DANNY, Really, Greg Oden ??? I would take BILL WOLTON "AS/IS/today......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

DANNY, Really, Greg Oden ??? I would take BILL WOLTON "AS/IS/today......

If Bill would walk thru that door !!!!!  ODEN has played in 82 games , REALLY !!!  Play Fab Melo and let's get on with it !!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: DANNY, Really, Greg Oden ??? I would take BILL WOLTON

In response to leatherhelmet's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

If Bill would walk thru that door !!!!!  ODEN has played in 82 games , REALLY !!!  Play Fab Melo and let's get on with it !!!

P.S... we did take WALTON when he was a shell of his former self and he hoisted a ring!!!

GoOD CALL , LEATHERMAN.........  One thing, the difference being is that WOLTON had a "BIG HEART"  !!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

P.S... we did take WALTON when he was a shell of his former self and he hoisted a ring!!!

GoOD CALL , LEATHERMAN.........  One thing, the difference being is that WOLTON had a "BIG HEART"  !!!

No one has ever ?? Oden's heart.When he played he showed what could have been. It's his Knees that are in question. Kick the tires, if they don't pop....Ride baby ride!!!!

I hear ya...... Another difference from Wolton..... Oden came in from College going on age 42 +-.......  AKA Big PAPI !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

No one has ever ?? Oden's heart.When he played he showed what could have been. It's his Knees that are in question. Kick the tires, if they don't pop....Ride baby ride!!!!

I hear ya...... Another difference from Wolton..... Oden came in from College going on age 42 +-.......  AKA Big PAPI !!!

Some kind of Celtic fan you are... you cant even spell Bill Walton's name right....lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

I'd be really happy if we got him.  High risk, but high reward.  If he can regain his game and stay healthy, he can be as good as DH -- and a lot less of a cancer.  And if he goes down again, we haven't wasted an extraordinary amount of capital.

Wolton?  Where did you come from?  :-)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Greg Oden has a heart, his body just betrayed him. It's perfectly reasonable for Ainge to have a conversation with him. You really don't get it do you. 

Fab Melo is nowhere near the polished defensive presence Oden is. Fab Melo is raw, like a raw pitching prospect in baseball. Got it? Oden, if healthy, could step in and help a team immediately. 

Bill even if you are right and Oden is older than he claims, maybe it would be a handful of years, he would still be mid-20s. It's not an age thing it's a physical shape thing. 

Just how do you expect the Celts to get better Bill? If you knew anything about the salary cap you would know that the only way to improve an NBA team is to take some chances on guys, go for a value pick. If Greg could play they could get him for cheap and with a big seven footer who can defend you have to at least kick tires. 

Ridiculing Ainge for doing his job and exploring all the options is just ludicrous on your part. 

The Bill Walton joke is tiresome as well as you may not know but Bill's back is beyond repair and he cannot play ball at all. Oden is not in that category - yet. 

I'm not saying Celts should sign Oden but looking into him is good business. 

Your post on the other hand...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Greg Oden has a heart, his body just betrayed him. It's perfectly reasonable for Ainge to have a conversation with him. You really don't get it do you. 

Fab Melo is nowhere near the polished defensive presence Oden is. Fab Melo is raw, like a raw pitching prospect in baseball. Got it? Oden, if healthy, could step in and help a team immediately. 

Bill even if you are right and Oden is older than he claims, maybe it would be a handful of years, he would still be mid-20s. It's not an age thing it's a physical shape thing. 

Just how do you expect the Celts to get better Bill? If you knew anything about the salary cap you would know that the only way to improve an NBA team is to take some chances on guys, go for a value pick. If Greg could play they could get him for cheap and with a big seven footer who can defend you have to at least kick tires. 

Ridiculing Ainge for doing his job and exploring all the options is just ludicrous on your part. 

The Bill Walton joke is tiresome as well as you may not know but Bill's back is beyond repair and he cannot play ball at all. Oden is not in that category - yet. 

I'm not saying Celts should sign Oden but looking into him is good business. 

Your post on the other hand...

i agree 100%

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

Frankly, what's there to lose?  Let Danny deal with this one.  Would make the Celts a real wild card for sure!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Remember guys, signing Oden doesn't mean Oden will play this season. Signing him now only means he can ask for the team's help in his rehab. The earliest Greg Oden can play is next season.

yeah sign him for next season...i would offer him a 2 year deal...1.5mil..each year?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ0QwxWgA9E 

Oh yeah..worth the risk...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ApB_A80NhyU

rejects lebrains...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

...and injured himself in the process?

i hope things will work out for him but i don't see it happen.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Sign him. What else do we have for options?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

We lucked out in 2007 when we traded his pick..... should not temp fate now !!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

We didn't trade Oden pick, we traded Jeff Green that came by the pick.

My feeling is there is less than 20% that Oden can come back and be effective at playing again.  Moreover, he actually has never shown be a good NBA player yet, it was and still is all about potential he showed in college.  Walton at least has shown what he could do when he joined the Celtics.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Traded whose pick?  We never had a chance for him. Do you even follow basketball?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Number6Fan's comment:

Traded whose pick?  We never had a chance for him. Do you even follow basketball?

Yes I do, THANK YOU........  A bad head cold for 3 days, please forgive my loss of grasp here........  Why chase this dream when we have an aging front court to begin with ??  Then you want to play "knee-ball"  !!!  I PASS  !!!