Re: Danny scares me.
posted at 2/27/2011 11:41 PM EST
In Response to Re: Danny scares me.
[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny scares me. : Addressed by bold and italicized, in order: 1. You bring it on yourself with your sarcasm and insults. 2. Wafer is a 2 guard, not a SF. He has never been a defender, just a scorer. NO ONE wanted him this year. If he was that good, how come he was out of the league for a whole year? He is a decent player, but "we are talking about the playoffs" (your words, so you eat them). MeBron would eat Wafer like a Neccowafer - and koME???? Hope that clears it up for you. 3. IF Shaq can stay healthy!! You mean, like Perk? 4. Perhaps you need to read my wonderful dissertation on the difference between a RESTRICTED free agent and an UNrestricted free agent, because clearly you have not done your homework!! 5. OKC moved Green because he was looking for a "big" contract? You mean, like Perk.....................see #4 above!! Your opinion is welcome, even if it differs from everyone else. Your approach needs work. I mean, after all, we are just total strangers, right, so why do you care what we think anyway? Right!!
Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
1) If someone chooses to lower themselves to hurling insults at people then that's on them. I didn't make anyone do anything.
2) I'm not saying Von Wafer (playing out position) is the perfect solution at backup SF. But he's obviously no worse than Daniels. That's all I'm saying. Secondly, it would have been a lot easier to win a title with a hole at the backup SF position than with a hole at the starting center position.
3) No, I don't mean like Perk. Perk is young and has been relatively healthy. Shaq is a guy who is pushing 40 and has a recent history of breaking down.
4) No I guess I didn't "do my homework" I don't know how to say this without it sounding like a dig. But I've got better things to do than conduct research for my posts on a basketball forum. If Jeff Green is a restricted free agent, then that's news to me. But either way, he's a role player. And in order to retain him we are going to have to overpay him.
5) The idea that everyone here disagrees with my opininon is ridiculous. Not only is that clearly not the case, the Celtics are getting ripped nationally. I may be wrong, I may be right. But my opinion is certainly not in the minority. GMs and players around the league are crapping on this deal. I haven't heard anybody in the national media defend this trade.
Secondly, I'm not sure what you mean. Are you implying that I do care what a bunch of strangers think of me? If that's what you want to think, knock yourself out.
Was my post over the top? Probably. But I stand by my points. I don't understand how any Celtic fan can think this trade wasn't a terrible idea. Or be concerned about Danny Ainge's competence. This does not make the Celtics a better TEAM this year.
But I think this has run it's course. I was angry and wanted to vent. I did that. I don't see any point in dragging this argument out any longer