Danny get us back to the Title Parade!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporting1980. Show sporting1980's posts

Danny get us back to the Title Parade!!!!!

Watching the Bruins. Danny has to get it done. Make a big move. Who can we get to put us there?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Danny get us back to the Title Parade!!!!!

In Response to Danny get us back to the Title Parade!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Watching the Bruins. Danny has to get it done. Make a big move. Who can we get to put us there?
    Posted by sporting1980[/QUOTE]

The Celtics had their best chance of winning a championship last year.  It won't happen again until the big 3 retire and the Celtics have adequate cap space to be able to sign new players. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Howard, Durant, Paul, or ???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from larry1717. Show larry1717's posts

Mchale is no longer a GM!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

If Danny Ainge can rebuild the Celtics bench and stock it with guys who can play defense and score I believe that Boston has a great chance to win another title with the Big Three. One need only look at two things: the numerous leads that were lost in the 4th quarter and the number of minutes that were being logged by the starters. The Celtics lost so many leads because the starters were exhausted. If Ainge can plug that gaping hole at the 5 and pick up some free agents(Doc won't play any rookies unless he absolutely has to) who can shoot and create their own shots, the Celtics will have a great chance to win #18.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Re: Danny get us back to the Title Parade!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]I think we need to wait 5 years before we're in the hunt for Banner 18 again.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

See Sybil, you've gone ahead and provided the evidence that many of us have been saying about our respective franchises...

Celtics fans are finally coming to accept that the "championship window" has closed and time to rebuild.

Laker fans, on the other hand, expect our team to continue to contend for championship rings. You guys have started a thread about a trade for Bynum. I seem to recall many of you on this site saying the Lakers don't have "any good trade prospects". As we've said, that isn't the case. I'm not saying that the Lakers will make that trade, but a Dwight Howard trade IS a very real possibility. If that happens, even the Miami Big 3 will have to wait on those rings.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Danny get us back to the Title Parade!!!!! : The Celtics had their best chance of winning a championship last year.  It won't happen again until the big 3 retire and the Celtics have adequate cap space to be able to sign new players. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but i don't agree with that.  Many folks would have said that about Dallas last year.  They got swept by the Spurs in the playoffs in 2010.  Then, they won the championship in 2011 with just a couple of additions to their team.   

In addition, just like injuries happen to us, who knows where injuries will show up.  The spurs were really hurt this year by Ginobli's injury.

We aren't done, folks.  We could make moves that keep us in the championship hunt!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]If Danny Ainge can rebuild the Celtics bench and stock it with guys who can play defense and score I believe that Boston has a great chance to win another title with the Big Three. One need only look at two things: the numerous leads that were lost in the 4th quarter and the number of minutes that were being logged by the starters. The Celtics lost so many leads because the starters were exhausted. If Ainge can plug that gaping hole at the 5 and pick up some free agents(Doc won't play any rookies unless he absolutely has to) who can shoot and create their own shots, the Celtics will have a great chance to win #18.
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

Tex, the player/person that the C's missed most last year was Thibodeau. The C's still played good defense last year, but as you correctly stated, the defense in the 4th quarter was a killer and something that Thibs rarely allowed to happen. Yeah, injuries took their toll, but the Thibs defense was what really gave them their identity. They knew they could count on it when he was still in Boston. It was obviously missing last year (and it showed up in Chicago).

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny get us back to the Title Parade!!!!! : See Sybil, you've gone ahead and provided the evidence that many of us have been saying about our respective franchises... Celtics fans are finally coming to accept that the "championship window" has closed and time to rebuild. Laker fans, on the other hand, expect our team to continue to contend for championship rings. You guys have started a thread about a trade for Bynum. I seem to recall many of you on this site saying the Lakers don't have "any good trade prospects". As we've said, that isn't the case. I'm not saying that the Lakers will make that trade, but a Dwight Howard trade IS a very real possibility. If that happens, even the Miami Big 3 will have to wait on those rings.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]
    I am sure that you would like to believe that Laker fans feel that that they will continue to contend but the truth is that as soon as the Dallas Mavericks romped them it was laker fans who first started talking about dismantling the team. I will say that the Lakers should have jumped at the opportunity to rid themselves of that gimpy Bynum to Minnesota.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny get us back to the Title Parade!!!!! : Tex, the player/person that the C's missed most last year was Thibodeau. The C's still played good defense last year, but as you correctly stated, the defense in the 4th quarter was a killer and something that Thibs rarely allowed to happen. Yeah, injuries took their toll, but the Thibs defense was what really gave them their identity. They knew they could count on it when he was still in Boston. It was obviously missing last year (and it showed up in Chicago).
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]
    You of all people should know that it wasn't all defense that got the Celtics #17. I am sure that back in '08 you cursed the screen everytime Boston brought in waves of players that just kept scoring on the Lakers: PJ Brown, Posey, Cassell, Powe (!). The Celtics defense was awesome but so was their depth. this past season, the Celtics defense was not as good as it was then and I do wish that Thibs were still with the team in fact, I wish that he were the one coaching the Celtics. Another reason that Boston's defense was not as good is because KG just hasn't been the same since that knee injury. On top of that, the Celtics core 4 were played way too many minutes because they did not have depth to back them up.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny get us back to the Title Parade!!!!! : When was the last time Kobe and the Lakers won a championship without Phil Jackson?

Back when Pat Riley coached...who had LESS coaching experience than Mike Brown. And he's already had Finals experience.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I do not see Muke Brown in same class as Pat Riley even with more experience Riley was a great motivator and had Magic's complete confidence. I do not see Kobe doing the same.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny get us back to the Title Parade!!!!! : Can't you read? LET ME USE CAPITAL LETTERS SO YOU WOULD SEE CLEARLY.  I SAID, WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME KOBE AND THE LAKERS WON A CHAMPIONSHIP WITHOUT PHIL JACKSON?  DID I SAY WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME THE LAKERS WON A CHAMPIONSHIP WITHOUT PHIL JACKSON?

He suffers from the same condition that you have .... Incomprehensivitis!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny get us back to the Title Parade!!!!! : He suffers from the same condition that you have .... Incomprehensivitis!
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

No wonder Fierce loves to bully you, you're so weak! LOL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny get us back to the Title Parade!!!!! : Can't you read? LET ME USE CAPITAL LETTERS SO YOU WOULD SEE CLEARLY.  I SAID, WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME KOBE AND THE LAKERS WON A CHAMPIONSHIP WITHOUT PHIL JACKSON?  DID I SAY WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME THE LAKERS WON A CHAMPIONSHIP WITHOUT PHIL JACKSON?

When was the last time the doc and wheelchair won a championship without thumper?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny get us back to the Title Parade!!!!! : When was the last time the doc and wheelchair won a championship without thumper?
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

How many NBA finals wins does Mike Brown have?