Danny Ainge Moron At Large

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Danny Ainge Moron At Large

In Response to Re: Danny Ainge Moron At Large:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny Ainge Moron At Large : Agreed, a point guard that cannot hit a free throw or any jump shot outside of 5 feet makes a perfect PG for the celtics.
    Posted by Tayshawn[/QUOTE]

Well then... you have far more cred than the idiots that have you on IGNORE... or pretend to.

At least you are honest.... much more so than the suk up Laker fans at BDC who quiver in fear of Rondo... or at least pretend to.

Pud

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

Losing Tony Allen was a huge error considering the defensive job he did on Kobe; Tony Allen was a huge priority, and Ainge did not see it. TA made Memphis a contender! Relying on Shaq was foolishness. Drafting J.R. Giddens over DeAndre Jordan was blindness. The Perkins deal was foolish for this year, and this year was the relevant year. I agree that in the future Perkins is not a 30 million dollar talent, but the Celtics were ready to win a championship this year, and Ainge should have gone for it. Miami will win about six championships anyway now. They have begun a dynasty. The difference between their Big Three and ours is that theirs are young. We should have won more championships with our guys but the window is closed especially with Ainge at the helm. I agree that Rondo must work on his jump shot this summer. We need a center. That is the most important thing. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from larry1717. Show larry1717's posts

[QUOTE]Losing Tony Allen was a huge error considering the defensive job he did on Kobe; Tony Allen was a huge priority, and Ainge did not see it. TA made Memphis a contender! Relying on Shaq was foolishness. Drafting J.R. Giddens over DeAndre Jordan was blindness. The Perkins deal was foolish for this year, and this year was the relevant year. I agree that in the future Perkins is not a 30 million dollar talent, but the Celtics were ready to win a championship this year, and Ainge should have gone for it. Miami will win about six championships anyway now. They have begun a dynasty. The difference between their Big Three and ours is that theirs are young. We should have won more championships with our guys but the window is closed especially with Ainge at the helm. I agree that Rondo must work on his jump shot this summer. We need a center. That is the most important thing. 
    Posted by bramrok[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from larry1717. Show larry1717's posts

[QUOTE]Losing Tony Allen was a huge error considering the defensive job he did on Kobe; Tony Allen was a huge priority, and Ainge did not see it. TA made Memphis a contender! Relying on Shaq was foolishness. Drafting J.R. Giddens over DeAndre Jordan was blindness. The Perkins deal was foolish for this year, and this year was the relevant year. I agree that in the future Perkins is not a 30 million dollar talent, but the Celtics were ready to win a championship this year, and Ainge should have gone for it. Miami will win about six championships anyway now. They have begun a dynasty. The difference between their Big Three and ours is that theirs are young. We should have won more championships with our guys but the window is closed especially with Ainge at the helm. I agree that Rondo must work on his jump shot this summer. We need a center. That is the most important thing. 

Bramrock---Right on, I could not agree more.  When Danny and Celtic management decided they could not afford the 08 Championship sixth man, James Posey, you just knew the Celtics would be going down. Posey fit this team, he didn't fit NO or Indiana.  Not signing James Posey, who was an even better defender then Tony Allen, was the beginning of the end for the Big Three.
    I do not blame Ainge alone, management was involved in the decision as there would have been some luxury tax to be paid.  They went cheap which should tell you that Celtic management is more concerned with revenue than championships.

Right on BramRock!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Danny Ainge Moron At Large : I guess that pretty much sums up the Celtics past and future. Laker fans have faith in Kupchak. Most C's fans seem to want Ainge gone.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

\Most Laker Fans have no faith in Jim Buss and only a small vocal minority want Ainge gone. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Great post

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

i admit that i have been brought to wonder about this.  i think it was blind love and devotion to perkins, an EXTREMELY limited center with minimal athletic ability.  perkins was big and could bang.  deandre is also limited but so much more athletic it makes me want to cry.  the thought of us having deandre-perkins at the 5 means that we win 2 champinships easily and maybe a third this year.  last year there would have been NO lakers win in game 7 and probably no game 7 at all if we had jordan.

but i think danny was really happy with perkins and passed up jordan because of it.  dumb mistake.

2's and 3's are a lot easier to find than 5's worth having and danny blew it

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

A few years after the draft is easy to say which player should have been drafted. Not like Ainge was the only one who made some mistakes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from larry1717. Show larry1717's posts

Ainge has made so many mistakes that I have lost count.  Can anyone name one real good move he has made since McHale gave him KG?  That was over three years ago!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

1) Posey: I understand why DA didn't want to give him that extra year; his current level of play proved DA right on paper. BUT...having Posey last season probably would have been the difference in getting Banner 18. So this was a mistake by DA, his biggest since 2008 IMO.

2) Tony Allen: I've said this 1000 times, and I'll say it again...good riddance to Trick or Treat. I'm happy that he has found success in Memphis, but his inconsistency with us was maddening.

3) Draft: When you draft late it is VERY difficult to get good players. Who knew Blair and Jordan would work out the way they did? Overall, DA put together the current team by leveraging the strength of good young players that HE DRAFTED. So I cannot criticize DA's drafting. Sorry.

4) Perk: Playoffs proved Perk isn't a difference maker. So I still like the trade, but maybe not the timing of it in hindsight given what happened with Shaq. NOW I want to see Jeff Green next season after Doc has had time with him and they make him a starter.

5) Powe: I'd like to see DA re-sign Leon Powe (if he is a FA, which I think he is).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

[QUOTE]Ainge has made so many mistakes that I have lost count.  Can anyone name one real good move he has made since McHale gave him KG?  That was over three years ago!
    Posted by larry1717[/QUOTE]

But is there any GM in the league that does his job better than Ainge?
    I mean maybe DA is not even in top 10 but if we fire him then who will be hired instead?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

First: 6/2/2011
    Last: 6/7/2011
    In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a734e2bc9-e1bc-49d6-8355-64f9a8500246Discussion%3af61ff5c8-82d0-43a1-9d09-1e8326932a56&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:734e2bc9-e1bc-49d6-8355-64f9a8500246Discussion:f61ff5c8-82d0-43a1-9d09-1e8326932a56Post:72a00f70-f838-4736-8455-d084e55b629f">Re: Danny Ainge Moron At Large:
    Ainge has made so many mistakes that I have lost count.  Can anyone name one real good move he has made since McHale gave him KG?  That was over three years ago!
    Posted by larry1717

But is there any GM in the league that does his job better than Ainge?
    I mean maybe DA is not even in top 10 but if we fire him then who will be hired instead?
    ---------------------------------------------------------

karlost or hedley

Cool

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

[QUOTE]1) Posey: I understand why DA didn't want to give him that extra year; his current level of play proved DA right on paper. BUT...having Posey last season probably would have been the difference in getting Banner 18. So this was a mistake by DA, his biggest since 2008 IMO. 2) Tony Allen: I've said this 1000 times, and I'll say it again...good riddance to Trick or Treat. I'm happy that he has found success in Memphis, but his inconsistency with us was maddening. 3) Draft: When you draft late it is VERY difficult to get good players. Who knew Blair and Jordan would work out the way they did? Overall, DA put together the current team by leveraging the strength of good young players that HE DRAFTED. So I cannot criticize DA's drafting. Sorry. 4) Perk: Playoffs proved Perk isn't a difference maker. So I still like the trade, but maybe not the timing of it in hindsight given what happened with Shaq. NOW I want to see Jeff Green next season after Doc has had time with him and they make him a starter. 5) Powe: I'd like to see DA re-sign Leon Powe (if he is a FA, which I think he is).
    Posted by cshashaty[/QUOTE]

I agree with everything here but Powe. His shipped sailed just like Posey and Perkins. I totally agree about Tony Allen. I love the poster above that said he made them a contender. He wasn't playing all the much until Rudy Gay got hurt. They were an 8th place seed in the playoffs. They made a run but not because of the inconsistencies of TA.