DA will play his cards just like he did in 2007

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

DA will play his cards just like he did in 2007

and this is why i love DA. he doesn't think in black and white like most fans who are either all about "tanking" for the #1 pick, or trading all the assets DA has aquired for proven talent. DA will be patient, he will hope for a top 3 pick, if he doesn't get it, then he will start making moves, just as he did in 2007. if Boston got a top 2 pick in 07, then the trade for RA never happens. DA won't force anything, he will take the best scenario that falls in his lap.

anyone expecting DA to panick and make a desperate trade this season for a player like lamarcus aldridge, omer asik, gortat, or any other non super-star are going to be very disappointed. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Re: DA will play his cards just like he did in 2007

I think DA is doing a great job. Hated to see KG and especially Pierce go, but what we got in return, I'm tickled to death over. I'ld realy like to see a young team put together like the Spurs were, or the Thunder are today. That would be ideal. Which is why I'm hoping they lose a lot of games this year and wins a top 5 lottery pick in 2014. But as you pointed out, DA is a smart card player. I have no doubt that we'll be in he dumps for long. I'ld just like to see a decade or more of a dynasty (ala OKC) rather then cashing in all our chips for 3-5 years. Not that I'm knocking what he did with RA, and KG. I wouldn't take that back for anything. I would just like to see many, many, many years of contention like OKC will probably get out of their young core. But to do that, we have to get at least one top young talent out of the draft. DA has provided us with a good chance of getting that. And if not, he'll turn it into something just as good. The future looks bright. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

im not saying you're wrong. i suppose acquiring Aldridge is best idea among those 3

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

Aldridge gives us a potential log jam at the 4 without a true 5 though, right?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

i think he is planning something similar....Kevin Love is still out there...could you start a team with Rondo, Jeff Green and Kevin Love? I think so.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

Won't happen..we don't have enough to trade yet...give it some time and we will.....think a little more long range...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

In response to MrCricket's comment:

and this is why i love DA. he doesn't think in black and white like most fans who are either all about "tanking" for the #1 pick, or trading all the assets DA has aquired for proven talent. DA will be patient, he will hope for a top 3 pick, if he doesn't get it, then he will start making moves, just as he did in 2007. if Boston got a top 2 pick in 07, then the trade for RA never happens. DA won't force anything, he will take the best scenario that falls in his lap.

anyone expecting DA to panick and make a desperate trade this season for a player like lamarcus aldridge, omer asik, gortat, or any other non super-star are going to be very disappointed. 

Danny is not smart, he is very smart!! How smart?

1. Got rid of DOC

2. Got rid of the old men.

3. Got a real coach

4. Structuring for the near future

5. More will be coming....can hardly wait to see!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

Aldridge gives us a potential log jam at the 4 without a true 5 though, right?

EXACTLY MY POINT!

I'd be all aboad the LA train, but we have all sorts of PFs right now. Expensive, expiring ones like Humpty. Offensive ones like Bass & KO. Rebound-happy ones like Sullinger. KO and Sully are both best at the PF position right now, both are on very affordable rookie contracts. For me, it just doesn't make sense to grab LA unless you plan to play him at the 5 - kind of like Horford. Also, you'll probably need to give up KO or Sully, and I really like both of these guys.

For me, I want to get someone with a centers mindset, someone like Hibbert, and I dont mind paying for that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

i think he is planning something similar....Kevin Love is still out there...could you start a team with Rondo, Jeff Green and Kevin Love? I think so.

YUP!

Lets see how KO & Sully play together, but I think if Kelley plans out as a role player, it would be extremely interesting to see him and Kevin play together and off of each other.

Imagine a PF & C both able to knock down 3's and mid rangers, also able to drive, and with very high IQ playing with Rondo ...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I'm sorry but am I missing something here?

Where "out there" is Kevin Love?  Can someone provide a link or something showing he is available?

He is signed for the next 3 seasons and if Minnesota puts him on the trading block, he definitely won't come cheap.  He's an exceptional talent both offensively and defensively and we'd have to give up a whole lot for him.

What we'd have to give up for Aldridge, we'd have to give up a whole lot more for a younger Kevin Love.

I'd love to see either Love or Aldridge in a Celtics uniform, the sooner the better.  But is that realistic?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

some of us have a bit higher opinion of Aldridge than others on the board.

I personaly think he has proven to be one of the better big men in the NBA right now......I also think he's a better player than Love, but that is my opinion.

reallity is Ainge most liekly can't get either one right now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

DA is not bad, and he will adjust and try to do the best given what is handed to him.  But there is no voodoo magic or this mystical zen master DA.  He was lucky that the Ray Allen trade worked and it got KG here, otherwise, I don't know if anything would have been accomplished here in the last 5-6 years.  It was one and done, but there were many good years along with it.  Was it worth it?  Probably, but nothing is guaranteed to happen again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

While it will take time to see if Fav is a n NBA talent, does anyone think Sully could play the 5 part-time? I know he is shorter but he has the beef and actually knows how to block out taller players.     

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

In response to MrCricket's comment:

Does anyone know how our salary numbers in the summer of 14 will compare to the summer of 07? (I know the cap is different, but I was curious.  Thanks. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

DA is not bad, and he will adjust and try to do the best given what is handed to him.  But there is no voodoo magic or this mystical zen master DA.  He was lucky that the Ray Allen trade worked and it got KG here, otherwise, I don't know if anything would have been accomplished here in the last 5-6 years.  It was one and done, but there were many good years along with it.  Was it worth it?  Probably, but nothing is guaranteed to happen again.

When you're not one of the top cities NBA players want to go to, luck has to play a part.