Danny needs to come out and say he's not trading Rondo for a 31 year old Gasol

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Danny needs to come out and say he's not trading Rondo for a 31 year old Gasol

Rondo would play better,if Danny would quiet that dumb rumor.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Danny needs to come out and say he's not trading Rondo for a 31 year old Gasol

Danny won't do it. He is rarely concerned about the team chemistry or player mental states.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Danny needs to come out and say he's not trading Rondo for a 31 year old Gasol

In Response to Danny needs to come out and say he's not trading Rondo for a 31 year old Gasol:
    [QUOTE]Rondo would play better,if Danny would quiet that dumb rumor.
    Posted by notrade[/QUOTE]DANNY CAN'T SAY THAT, BECAUSE HE IS GOING TO TRADE HIM !!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Danny needs to come out and say he's not trading Rondo for a 31 year old Gasol:
    [QUOTE]Rondo would play better,if Danny would quiet that dumb rumor.
    Posted by notrade[/QUOTE]

BarneyFife would have made a lot more arrests in Mayberry if Sheriff Taylor wasn't always teasing/pulling pranks on him... and messin' with his head.

Same... same with Rondo and DA.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Well, Barney did crack the famous Walker's Drug Store caper.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rondo is playing great for this one game. The problem has not and is not going away. If he continues to shoot and go to the basket and makes some free throw we may be able to keep him.  We don't even know if we will win this game yet.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

In response to "Re: Danny needs to come out and say he's not trading Rondo for a 31 year old Gasol": [QUOTE]This game against the Bulls could be the game that sealed the deal for a Rondo and JO for Pau Gasol trade. I mean Rondo had a triple double! Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE] Against the Rose-less Bulls.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Danny needs to come out and say he's not trading Rondo for a 31 year old Gasol:
    [QUOTE]In response to "Re: Danny needs to come out and say he's not trading Rondo for a 31 year old Gasol": Against the Rose-less Bulls.
    Posted by walk2run[/QUOTE]

True... but the Cs were without their starting 5, JON!

While the Bulls had their X-factors at work, CJWatson and a rook playing PG.

So deal triple-dub R9R, DA, while his stock soars!

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

yes, but in 11 games this year we were without one of our top two players (Pierce & Rondo).......as they say, injuries are a part of the game...if KG doesn't go down in '08/09  the Celts most likely repeat.......they were toying with the league again.......then in '09/10 the Celts head back to LA up 3 games to 2 in the Finals...Perk is lost for the balance in game 6 and we lose a close one on the road in game 7....that's why they play the games...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

In Response to Re: Danny needs to come out and say he's not trading Rondo for a 31 year old Gasol:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny needs to come out and say he's not trading Rondo for a 31 year old Gasol : True... but the Cs were without their starting 5, JON! While the Bulls had their X-factors at work, CJWatson and a rook playing PG. So deal triple-dub R9R, DA, while his stock soars! Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

and lets trade JJ...his stock has never been so high

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Rondo for Gasol kills our cap space... so the point would remain about what subsequent move would be made to get us a decent PG

I like Johnson more than Bass... if Johnson can be 90% that Bass is on the boards and open jumpers than what he makes up for in defensive length and running ability makes up for it

I like Avery over Dooling as long as he keeps you honest with 1-2 J's a game and solid FT shooting.

Could you turn around and trade Bass, Wilcox and Dooling for a PG and maybe lengthy or gritty F who can defend Melo/Deng/LeBron?

Like Jarrett Jack and Trvor Ariza

Devin Harris and Radja Bell

Jose Calderon?

Give me a move like that, esp with all those PG's being 6'3" and able to guard a SG w/ Avery on the PG, would seal the deal for me

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny needs to come out and say he's not trading Rondo for a 31 year old Gasol : and lets trade JJ...his stock has never been so high
    Posted by stillallbost08[/QUOTE]

JJJ is known as "pieces" in a trade.

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]This game against the Bulls could be the game that sealed the deal for a Rondo and JO for Pau Gasol trade. I mean Rondo had a triple double!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Yeah see what I wrote above Fierce

This crew would be dangerous

C - Gasol (36m) Stiemsma (6m) KG (6m)
    PF - KG (24m) Johnson (12m) Ariza (12m)
    SF - Pierce (34m) Ariza (14m)
    SG - Allen (28m) Pietrus (20m)
    PG - Jack (28m) Avery (20m)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny needs to come out and say he's not trading Rondo for a 31 year old Gasol : Yeah see what I wrote above Fierce This crew would be dangerous C - Gasol (36m) Stiemsma (6m) KG (6m) PF - KG (24m) Johnson (12m) Ariza (12m) SF - Pierce (34m) Ariza (14m) SG - Allen (28m) Pietrus (20m) PG - Jack (28m) Avery (20m)
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

JON?  He's still around in your scenario.......but I want him to go to WAS for Blatche.......they are terrible, but probably want to keep McGee and Young, so trading Blatche (who they don't want) for expiring Jermaine will help in that regard.  Besides they will probably get Drummond or Barnes anyway!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny needs to come out and say he's not trading Rondo for a 31 year old Gasol : True... but the Cs were without their starting 5, JON! While the Bulls had their X-factors at work, CJWatson and a rook playing PG. So deal triple-dub R9R, DA, while his stock soars! Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

I do recall RR having some rather impressive stats against Rose in the playoffs before.  I believe he nearly averaged a triple double.  Not sure Rose would have slowed him down much.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny needs to come out and say he's not trading Rondo for a 31 year old Gasol : I do recall RR having some rather impressive stats against Rose in the playoffs before.  I believe he nearly averaged a triple double.  Not sure Rose would have slowed him down much.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

That was Rose's rookie year and Rondo was in his 3rd year and already a champ

Sad part is rondo has barely improved his game since those '09 playoffs and Rose is twice the player he was then

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny needs to come out and say he's not trading Rondo for a 31 year old Gasol : I do recall RR having some rather impressive stats against Rose in the playoffs before.  I believe he nearly averaged a triple double.  Not sure Rose would have slowed him down much.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

With Rose playing, the Bulls have little problems with the Cs today. But hey injuries happen.

Rondo gets impressive stats... yet.... Cs were hanging on by their toenails at crunch time with CPP handling the ball instead of a PG.

Rondo hit some clutch FTs.. to his credit... but missed all 4 FGAs in the 4th qtr.

Pud

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny needs to come out and say he's not trading Rondo for a 31 year old Gasol : JON?  He's still around in your scenario.......but I want him to go to WAS for Blatche.......they are terrible, but probably want to keep McGee and Young, so trading Blatche (who they don't want) for expiring Jermaine will help in that regard.  Besides they will probably get Drummond or Barnes anyway!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

No JO was gone in my scenario

Blatche... ehh seems like he wouldn't be enough up an upgrade to make us a contender this year or justify losing 7 million in cap space each of the next 3 seasons

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo for Gasol kills our cap space... so the point would remain about what subsequent move would be made to get us a decent PG I like Johnson more than Bass... if Johnson can be 90% that Bass is on the boards and open jumpers than what he makes up for in defensive length and running ability makes up for it
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

I absolutely love your comment that you prefer JJJ over Bass.

The best trade for the Celts is JO, Bass and whatever else for Okafor.  Other than that, I don't see any trade that will help this season.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny needs to come out and say he's not trading Rondo for a 31 year old Gasol : I absolutely love your comment that you prefer JJJ over Bass. The best trade for the Celts is JO, Bass and whatever else for Okafor.  Other than that, I don't see any trade that will help this season.
    Posted by prakash[/QUOTE]

I like JON, Bass and Dooling for Kaman!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny needs to come out and say he's not trading Rondo for a 31 year old Gasol : Are you serious? Pau Gasol, the most skilled big man in the NBA, will not help the Celtics this season? Rondo has 1 great game against a Bulls team without Rose and everything is alright with Rondo again?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Yes Fierce, I am serious.  The most skilled big man in NBA, when added to the Celts, will make them the Lakers of the East.  I don't think that the Celts can trade Rondo.  The whole playing system has been built around his best skill.  You just can't absorb that level of change mid-season.  I don't see a way of acquiring a point guard after trading Rondo.  If there was a way, why are the Lakers not all over it?

The idea is to upgrade.  Ok, so upgrade some other major minute players.  JO and Bass.  Find a 5 and play JJJ.  He is not a Bass clone but the Celts can build a more complete and effective system with him over Bass.

25. This post has been removed.