Danny Ainge needs to improve...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Danny Ainge needs to improve...

Basketball has become an international game and there is a wealth of foreign talent playing in the European leagues, etc. Unfortunately, the Celtics have shown little interest tapping into this fertile resource. The drafting of Semih Erden in 2009 was more of an afterthought than anything else. In this regard, I believe Danny Ainge must improve on scouting international players if the Celtics are to remain competitive in the coming years. DA must learn to move away from his comfort zone of effectively limiting player recruitment to home grown talent. Most European players grow up playing soccer, a sport demanding of discipline, physical coordination and stamina. As a result, it is not uncommon for many of the European players to have exemplary physical abilities and playing skills, and a firm concept of "team".  Pau Gasol, Tony Parker, Luol Deng, Andrea Bargnani and Dirk Nowitzki are prime examples. Perhaps, DA should get the ball rolling by pirating one of San Antonio's foreign scouts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: Danny Ainge needs to improve...

I don't know how you can make that assumption and disregard the drafting of a European last year as "an afterthought".  I believe that Ainge just believes that their are comparatively better American basketball players at the given draft spot available here without jumping through the Intl hoops.