ago Shaq would have gone in the Maverick game if it was the playoffs.  So Paul a true Celtic grinds it out and get dumped on by fans who are ignorant.  

Anyone who gets on Paul is nuts.  The guy knew he was at a deficit and tried to contribute anyway he could. That said Wafer should have played a few more minutes.

But really, Paul is a streaky offensive player and when we need him he will deliver.  I mean what do you have to do to get a break around here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

It says he sprained his wrist, as well as needing an MRI. Might have hurt his shooting touch. Let's just hope he gets back healthy and this is nothing serious. Injuries are our biggest threat. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

more injuries : ( sheesh feel better PP!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Celtsfan4life, I think I'd have to agree with you.  I did not see anything happen to his left foot.  I did see Wade come down on his right foot. Oh well, I guess we'll see. Maybe it's a bruise and he'll sit out NJ as well as the All Star game and return with about 10 days rest.  I'll take it.

The report says he hurt the foot a couple of weeks ago. We just can't take much of this damm injury bug!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CUT PP SOME SLACK, HAD THE FLU! : The report says he hurt the foot a couple of weeks ago. We just can't take much of this damm injury bug!!

Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

-

And I can't take much more of these ignorant posts.  (Not yours -- the heartless, know-nothing nit-pickers in residence.)

Smile to your face and then slip the knife in -- what fans!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CUT PP SOME SLACK, HAD THE FLU! : - And I can't take much more of these ignorant posts.  (Not yours -- the heartless, know-nothing nit-pickers in residence.) Smile to your face and then slip the knife in -- what fans!
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

Pathetic isn't it?   Maybe Paul should have sit at home,  we could have lost and we would have had NO EXCUSES.     Sorry but there are excuses sometimes.  Some we don't know about.  Of course we have people here that think they know exactly what is going on with the C's  inside. Wow " Paul Pierce threw a horrible pass. "    I guess that was the first horrible pass in the history of the C's.  Anyone that thinks he didn't do a credible job on Lebron doesn't know much about the game.  I bet you Rivers doesn't think he did a bad job, of course what would he know.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CUT PP SOME SLACK, HAD THE FLU! : - And I can't take much more of these ignorant posts.  (Not yours -- the heartless, know-nothing nit-pickers in residence.) Smile to your face and then slip the knife in -- what fans!

It's unfortunate that since we disagree, this "makes you sick".  It's also unfortunate that you consider my posts "ignorant" and "heartless, know-nothing nit-picking".  One thing I've learned is to never get "personal" on here.

Whether or not I agree or disagree with you, I will always respect your thoughts and never, I say never, throw unnecessary insults your way.

I don't know you personally, but I respect your thoughts on this board.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

MRI on left foot.  Let's hope it's negative. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Petey and Rajon, I consider you two of the very reasonable and insightful people on this Board.  I hope you bury the hatchet.  Petey is a high standard, military type guy who doesn't accept excuses easily.  He's a "perform or get out of the way" kind of guy.  I respect that.

I think the key is that we don't know what was wrong with Pierce.  Have you ever had the flu?  I can't imagine playing a basketball game when I had the real flu.  Flu like symptons?  Yes.  I could play.  A "bug", yes, I can play.  The real FLU, heck no - you can't really do much and I think its dangerous for you and contagious to your team.

So, I suspect the flu wasn't PP's problem or he wouldn't have played the Laker game at all.  Instead, as noted in other threads, I believe that PP has been playing subpar ball for the month of Feb and that's not like him to have that many sub par games in a row.  something is probably wrong with him and its not just today.  Between trying to guard Lebron and whatever else is going on, he had a bad day.   What I love is that he contributed in other ways and the team played together.  Winning ugly is a part of this game.  They never gave up and everyone contributed.  That's why I love this team.....they play TEAM ball and not hero ball.   They all have a key play or two, not dependent on one or two guys to do it all.Guess what SA, Boston, and Lakers (when Kobe's not trying to be the hero) have in common?  

So, let's give Paul a break and hope that he is healthy.....and congratulate the rest of the guys for pulling out a tough win.   Don't underestimate Miami.  We made them look pretty normal but very few others can do that. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CUT PP SOME SLACK, HAD THE FLU! : It's unfortunate that since we disagree, this "makes you sick".  It's also unfortunate that you consider my posts "ignorant" and "heartless, know-nothing nit-picking".  One thing I've learned is to never get "personal" on here. Whether or not I agree or disagree with you, I will always respect your thoughts and never, I say never, throw unnecessary insults your way. I don't know you personally, but I respect your thoughts on this board.

-

I didn't address anything to you personally, Petey, but if you chose to put yourself among those I mentioned that's your business.

I think there is a time for thoughtful criticism in between games, but after a game like today, well, that's not the time.  That's a time to celebrate the positive things we saw in a gutsy victory.  Not time to pick on an obviously sick player who left it all out there on the court for 40 minutes, sick as a dog.

But I get your point, and thank you for your attitude.  I get emotional about these things.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]When my last post refreshed, I saw where PP "said" he has to get an MRI on his left foot. What happened to his left foot?  Maybe this thread should replace "flu" with "left foot".
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]on behalf of this thread good old petey: it think your put your (left) foot in your mouth on this one! (rex ryan will be almost proud)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

COMMUNIST, why would I have to put my foot in my mouth?  The MRI is supposed to be from a foot injury sustained TWO WEEKS ago.  Pierce did not hurt his left foot today which is why he had a bad game.

So, if you are trying to excuse today's performance with some recent (today) foot injury that will require an MRI tomorrow, good try, it's been sore for 2 weeks.  He's had some decent games in that timeframe so why make that the excuse today?

Pierce, himself, said he's dealing with minor injuries but he's gutting it out.  I respect that but even HE isn't blaming today's performance on this.  Actually, I'm sure Pierce would be the first to say he had a terrible, absolutely horrible, game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chitowncelt. Show chitowncelt's posts

Sick is sick.  He was sub-par at tipoff.  Others stepped up.  The job got done.  The Celtic way. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]Sick is sick.  He was sub-par at tipoff.  Others stepped up.  The job got done.  The Celtic way. 
    Posted by chitowncelt[/QUOTE]

It was obvious something was wrong with Pierce.  However, 0 - 10 is unacceptable especially against Miami.

But you are right, "others stepped up" and we got the job done.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]Sick is sick.  He was sub-par at tipoff.  Others stepped up.  The job got done.  The Celtic way. 

Posted by chitowncelt[/QUOTE]

-

Leave it to a Chi-town fella to get it right.

"Actually, I'm sure Pierce would be the first to say he had a terrible, absolutely horrible, game."

Petey

I really, really doubt that. 

Actually, Petey, that is highly presumptuous of you.  Paul had a bad game only to people who solely look at points scored and ignore the other more mundane but equally important aspects of the game. 

The simple fact that he gave us 40 minutes, while being a shadow of his usual self physically, played good team defense, moved the ball, while gathering 5 rebounds, 3 assists, and one steal indicates that he indeed did not have an "absolutely horrible" game, just a horrible shooting game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CUT PP SOME SLACK, HAD THE FLU! : - Leave it to a Chi-town fella to get it right. "Actually, I'm sure Pierce would be the first to say he had a terrible, absolutely horrible, game." Petey I really, really doubt that.  Actually, Petey, that is highly presumptuous of you.  Paul had a bad game only to people who solely look at points scored and ignore the other more mundane but equally important aspects of the game.  The simple fact that he gave us 40 minutes, while being a shadow of his usual self physically, played good team defense, moved the ball, while gathering 5 rebounds, 3 assists, and one steal indicates that he indeed did not have an "absolutely horrible" game, just a horrible shooting game.

VERY WELL PUT

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

well he is getting an MRI done. i guess in the post game he said ankle and hand giving him issues. lets hope doc doesnt play them in the all star and allows paul to get rest.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I'm not a fan of picking on a player after a loss, basketball is a long season and I judge players by the entirety of their output on a season (until the playoffs, then a game to game microscope is more important). This was a great win and while Pierce did not play great, he did do a few good things. 

Even better, the Lakers lost. Some fans on this board get really over the top after a bad performance, I think you have to see it play out over a longer period of time. Pierce is having one of his best seasons. I just hope he's not hurt too bad, as that would not be what we need right now.