D. West and the Miami Series

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

D. West and the Miami Series

West played with James last year and he could be very motivated for this series. He has been injured and may be closer to 100% this series.  West may be able to provide inside infor on James for this series.  With West and JO getting better health I pick the Celts in six.                                                                                                   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: D. West and the Miami Series

D.West can give us more inside info of James' mother than he could for Lebron...but I will enjoy watching the series and see what happens if/when they get tangled up.  Knowing my man D.West, he got one hard one coming for Lebron....just like...ok, let me stop

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

heat in 6

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Celtics in 6!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

Heat in 7.

Homefield advantage helps the heat get past the celts.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Something tells me you won't get the home cooking calls though.  In the back of my mind I think the nba doesn't want to let the heat succeed.  They don't want all the small market superstars converging.  Bad for the league.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

When the C's play up to their potential Miami's run ends in the second round.
    Celtics are build for the playoffs and are the better team, by far.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schleprechaun. Show Schleprechaun's posts

Miami needs to get out of the first round FIRST, right?
    I bet they will tonight, but hey, look a tthe Spurs. I think they were looking past Mem. and now they face elimination....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

The big three will lead us, but much depends on JO, West, Glen, and Green.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from caesarthecat. Show caesarthecat's posts

shaq is the factor.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: D. West and the Miami Series:
    [QUOTE]Heat in 7. Homefield advantage helps the heat get past the celts.
    Posted by Wade3[/QUOTE]

So glad I'm a Celts fan right now...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

maybe we can get bron kicked out of the game, put delonte on him a couple of times and ask bron about his mom, make sure to tell her to pick up her toothbrush she left at my place last night....and tell her its over

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Phily in 7.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]The big three will lead us, but much depends on JO, West, Glen, and Green.
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]

Yes you need to expect that they make chumps of the likes of Juwan Howard, Joel Anthony, Mario Chalmers, Mike Miller and James Jones.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]shaq is the factor.....
    Posted by caesarthecat[/QUOTE]

and yes he is the key

A shaq who can play like he did Nov-Jan... that being 16 mins, 9 points, 5 rebounds... means we prob win in 6

A Shaq who can at least show up, give us 9-11 mins, 5 points and 3 rebounds and series will go at least 7...

Then it depends on who is hot and if the refs call it fair

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: D. West and the Miami Series : and yes he is the key A shaq who can play like he did Nov-Jan... that being 16 mins, 9 points, 5 rebounds... means we prob win in 6 A Shaq who can at least show up, give us 9-11 mins, 5 points and 3 rebounds and series will go at least 7... Then it depends on who is hot and if the refs call it fair
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

How can the series go AT LEAST 7?

Isnt 7 the max it can go?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from calvinator. Show calvinator's posts

Interesting numbers on the Heat-76ers series. Despite leading the series 3-1 the Heat have scored only one more basket the entire series 131-130. The Heat have shot 119 free throws to the 76ers 70. Wayne, James, and Bosh have shot 98 free throws. So Miami's big three have shot 28 more free throws than the entire 76ers team. Now being that these 3 are suppose to be somewhat aggresive on both the offensive and defensive side of the ball, between them they are averaging only 1.5 fouls per game. Now I know the James and Wade penetrate and draw fouls well, but do they never get called for charging? Also how can someone play good defense and only get called for 1.5 fouls per game. Only a soft player who does not want to foul could accomplish that. Howerver you want to take it the numbers are interesting.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Interesting numbers on the Heat-76ers series. Despite leading the series 3-1 the Heat have scored only one more basket the entire series 131-130. The Heat have shot 119 free throws to the 76ers 70. Wayne, James, and Bosh have shot 98 free throws. So Miami's big three have shot 28 more free throws than the entire 76ers team. Now being that these 3 are suppose to be somewhat aggresive on both the offensive and defensive side of the ball, between them they are averaging only 1.5 fouls per game. Now I know the James and Wade penetrate and draw fouls well, but do they never get called for charging? Also how can someone play good defense and only get called for 1.5 fouls per game. Only a soft player who does not want to foul could accomplish that. Howerver you want to take it the numbers are interesting.
    Posted by calvinator[/QUOTE]

In 4 regular season games the Heat outscored the Cs... the Cs averaged 90 points whereas the Heat averaged 92 but the Cs won 3 of 4.

How can someone play good defense and only get called for 1.5 fouls per game?

THEY ARE EXTREMELY ATHLETIC AND BETTER THAN THE GUY THEY ARE GUARDING.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from calvinator. Show calvinator's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: D. West and the Miami Series : In 4 regular season games the Heat outscored the Cs... the Cs averaged 90 points whereas the Heat averaged 92 but the Cs won 3 of 4. How can someone play good defense and only get called for 1.5 fouls per game? THEY ARE EXTREMELY ATHLETIC AND BETTER THAN THE GUY THEY ARE GUARDING.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

I was just talking about the Heat-76ers series and not the Celtics-Heat. Your statement about being athletic could have some merit, but over all is too much of a generalization. Larry Bird could score on Orlando Woolrich and Dominque at will even though they were more athletic. He could also draws fouls on both of them.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

OMG that is funny.....yes, Bibby is so much more athletic than Rondo.......and Chris Bosh is a shoo-in for the HOF, he "owns" KG..........great stuff dud...Miller, House and Big Z..........yep, shaking in my boots....why don't we just not play and give them the series now?  That would be great, I can start watching the Sox early!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Deja vous.  This is all the same crap we were hearing this time last year.