Danny Ainge is a genius

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Re: Danny Ainge is a genius

In response to Bigpoodle's comment:
    [QUOTE]

At the moment it looks like the Nets, who owe the Celts 1st-round picks in four of the next five years, are (unintentionally) doing the tanking for them. The Celtics can focus on developing their young talent as far as it will go and let the chips fall where they may as far as this year's record.

Flexibility is indeed the key to getting stronger in 2014 and beyond. Ainge doesn't have to think merely in terms of who to dump or trade for whom. Bodies, expiring contracts, and that boatload of extra draft picks are all assets that can be used or packaged in trades for desired players or better draft positions - in multiple years. Funky roster moves like the amnesty and the stretch also can yield additional room for wheeling and dealing. There are literally thousands of possible combinations of these assets at Ainge's disposal when considering potential deals with the 29 other teams. No need for him to make hasty moves - he can watch the season, his needs, and other team's situations develop. I don't know whether the guy is a genius or not, but he sure has given himself a lot of ways to avoid looking like an idiot.

[/QUOTE]

Very astute! And, if that's the case, why does a GM with that kind of flexiblity and so many options at his disposal need to tank for a top lottery pick? Only a GM fearing for his job does that out of desperation ... It's un-American as Coach K said.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Mployee8's comment:

[QUOTE]

But you already said he wouldn't do anything until the trade deadline ... Another flip-flop???

[/QUOTE]

Did I say Ainge will make a move on Dec. 15?

I said the earliest Ainge can make a move is on Dec. 15.

Get it?

[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, I got it ... You also said he would sit on his hands until the trade deadline. He may have that luxury now but if other teams that are underperforming need a fix then Trader Danny will emerge from his cave and show his shadow. Get It?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to maryngary's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No one know how the rest of the season will go but:  Fav is a find, I like him more than most of the centers in the NBA, he is not allstar but with his all around game he can be near allstar like Rondo.  KO is a very good player in the making, the guy knows how to play the game, when teh reffs begin to respect him a bit more it will help.  Sullinger is very good for his age, but I hear a bad knee is surfacing.   Crawford can pass and shoot, he needs to improve his defence but he has time to do it.  He its very difficult to read and the other team just never knows if he is looking for the shot or pass.  This team is not that bad , they do not suck.  The coach is refreshing.  All playes feel like they are part of the team. 

[/QUOTE]

Good point ... First back and now knee problems. Not looking good expecting him to stay on the court for big minutes over long seasons and having a lengthy career. Maybe Danny has considered these factors and the fact that Sully's stock may have risen since his return from surgery since he's playing well in the paint. Could be the best time to cash him in especially with Oly and Fav looking good. Adding Sully to Hump, Bass, Wallace, Lee or Brooks & Bogans and there are plenty of assets to work a trade with.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mossad-did-911. Show mossad-did-911's posts

i hope Sully takes a couple games off and heals up.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

I had a bone bruise on my knee a couple of weeks ago.

It swole up like an egg, but I played on it two days later.