D Howard did all he could to avoid trade to LA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

D Howard did all he could to avoid trade to LA

Lol! Is it possible that I like him all of a sudden? Check out this article from NY post http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/nets/nets_nearly_bagged_howard_EFqz8xRs8i5NoU0tzoXxeM

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

Re: D Howard did all he could to avoid trade to LA

Here is Kelly Dwyer's take on this: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/dwight-howard-threatened-trade-los-angeles-lakers-read-190107659.html;_ylt=AkOzCzlFVPDo3Z2_GExwUgAmYsp_;_ylu=X3oDMTFkM2t1aGY0BG1pdANCbG9ncyBJbmRleARwb3MDMzAEc2VjA01lZGlhQmxvZ0luZGV4VGVtcA--;_ylg=X3oDMTFvcGs0cnBnBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANibG9nBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25zBHRlc3QD;_ylv=3

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

And we are pretty glad he did.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: D Howard did all he could to avoid trade to LA:
    [QUOTE]And we are pretty glad he did.
    Posted by TheNewGKDynasty[/QUOTE]

Don't blame you there man.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Surprised the topic took this long to make onto a thread. I expected some around here to jump all over it.

Bynum or Howard - either way there's drama. But I'm thankful we ended up with Drew.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

snakeoil123 I know Bynum has to grow up and lately his behavior hasn't been the best but Dwight Howard's attitude is worse. He's become a cancer. Great talent but he's brought this Magic team down all by him self. Stan Van Gundy is not a bad coach in my opinion. Loved Stan' honesty in that interview. Funny when he said to the reporters something like "You are finished with me? So ask Dwight now. Dwight didn't know what was going on. LOL!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I think, and this is just my opinion, but I think Drew does NOT want the lakers to pick up his team option............he wants a new deal!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]snakeoil123 I know Bynum has to grow up and lately his behavior hasn't been the best but Dwight Howard's attitude is worse. He's become a cancer. Great talent but he's brought this Magic team down all by him self. Stan Van Gundy is not a bad coach in my opinion. Loved Stan' honesty in that interview. Funny when he said to the reporters something like "You are finished with me? So ask Dwight now. Dwight didn't know what was going on. LOL!!!
    Posted by TheNewGKDynasty[/QUOTE]

Bynum is WAAAY better than I thought he was. And yeah that interview was hilarious.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

[QUOTE]Surprised the topic took this long to make onto a thread. I expected some around here to jump all over it. Bynum or Howard - either way there's drama. But I'm thankful we ended up with Drew.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]
    I was thinking the same thing. Remember he also didn't want to come to Boston. Dwight is a Diva.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

dwight doesnt want the pressure of boston or LA......in new jersey they would worship him 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Few random thoughts reading the thread.

Some of the factors that had Howard avoiding LA are red flags, while OTOH I get why some NBA players might not won't part of being Kobe Bryant's supporting cast and as long as Kobe is Kobe, there will be Kobe and the supporting cast, whether the cast or the coach likes it.

For the money Bynum is a wash. He isn't durable but when healthy he is a force.

As for Stan Van Gundy going public with the story about being told that Howard asked for Stan to be fired was 10 kinds of dumb and 25 kinds of unprofessional.

Everybody's stock is down in this mess.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Disagree with coming down on Van Gundy...................I think it's great that he's telling the truth, and making the world see DH for who he really is.  He wanted to be traded, BUT, he didn't ask for a trade, so it was on management.  He appeared to appease the fans in ORL, but he still wanted out.  NJ didn't have the package ORL wanted, so they threatened to trade him to the lakers.

DH is a fraud.  He is not the nice, smiley person he wants us all to see.  Other stuff is coming out, and will continue to come out about how manipulative he is/was.

Van Gundy was sick of appeasing this guy, and wanted everyone to know - "if I get fired, it's because of HIM.............not our record, or not my rapport with the other players on the team."

I salute Van Gundy, and hope he coaches someplace next year, like the Clips!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

DH can't handle the high expectations of the NBA's most storied franchise as well as trying to follow the three-peat Shaq was an integral part of. DH for that reason alone will never be as successful.

I would have Bynumite any day over that lying clown and apart from the great and irrepressible Jermaine O'NEAL, who is better?

Laughing

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]Disagree with coming down on Van Gundy...................I think it's great that he's telling the truth, and making the world see DH for who he really is.  He wanted to be traded, BUT, he didn't ask for a trade, so it was on management.  He appeared to appease the fans in ORL, but he still wanted out.  NJ didn't have the package ORL wanted, so they threatened to trade him to the lakers. DH is a fraud.  He is not the nice, smiley person he wants us all to see.  Other stuff is coming out, and will continue to come out about how manipulative he is/was. Van Gundy was sick of appeasing this guy, and wanted everyone to know - "if I get fired, it's because of HIM.............not our record, or not my rapport with the other players on the team."  I salute Van Gundy, and hope he coaches someplace next year, like the Clips!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]If Stan Van Gundy worked for you, you might not feel the same way.

Now none of that changes the fact that Howard is a diva and worse yet a worm that rather be the focus of attention than win a championship (hence no to LA where it would be Kobe's team).

But turning this into a media circus with only a handful games left until the playoffs on VG's part was equally selfish. He wants the world to "know" he did not get fired for basketball seasons but because his diva center wanted him out. There is no other advantage to this for Stan, he certainly hurt his team, as evidenced by how the laid down on him last night against the Knicks.

I know VG will get hired again but I'd be willing to bet anything it won't be the Clippers and it won't be this off season.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]DH can't handle the high expectations of the NBA's most storied franchise as well as trying to follow the three-peat Shaq was an integral part of. DH for that reason alone will never be as successful. I would have Bynumite any day over that lying clown and apart from the great and irrepressible Jermaine O'NEAL, who is better?
    Posted by Elven 32[/QUOTE]

You're right - he said he didn't want to come to Boston - good job, son!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]DH can't handle the high expectations of the NBA's most storied franchise as well as trying to follow the three-peat Shaq was an integral part of. DH for that reason alone will never be as successful. I would have Bynumite any day over that lying clown and apart from the great and irrepressible Jermaine O'NEAL, who is better?

The most storied franchise is the one with the most titles :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: D Howard did all he could to avoid trade to LA : If Stan Van Gundy worked for you, you might not feel the same way. Now none of that changes the fact that Howard is a diva and worse yet a worm that rather be the focus of attention than win a championship (hence no to LA where it would be Kobe's team). But turning this into a media circus with only a handful games left until the playoffs on VG's part was equally selfish. He wants the world to "know" he did not get fired for basketball seasons but because his diva center wanted him out. There is no other advantage to this for Stan, he certainly hurt his team, as evidenced by how the laid down on him last night against the Knicks. I know VG will get hired again but I'd be willing to bet anything it won't be the Clippers and it won't be this off season.   
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

Actually, I would!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

As a die hard Celtic fan, I was hoping that Dwight would go to the Lakers and stir up drama there. As it appears, Jimmy Buss has yet again made a winning decision and kept Bynum. Wow!! I wish we had upper management like that here in beantown.

Go Green! GO CELTICS!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

Dwight wants to be the number one option , to be the man.

in my opinion he does not have that killer instinct like Magic ,Bird etc.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Faker fans are lying if they say they want this:

Instead of this:

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

Yup, that's all the trolls could talk about here before the trade deadline. Kip-jack almost pulled it off...but too bad Howard thought he had a better chance of winning a title this year playing with J-Rich and Ron Jeremy as coach than playing with Kobe and Mike Brown. Sorry trolls....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

[QUOTE]Faker fans are lying if they say they want this: Instead of this:
    Posted by 21st[/QUOTE]

I did not want Howard to come to the Lakers. and i am not lying

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

[QUOTE]Yup, that's all the trolls could talk about here before the trade deadline. Kip-jack almost pulled it off...but too bad Howard thought he had a better chance of winning a title this year playing with J-Rich and Ron Jeremy as coach than playing with Kobe and Mike Brown. Sorry trolls....
    Posted by OC-CeltsFan[/QUOTE]

Nothing to be sorry about you're a C's fan and we're Lakers fans defending our turf.  Just hoping Brown get's his game face on because he has not figured it out just yet.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

They are both prima donnas

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Onthe405. Show Onthe405's posts

In response to "Re: D Howard did all he could to avoid trade to LA": [QUOTE]DH can't handle the high expectations of the NBA's most storied franchise as well as trying to follow the three-peat Shaq was an integral part of. DH for that reason alone will never be as successful. I would have Bynumite any day over that lying clown and apart from the great and irrepressible Jermaine O'NEAL, who is better? Posted by Elven 32[/QUOTE] Totally! We need dwight here. We love our diva's. Ask Kobe and Lamar!