D. West to be Waved

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

D. West to be Waved

Ex Celtic , Delonte West, has been traded and is expected to be waived in the next 10 days by the Timberwolves.  West had a lot of promise and has experience with the Celts.  He could be helpful?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenpride32. Show greenpride32's posts

Re: D. West to be Waved

I thought he played well for the C's and for CLE 2 years ago.  But the guy is a head case.  I don't see management wanting to bring in a guy with his history off the court, I mean he's not that good that they would take a chance.  Also, I'm sure he can get much more than the vet min, even with his checkered history.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

LOL

At first I was thinking David West from the Hornets! I was like, let's get him on OUR squad. I would take him over Big Baby anyday.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Delonte West is also aesthetically one of the creepiest people I have ever seen. His play was never that great and his behavior speaks to a disturbed individual.  Forget this guy please.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

This is one bad apple, stay away.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

gimme delonte!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

He could play part time and be the team leperchaun on other nights...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

We've  brought in head cases before and had some decent luck with them. He certainly doesn't compare with Starbury in terms of creepiness. The kid plays with grit.

I liked his play during his earlier stint with the C's and was sorry to see him leave.

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCelticsBig3. Show TheCelticsBig3's posts

He may be a head case off the court but on it he is all heart and hustle. I don't know if it would be a great idea to bring him in considering we have Bradley and Nate Robinson but I wouldn't hate it either.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

I don't want MeBron, or his step-father!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

NO THANK YOU!!!!  Get a back up for Pierce/Allen and a BIG!!!!  Lets stay focused on the task at hand. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: D. West to be Waved:
    I don't want MeBron, or his step-father!
    Posted by BirdandCowens

Someone has "borrowed" your Wooden and Russell quotes.

Have you noticed?

Are you flattered?

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I have been a fan of Delonte's since his rookie year with the C's. Yes he's had problems off the court. I read that he was diagnosed with bipolar disorder also known as manic depressive disorder. For those not familiar with this mental disorder, it is a mood disorder. With proper medication treatment and psychotherapy, it usually has a good prognosis. For more information on bipolar disorder than my brief description, I suggest you look it up.
        There is no doubt that Delonte is a very talented player that can play the 1 and 2 spot. He's a good offensive and defensive player. The C's do have current backups at those spots with Robinson and Bradley. Delonte deserves to go play on a team where he's an integral part of the rotation.
        By the way, I am a licensed clinical psychologist by profession for those of you who may question my qualifications to speak about mental disorders.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

One of the problems with treating bipolar disorder is med compliance or lack thereof..I suspect that may be an issue with D. West. You can't force medications on people and I'm sure the player's union is not helpful with pressuring player's to be compliant against their will..I say pass on D....

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I have been a fan of Delonte's since his rookie year with the C's. Yes he's had problems off the court. I read that he was diagnosed with bipolar disorder also known as manic depressive disorder. For those not familiar with this mental disorder, it is a mood disorder. With proper medication treatment and psychotherapy, it usually has a good prognosis. For more information on bipolar disorder than my brief description, I suggest you look it up.     There is no doubt that Delonte is a very talented player that can play the 1 and 2 spot. He's a good offensive and defensive player. The C's do have current backups at those spots with Robinson and Bradley. Delonte deserves to go play on a team where he's an integral part of the rotation.     By the way, I am a licensed clinical psychologist by profession for those of you who may question my qualifications to speak about mental disorders.
    Posted by mem17

Mem:

Seems to me that if you "cure" the underlying psychopathology, you likely turn him into a better adjusted but more ordinary fellow. His intensity/drive likely comes from the conflict inside that he has "harnessed" to propel his professional career.

Even his moods out and what do you have? A lab tech? A librarian maybe?

Pud

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I was a West fan when he was here because he was a hustler who played bigger than his 6'3" frame.  I don't know what has happened to the guy over the past few years, but gun incidents and other mental health related issues would make him a very big risk at this point.  Too bad, because he was a serviceable player. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I like Delonte but the Celtics do not need another 6'3'' guy.  We have enough smalls.  We have to get wing players.  Quis is NOT enough.

Same thinking goes into E. House.  We need wings.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

DWest USED to be a good player......but last season he was a distraction & is proving more over time that he is very immature. I wouldnt take a chance on him. Headcase!.....He should go play with his Mama's baby in Miami...

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

In Response to Re: D. West to be Waved : Anyone in particular?
    Posted by MaineOsFan

McGrady, Rudy Fernandez, Josh Howard, Shane Battier for starters.  We have the veteran's minimum as well as Sheed's contract.

Portland is looking to move Fernandez and he makes less than $1.5 mil.  McGrady might come here for the vet minimum and we have Sheed's contract for Battier or Howard.  That's just for starters.

Other than Ray and Paul and Quis as a backup, we have no wing players taller than 6'3'' (Avery Bradley).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

NOOOOOOOOOOOO.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

One of the problems with treating bipolar disorder is med compliance or lack thereof..I suspect that may be an issue with D. West. You can't force medications on people and I'm sure the player's union is not helpful with pressuring player's to be compliant against their will..I say pass on D....
    Posted by tomobo

You are correct that med compliance is a big issue when it comes to bipolar disorder.