Cut the umbilical chord Doc!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Cut the umbilical chord Doc!!!

Doc is a great coach, but he heaps too much pressure on players that can't handle it without losing their game.

I.E.- Von Wafer, Bill Walker, Nate Robinson, Nenad Kristic, Troy Murphy, Avery Bradley, Lester Hudson, Marquis Daniels, Pavlovic, Jeff Green, Big Baby...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Re: Cut the umbilical chord Doc!!!

In Response to Re: Cut the umbilical chord Doc!!!:
    [QUOTE]shut up already with the pointlessness... make your observations on the couple of decent threads and stop spamming or go back to watching 40 year old virgin in moms basement Da
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

You know you are only encouraging me right?

Slow day at work= YOUR PROBLEM! Ha Ha!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I pity you then, you choose obnoxious ignorance over useful intelligence

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

How ironic, talking to a big baby on cut the umbilical chord thread ( No pun intended)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

The only thing that should be cutt off is your fingers for typing nonsense. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]The only thing that should be cutt off is your fingers for typing nonsense. 
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

What nonsense? That Kristic, Bill Walker, Nate Robinson, Stephon Marbury,Von Wafer, Tony Allen, Delonte West, Pavlovic, etc are the kinds of players that play better without Doc's voice in their heads?

Not everybody is at their best afraid of making mistakes. Mistakes are a part of the game and can only hope to be minimized not eliminated. I think Doc's goal is to eliminate, not only turnovers, but diversions of any sort from his play calling.

Which is not good coaching in a way.

Teaching and then giving your player confidence that you have his back through the mistakes is the way to get the best out of the marginal players.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

Everybody responds differently and Red was the master.

He walks into the locker room and gives Cowens some cigars he's trying. Cowens was happy.

Then he tells JoJo how beautiful his daughter was in her new dress. JoJo was happy.

Then he see's Silas, looks disgusted, and spits, "FU Silas, you stink!" Silas was happy.

When Bill Russell took over as coach, one of the first things he wanted to do was treat Satch and Nelson better. Red had been brutal with them and Russell wanted to right that. During the season he noticed that they hadn't played worth a damn, so he put them back in the doghouse for the next year. It worked.

"My way or the highway" can work too. After all, a coach has got to be who he is. But often one must play the hand dealt and adjust.

Does Doc have that kind of flex in him? Maybe with the vets, but I haven't seen it with new guys. Didn't you just know that Bradley wasn't going to see the light of day when he was drafted? Didn't you just know that Green and Krstic were going to nose dive? Think Rondo's inconsistency is related? People forget, Baby got hurt.

5 years. There it is. The highway out of town may be opening.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]Everybody responds differently and Red was the master. He walks into the locker room and gives Cowens some cigars he's trying. Cowens was happy. Then he tells JoJo how beautiful his daughter was in her new dress. JoJo was happy. Then he see's Silas, looks disgusted, and spits, "FU Silas, you stink!" Silas was happy. When Bill Russell took over as coach, one of the first things he wanted to do was treat Satch and Nelson better. Red had been brutal with them and Russell wanted to right that. During the season he noticed that they hadn't played worth a damn, so he put them back in the doghouse for the next year. It worked. "My way or the highway" can work too. After all, a coach has got to be who he is. But often one must play the hand dealt and adjust. Does Doc have that kind of flex in him? Maybe with the vets, but I haven't seen it with new guys. Didn't you just know that Bradley wasn't going to see the light of day when he was drafted? Didn't you just know that Green and Krstic were going to nose dive? Think Rondo's inconsistency is related? People forget, Baby got hurt. 5 years. There it is. The highway out of town may be opening.
    Posted by MrJohnnyMost[/QUOTE]

Nice story if it's true.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

I believe the Red story was from SI, but am not !00% sure.

The Russell story was from either "Go Up For Glory" or "Second Wind."

I don't swear to the veracity, only that it's in print somewhere. I read it.

Now, the point.... Does Doc have any flex to him???

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.