DANNY AINGE = HEAT MVP

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

Re: DANNY AINGE = HEAT MVP

The look on danny ainge's face sitting in the stands when the heat was pounding on the celtics at the end of the game was priceless.

The guy was almost crying his face off. I think i detected a couple tears coming down his chin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO HEAT.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JREwing. Show JREwing's posts

In Response to Re: DANNY AINGE = HEAT MVP:
    [QUOTE]Shaq's not walking through that door.
    Posted by crisisdave[/QUOTE]
    Because he's so big he can't fit through that door!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JREwing. Show JREwing's posts

Put a stick of dynamite up Ainge's butt, light it and launch him out of town ASAP-Point it to the HBO set of Big Love son he can start his next job!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

[QUOTE]The people who supported the trade and still defend it to this day, are just the most stubborn folks ever.  It will take a 4-game sweep at the hands of the Heat (which is not far off now BTW) for the light bulb to go off in their heads.
    Posted by rpn313[/QUOTE]

No, it's the failure of people like you who didn't see that Perk was overrated and still is. Were we just going to bust our salary cap for years to come on a 6 and 6 guy? The other 3 around him made Perk, not the other way around. How is it you can't see what he isn't doing nothing in OKC either? He still can't play the last 5 minutes of the game because of OFFENSE.  JO is putting up better numbers than Perk. Jeff Green has been playing very well. Who was going to back up Paul if Perk was still here.....Daniels?  He was hurt remembe? Harangody ? Check. Tony Allen took himself out of the equation and he still is a zero offensive threat. It's laughable how some continure to spout defense. Listen to Mark Jackson say I will take good offense over good defense anyday. He is correct. Our OFFENSE from the big 3 is killing us now. That has absolutely nothing to do with Perkins. I think it was the right and necessary trade. If the Big Three can't get off their backside now, it is on them and time to rebuild. Perkins was not, thankfully, part of that plan.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

[QUOTE]paul, He just doesn't get it.  Great coaches can adjust to the talents that they have.  Or to the situation on the court. I am puzzled how Doc can come up with fabulous in-bounds plays, but can't make adjustments to the trends in a given game.  I thought that we would be better prepared after the week off.  It was a good time to practice and figure out how to utilize the talent. PA
    Posted by PACelt[/QUOTE]

Yup they just don't get it, their looking for cause but looking in the wrong direction.  There is talent on that bench, but Doc just decided not to use it. Change it up for game 3, start Krstic at center have O'Neal and Murphy coming off the bench together. Sit Davis! Have Wafer and Pavlovic back up Paul and Ray. Do something anything but completely rely on the big three.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidB1. Show DavidB1's posts

I can't still believe people are diminishing Perkins value, if you hated him or just personally didn't like him (like me) just admit it, but Perkins role went way beyond the numbers. He provided the Celtics with that nasty, bullyish attitude. He absorbed space down the middle like only a healthy Shaq could. Apparently and as ridiculous as it may sound he represented an important part in Rondo staying motivated and positive. He made the Celtics the most physical team in the NBA, fouling or not fouling. Players used to love him he was an essential part of the big 3 Celtics psyche. And that's how the Celtics are now almost being bullied by the Heat.

But more outrageous is that Danny Ainge innocently thought that the oldest player in the league with known health and weight issues since he was at the prime of his game, could simply now step in and replace him into a significant role at the end of the Celtics championship runs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indiansbacker. Show Indiansbacker's posts

[QUOTE]I can't still believe people are diminishing Perkins value, if you hated him or just personally didn't like him (like me) just admit it, but Perkins role went way beyond the numbers. He provided the Celtics with that nasty, bullyish attitude. He absorbed space down the middle like only a healthy Shaq could. Apparently and as ridiculous as it may sound he represented an important part in Rondo staying motivated and positive. He made the Celtics the most physical team in the NBA, fouling or not fouling. Players used to love him he was an essential part of the big 3 Celtics psyche. And that's how the Celtics are now almost being bullied by the Heat. But more outrageous is that Danny Ainge innocently thought that the oldest player in the league with known health and weight issues since he was at the prime of his game, could simply step in and replace him in a significant role into what very well might be the Celtics last championship run in a long time.
    Posted by DavidB1[/QUOTE]

Yes, Danny Ainge gave this series to the Heat before it even started.  What a bone-headed move to trade Perkins!  You guys are toast, even though I hate to admit it!  Somebody has to STOP LeBron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DANNY AINGE = HEAT MVP : Buddy, I don't know what board you have been getting on but it hasn't been this one. I have seen most of the people on this board being critical of Ainge's decisions especially after that beat-down of the Lakers. I guess some people (you) are just seeing what you want to see. No Mitch Kupchak would never be "given" any star players would he? No. that would never happen!! I hope you know I am joking (Gasol from Memphis).
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

Oh no tex, I know EXACTLY what I read on this forum. I know because every time I read one of those ludicrous posts, I would laugh my as$ off.

Almost every trade or free agent pickup Danny made...many on this forum were heaping praise on DA and saying #18 was in the bag. The Shaq pickup, the JON signing, bringing in Delonte West...all of these as well as last year and the year before that...many of your fellow C's fans were certain that #18 was a foregone conclusion. And with each trade or signing, I was scratching my head (like many of the talking heads) wondering why this fan base looked at DA's every move as "genius".

Maybe a few of your fellow C's fans will man-up and admit it, but I doubt it. Danny's only "brilliant" move was signing KG and Ray Allen. Everything beyond that really showed his "genius"...and now dark days are ahead.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Guys, don't kid yourselves. The only "genius" in Boston sports is BB, and he doesn't coach basketball...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

posted at 5/4/2011 12:06 AM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=e21c6e8c839e6f753eee501f1151ebed&plckUserId=e21c6e8c839e6f753eee501f1151ebed">
    First: 5/6/2008
    Last: 5/4/2011
    The perk trade was an absolute disaster,  BUT danny is a very very good gm.  Think of all the talent he drafted...  he needed that to trade for kg.  he is a good gm, he just made 1 seriously bad trade.

PS the injury to kg cost them at least 1 championship

give danny a break nobody is correct 100% of the time.

the celtics are a little old now, they need dwight howard badly!

tex, I rest my case.

Other than Rondo, how many "great" draft picks are still with the C's?! And even many of you want to see HIM traded.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from beemrdon52. Show beemrdon52's posts

Posey, Powe, Perk and Allen.

Let's trade the genius Ainge!

..."I would have traded me".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from beemrdon52. Show beemrdon52's posts

Well, we can all just sit and hope that 39 year old Shaq takes a moment off from pitching IcyHot to save the C's season...right boys ?

I'll bet some of you still believe in the tooth fairy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lifetimefan. Show lifetimefan's posts

if we lose this series early, danny might consider rebuilding the team this summer, not until KG and Ray contract end.  Big trade would be done this summer.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lifetimefan. Show lifetimefan's posts

danny has 19th first round pick and the other first round pick 2012 from Oklahoma City obtained from Perkins / Jeff trade.  So, he has some good value to obtain young star players from other teams. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lifetimefan. Show lifetimefan's posts

we need to bring in younger players on the rise to the team; otherwise, we can't match miami, chicago, atlanta and oklahoma

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lifetimefan. Show lifetimefan's posts

we may get Dwight in 2012

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DANNY AINGE = HEAT MVP : No, it's the failure of people like you who didn't see that Perk was overrated and still is. Were we just going to bust our salary cap for years to come on a 6 and 6 guy? The other 3 around him made Perk, not the other way around. How is it you can't see what he isn't doing nothing in OKC either? ...
    Posted by terrrapin[/QUOTE]

1) Letting him finish the season does not necessarily force the Celtics to sign him to big contract.
    2) Right now, the second best rebounder in this team is the point guard. You can add the rebounds of the two centers and they still do not equal Rondo's.
    3) Giving up Perk for added athleticism is bad strategy. You are not going to match the athleticism of Miami. And by trying to do so is just making you play exactly the kind of they want. Same with Lakers. You beat teams like that by playing ugly and tough in the paint.
    4) You say that the big three are the ones that made Perk look better. It looks like the big three do not think the same. Besides, we have yet to see how the three centers improved that position.
    5) Perhaps most important of all, the other teams gained confidence at attacking the Celtics inside, after Perk left.

I believe you underrate his value to the team, because he does not play pretty. That just also happens to be one of the reasons why athletic teams did not like playing Boston.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DANNY AINGE = HEAT MVP : 1) Letting him finish the season does not necessarily force the Celtics to sign him to big contract. 2) Right now, the second best rebounder in this team is the point guard. You can add the rebounds of the two centers and they still do not equal Rondo's. 3) Giving up Perk for added athleticism is bad strategy. You are not going to match the athleticism of Miami. And by trying to do so is just making you play exactly the kind of they want. Same with Lakers. You beat teams like that by playing ugly and tough in the paint. 4) You say that the big three are the ones that made Perk look better. It looks like the big three do not think the same. Besides, we have yet to see how the three centers improved that position. 5) Perhaps most important of all, the other teams gained confidence at attacking the Celtics inside, after Perk left. I believe you underrate his value to the team, because he does not play pretty. That just also happens to be one of the reasons why athletic teams did not like playing Boston.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]
     1. First and foremost, he was testing the market. If we didn't move we would have got nothing in return if he spurned us like Tony Allen. That is what the trade was all about.
     2. The other issue is freeing up money after next year for a big free agent.
     3.  Perkins ain't scaring anybody in OKC so far. Maybe you haven't been watching. If he is doing so wonderfully and such a game stopper, why  doesn't he even play the last five minutes of the game? He wasn't doing that here. Isn't the end of the game when most attack the basket to get the foul calls?
     4. These guys are supposed to be veterans and professionals. I get tired of hearing the excuses.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DANNY AINGE = HEAT MVP : 1) Letting him finish the season does not necessarily force the Celtics to sign him to big contract. 2) Right now, the second best rebounder in this team is the point guard. You can add the rebounds of the two centers and they still do not equal Rondo's. 3) Giving up Perk for added athleticism is bad strategy. You are not going to match the athleticism of Miami. And by trying to do so is just making you play exactly the kind of they want. Same with Lakers. You beat teams like that by playing ugly and tough in the paint. 4) You say that the big three are the ones that made Perk look better. It looks like the big three do not think the same. Besides, we have yet to see how the three centers improved that position. 5) Perhaps most important of all, the other teams gained confidence at attacking the Celtics inside, after Perk left. I believe you underrate his value to the team, because he does not play pretty. That just also happens to be one of the reasons why athletic teams did not like playing Boston.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  The Celtics are definitely missing Perk in the playoffs this year.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from IanJB. Show IanJB's posts

[QUOTE]From:  Jerry Buss To: Danny Ainge I told you not to bet the house on Shaq!  Why did you think I traded him!  LAZY and never in shape! Good luck in the lottery!!! P.S. I put 2 Finals Tickets at will call for u!
    Posted by LALAKERSMAN[/QUOTE]

Hey man hows Dirk doing in the playoffs this year?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Qdaddy way to defend the home court. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

[QUOTE]And by the way Tony Allen 9pts. 3 rebs. - Durant 26pts. and 5 rebs. Perkins 2pts. 5 rebs.  Marc Gasol 13pts. 10rebs. 5blks. Oh, also Jeff Green 11pts. 4rebs. 2stls. one of the few C's with a plus. Jermaine O'Neal 8pts. 9rebs. omly starter without a BIG minus. But Perk would have done better playing with C's. Idiots!!! PA
    Posted by PACelt[/QUOTE]

*ding*

Cool

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to DANNY AINGE = HEAT MVP : What's so funny is that the last two years, most of the people on this board were calling Danny Ainge a genius. He needed McHale to "give him" KG and the rest of his trades have been weak at best. He ain't no Jerry West or Mitch Kupchak.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

Qdaddy! This is your chance to tell us anyone who knows basketball knows a laker title is a foregone conclusion.