Danny Ainge-PLEASE READ THIS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Danny Ainge-PLEASE READ THIS

It is no secret that we (Celtic fans) have long known how to beat Miami. To the answer the question as to why Boston had so much success against Lebron James' Cleveland Cavaliers and Dwayne Wade's Miami Heat, one need only remember that Boston owned the paint and forced Cleveland and Miami to shoot challenged shots from the perimeter. Why is Indiana having so much success against Miami in ECF? Because they are doing the same thing that Boston used to do when the Celtics played with a true Center. I hope Danny Ainge sees what we are seeing in ECF. Boston needs size up front and no more tweeners. Gorgui Dieng is the answer. Perhaps also signing a guy like Dalembert. Quit loading up on tons of wings (that don't produce) and quit drafting undersized tweeners.Get help up front!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

Re: Danny Ainge-PLEASE READ THIS

Danny Ainge needs to watch Moneyball and quit 3ff1ng around with the midgets he picks or trades for these days.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Gorgui Dieng has CELTICS all over him. The Celtics drafting him should be a no-brainer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzyr-SZPMbg

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Dieng is definitely a Celtic...that's who I want.

The C's have 6 PGs and 4 Bigs coming in to work out this week. Ainge is throwing serious smokescreens bringing in PGs. LOL!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Thanks for the link! Dieng would bring great value, at pick 16! 

His timing on blocked shot attempts is really good!! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

The C's have 6 PGs and 4 Bigs coming in to work out this week. Ainge is throwing serious smokescreens bringing in PGs. LOL!

Can you provide me with the list of the players coming in?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

I don't know. Ainge seems to favor guards over Centers and Powerfowards.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Dalembert is 32 years old. 

Why sign an old player when you're rebuilding?

There's a chance KG will return, but Pierce is not going to be a Celtic next season.

So why sign a 32-year old Center when the Celts will not be contenders next season?

The same reason why Boston picked up P.J. Brown: Experience and Depth. You may not get 30 minutes a night but that is not what is necessary. I obviously like Dieng but he would be a rookie. We all know that Doc isn't crazy about giving rookies pt. A guy with his talent would get limited minutes. That is why you bring in an experienced player like Dalembert who would also get limited minutes while Dieng learns from him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Agree that Dieng has alot of upside potential.  May be tough to pass on him if available at #16... but he still is a project and IMO, highly doubtful that he can contribute meaningful minutes as backup center next year.  

We have so many holes to fill (depending upon who is traded for whom), I think we still need to draft a NBA ready potential starter... I dump the mess we have acumulated at SG and get a much needed scorer.  

Would be awesome to acquire another mid-first round pick in a trade and get both!      

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

In response to guyfromtex's comment:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/227836/Celtics-Set-To-Workout-Six-Point-Guards-Four-Centers

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Jefferson and Pekovic would be great additions for the Celtics. I figure that Dalembert could be obtained at a discount.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/227836/Celtics-Set-To-Workout-Six-Point-Guards-Four-Centers

thanks

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Dieng.  Ugh.  Something tells me the same people screaming for the Celtics to draft Dieng are the same people who screamed to draft Fab Melo.  Dieng is YET another raw project with backup center (at best) potential.  These 6'11 guys look alot more defensively intimidating in college than they will be in the NBA.  Dieng would be a waste of a pick.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

They should trade up to draft Zeller or hope Plumlee falls to them at 16.  Plumlee will be a more productive player than Dieng.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

They should trade up to draft Zeller or hope Plumlee falls to them at 16.  Plumlee will be a more productive player than Dieng.

GuyfromTex - you're on the money, buddy.  Danny was so silly for going from being the biggest, strongest baddest team in the land to trying to duplicate Miami.  We went from big men and tough minded defense to trying to find Lebron and Wade.  Didn't work.  Stupid plan.

As for teejaytee70's post, Zeller and Plumlee will be like Hansbrough and Collison - great role players to round out a team but their long term potential is not as high as Dieng's.  Dieng will get better and surpass them.  I want Dieng before them!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

GuyfromTex - you're on the money, buddy.  Danny was so silly for going from being the biggest, strongest baddest team in the land to trying to duplicate Miami.  We went from big men and tough minded defense to trying to find Lebron and Wade.  Didn't work.  Stupid plan.

As for teejaytee70's post, Zeller and Plumlee will be like Hansbrough and Collison - great role players to round out a team but their long term potential is not as high as Dieng's.  Dieng will get better and surpass them.  I want Dieng before them!

Dieng will not be a 19 or 20 year old project.  He's a 23 year old project.  How much better do you think he's going to get?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

Hansborough and Collison are hustle guys with great motors who outwork players and they are nice role players, but they do not have a ton of athletic ability and are undersized. Hansborough was not undersized in college so he could physically overpower players and score, but we all know his game wouldn't translate to the NBA.

Zeller and Plumlee are great athletes and have legitimate size and ability - not saying they will be all stars, but they have the potential to be contributing players.

As a poster a few days ago aptly stated, Dieng is Desagana Diop 2.0.

We'll see soon enough, though.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Hansborough and Collison are hustle guys with great motors who outwork players and they are nice role players, but they do not have a ton of athletic ability and are undersized. Hansborough was not undersized in college so he could physically overpower players and score, but we all know his game wouldn't translate to the NBA.

Zeller and Plumlee are great athletes and have legitimate size and ability - not saying they will be all stars, but they have the potential to be contributing players.

As a poster a few days ago aptly stated, Dieng is Desagana Diop 2.0.

We'll see soon enough, though.

Having seen Dieng from a front row seat at 2 different Louisville games, I can tell you he's not like Diop.  He's not as big nor as slow.  He can shoot, he is strong, can defend, and is very long and athletic.  As you said, time will tell.  If possible, we should talk in 3 years after the kid has been in the League.  I think you're going to see some special development here.  Just my prediction from having seen him develop already and watching his atletic ability.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

It is no secret that we (Celtic fans) have long known how to beat Miami. To the answer the question as to why Boston had so much success against Lebron James' Cleveland Cavaliers and Dwayne Wade's Miami Heat, one need only remember that Boston owned the paint and forced Cleveland and Miami to shoot challenged shots from the perimeter. Why is Indiana having so much success against Miami in ECF? Because they are doing the same thing that Boston used to do when the Celtics played with a true Center. I hope Danny Ainge sees what we are seeing in ECF. Boston needs size up front and no more tweeners. Gorgui Dieng is the answer. Perhaps also signing a guy like Dalembert. Quit loading up on tons of wings (that don't produce) and quit drafting undersized tweeners.Get help up front!

You are 125% right on. No team can play small ball & beat Miami. The Bulls, yup I know they didn't have Rose, but they did not have a tremendous height advantage over the Heat. I don't know of anyone who can stop LeBron from driving to the basket on a consistent basis and it's definitely not Guards. We need some 6'10" to 7' PFs and Cs to dominate the paint and make the Heat shoot the perimeter shots as you say.

Other than Durant at 7ft and he shoots a lot from the outside, it was Randolph & Gasol's dominance where they were +10 in most games vs OKC. Will they beat the Spurs, and I have missed our alumnus Tony Allen since he left, don't know because they have a biggie too, Duncan !

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

I assume since you are talking about beating Miami, you are talking about NOT rebuilding this off-season.

Ainge and Doc may decie yo go that route for sure.

in that case Signing Dalembert (for the MLE) and drafting Dieng could make sense.

Ainge would also have to move  one of his glut of 2 guards for a BU Point as well.

fo S & G's lets say Crawford to the Nets for Watson.

line up next year for one LAST go around:

Garnett-28 Min

Dalembert-20 min

Dieng- ???

Melo-???

Bass-24Min

Sullinger-20 Min

Green-28Min

Pierce-28Min

Rondo-30min

Bradley-26Min

Terry-18Min