Danny should trade Paul,and build the team around Rondo.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Danny should trade Paul,and build the team around Rondo.

Trade Paul for young talent or for cap relief. Lets Garnett retire and let Ray go next year. Jermaine can go. 

Dont sign Baby or Green or anyone to a contract over a year in the offseason. 

Bulls,Clippers and other teams maybe willing to trade for Paul.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: Danny should trade Paul,and build the team around Rondo.

In Response to Danny should trade Paul,and build the team around Rondo.:
    [QUOTE]Trade Paul for young talent or for cap relief. Lets Garnett retire and let Ray go next year. Jermaine can go.     Dont sign Baby or Green or anyone to a contract over a year in the offseason.    Bulls,Clippers and other teams maybe willing to trade for Paul.
    Posted by notrade[/QUOTE]

KG and Ray have a combined 31 million reasons why they will be here next year.

It really all depends what happens with the new CBA, the league is looking to cut salaries on average by 40%.

J O and Shaq are under contract next year.

The Cs are poised to become the Cavs, just accept it.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

I meant let them play out their final year next year. Danny signed both Oneal,s to 2 year deals, to coincinde with Ray and Garnett,s deals.

Maybe if they are lucky a hard cap comes and allows you to cut guys to get under it ala the Nfl.

I would cut Paul ,since he has 3 more years on his contract. 

I wouldn't cut Ray or Garnett or even Jermaine just to keep Paul.
    Paul would be my first cut,and then Jermaine.and I think Shaq retires.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Not a bad idea. Pierce may be the only one of the big three you might be able to get some talent for.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Danny would never trade Pierce - Ray "only" makes 10 now, so he could help a team for a year......then there is the Rondo dilemma!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Danny should trade Paul,and build the team around Rondo.:
    [QUOTE]Danny would never trade Pierce - Ray "only" makes 10 now, so he could help a team for a year......then there is the Rondo dilemma!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

The new CBA will ensure that none of them are tradeable, there is no Rondo dilemma, I believe I have read here over and over again how his contract was a bargain.  Danny had to have him, there is no part of Danny that will ever essentially publicly admit he was wrong and trade Rondo.  The only way Rondo goes is after Danny leaves and or the new CBA allows the team trading the player is allowed to eat some of the player's salary like in baseball and that is not going to happen.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

There are some teams out there who would want Rondo. Memphis is not crazy about Conley or Mayo, maybe Danny could send them Rondo and some other combination, for those guys!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

This is the same conversation we had last year and the year before that.  My stance remains the same.  This team won 56 games this year, the Heat, Bulls and maybe Knicks/Hawks are the future of the East and aside from getting Dwight Howard, there is really nothing the Celts can do to match those teams.  For those reasons I think you have to "go down with the ship" so to speak with the big three.  With some improved pieces around them, (can we find a legit big man somewhere?) they will still be a team that can win around 50 games and go a round or 2 in the play-offs.  Expecting titles with this group is probably not realistic, but the reality is with the way the league is going, a few super teams and everyone else, this is probably the best they can offer next year.  I don't see who a Pierce trade could get them that makes them better next year.  Of course a lot of this depends on the CBA as well. 

I found it hilarious last year that a team that was in game 7 of the finals was being talked about like they were done after that game and yet this year, they once again have more realistic title hopes than all but a few teams.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE] There are some teams out there who would want Rondo. Memphis is not crazy about Conley or Mayo, maybe Danny could send them Rondo and some other combination, for those guys!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

lmao.... I am not sure you could find 3 gms that would take Rondo ahead of Conley especially at 13 million per year.

The league is looking to cut salaries by 40%, no 4, 40%.  Rondo is already overpaid.  He is an albatross.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny should trade Paul,and build the team around Rondo. : lmao.... I am not sure you could find 3 gms that would take Rondo ahead of Conley especially at 13 million per year. The league is looking to cut salaries by 40%, no 4, 40%.  Rondo is already overpaid.  He is an albatross.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

I actually think in hindsight the best trade this year would have been to ship Rondo in a package to Utah for Williams.  I don't know if the Celts had the pieces to make an offer that Utah liked better than Jersey's offer, but if Rondo/Green/Davis is the future core, I don't think the Heat will be worrying much about Boston for the next 5 years. I don't dislike Rondo the way some do but as far as combining winning now with building toward the future, that would've been nice.

As it stands they have a shot at being roughly the same next year as they were this year and after that it is hard to see how they will compete with the younger, better teams in the East.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny should trade Paul,and build the team around Rondo. : lmao.... I am not sure you could find 3 gms that would take Rondo ahead of Conley especially at 13 million per year. The league is looking to cut salaries by 40%, no 4, 40%.  Rondo is already overpaid.  He is an albatross.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

I agree, but the Grizzlies GM may be one of the three!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE] There are some teams out there who would want Rondo. Memphis is not crazy about Conley or Mayo, maybe Danny could send them Rondo and some other combination, for those guys!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

I agree. Its time to part ways with Rondo, the most overrated PG in the NBA. Who really wants a PG that has no outside shot and cannot shoot FTs? He does some things very well, I will admit, but to be an elite PG you have to do most things very well. He has had long enough to improve his weaknesses, but he hasn't done it and never will. Time to jettison him and get someone who is better.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

ARE YOU SURE HE KNOWS HOW TO BUILD A TEAM?????? Some
    excellent players have been traded over the last 2 yrs. and certainly
    has hurt the C's. Especially Allen and Perkins. Perk filled the whole and
    Tony added that spark of energy when needed.
    Good luck C's, shock the world!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

[QUOTE]Trade Paul for young talent or for cap relief. Lets Garnett retire and let Ray go next year. Jermaine can go.     Dont sign Baby or Green or anyone to a contract over a year in the offseason.    Bulls,Clippers and other teams maybe willing to trade for Paul.

In an earlier thread that was virtually ignored by everyone except the venerable Rico, I presented the radical idea of trading Pierce, Rondo, BB, Green, Krystic for Granger, Collison, Mcroberts, Hansborough, AK47 (with preferably their 1st 1st rd. pick). I believe that it is a relatively equal distribution of talent, experience and youth. Rico scoffed at the idea, alluding to a lack of interest in our Cap'n
    seasoned talent. However, here's my take on each component of this blockbuster deal.

Rondo/Granger- would be the centerpiece & a basic wash in age & talent levels. Plus, if Bird stays he has always admired the unique talents of Rondo & could be the only possible person to tweek his off center shooting style.

Pierce/AK47-Pierce is obviously better (sorry Rico) but AK47 brings much to the table and the 1st rounder would sweeten the deal making it a virtual wash. Similar age & salary also plays a part.

Collison/Green- Similar age & talent levels. Both would be replacing other parts that would be needed if this went thru.

BB/Hanborough- again similar talent and age levels. I think Hansborough is slightly more athletic with a better motor & mental makeup(sorry seed). Also Larry's presence might stir BB to get in better shape and reach his full potential.

Krystic/McRoberts- Basically throw ins that bring slightly different games and while McRoberts is younger than Krystic( age 28, again sorry Rico) doesn't quite qualify him for Medicare.

In summary, I would like this proposal because I do feel it would slightly improve the C's but can see where parts of the deal or its totality would be unpalatable to some or most fans. Scoff or ignore this blockbuster but at least it is bold and has the C's interest at its center.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Sorry no trade this clown tomobe seems to kill almost every thread that others begin; his ideas are either too subversive or too commonsensical; I wince everytime I see him contribute to my thread and I wind up turning off my computer because the thread is destined to die on the vine..Oh well

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

Yeah, lets build the team around a tempermental arrogant PG who can't score, shoot or hit free throws. And trade the face of the franchise for pennies on the dollar.

The sad thing is, Danny might be stupid/crazy enough to do this.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tony-50. Show Tony-50's posts

Do we really want Rondo around next year? There are too many point guards who are better.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRADinLA. Show BRADinLA's posts

Rondo is not the problem.  He's a special talent.  No way they trade him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

perhaps danny should trade this original poster to a different team. win or lose, we keep the big 4 together, give green a full pre-season and hope that jo comes back as a back  up. we just need to find a real center. nen is not the answer. he is an even worse virgin nof semih erden. frankly i will hope that danny NOT re-sign baby. he has clearly reached his ceiling! unless he grown 3 to 4 inches in the off-season, not worth it. i would bring back delonte as well on a minimum deal since he knows the system and has skills you cant get off the street. i also like avery bradley, he should get more of a run next year. he's quick and very athletic and can a defensive stopper. frankly, i would put him on the playoff roster OVER arroyo. he could have helped out on wade in game 1 when rr was hurt. so we have EIGHT guys who should all come back. we need SEVEN more new bodies. thats enough. no need to throw out the babay with the bathwater!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from richardkc. Show richardkc's posts

that albatros ( rondo ) will be a hero this year! celtics will beat miami..trust me..  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

This age thing is really overrated..  PP was a stud vs the KNicks,,, now hes old. Ray has lit up the post season but had a bad game 2 against the Heat...now hes old too... ditto KG

Look at Pau Gasol, who I consider the real heart & soul of the Lakers... hes have a bad stretch and getting booed in LA... short sighted fans imo

This team can still win this year and next.. after that, there will be a big change...we all know that

As far as building the new Celtics around ROndo... Im just not sure. My gut tells me no. TOo inconsistent.... when one aspect of your game is suffering, real stars can contribute in many other ways... 

If PPs shot isnt falling, he can still draw fouls & play tough defense..

IF Ray isnt hitting he still commands respect and can be a decoy, stretches the defense...  he can play tough 1on1 D on most...

If KG isnt getting to the boards... he can still drain jumpers, set picks, play great team defense

If Rondo isnt aggressive & creating shots for teammates...what does he fall back on??  Not much of a shot, even drawing fouls (which is rare) shooting 50% FT's, doesnt play tough man on man defense

So to build a team around someone, they have to either be absolutely dominant at something or have a strong, well rounded game to contribute meaningfully in other areas..

Setting aside the old guys, nobody on the C's fits the mold imo

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

I agree, and I believe Ainge gets it too. Rondo is no cornerstone and never will be, sometimes he's amazing, other times he's a moody dud.
    After the big 3 it's time for tabula rasa.

[QUOTE]This age thing is really overrated..  PP was a stud vs the KNicks,,, now hes old. Ray has lit up the post season but had a bad game 2 against the Heat...now hes old too... ditto KG Look at Pau Gasol, who I consider the real heart & soul of the Lakers... hes have a bad stretch and getting booed in LA... short sighted fans imo This team can still win this year and next.. after that, there will be a big change...we all know that As far as building the new Celtics around ROndo... Im just not sure. My gut tells me no. TOo inconsistent.... when one aspect of your game is suffering, real stars can contribute in many other ways...  If PPs shot isnt falling, he can still draw fouls & play tough defense.. IF Ray isnt hitting he still commands respect and can be a decoy, stretches the defense...  he can play tough 1on1 D on most... If KG isnt getting to the boards... he can still drain jumpers, set picks, play great team defense If Rondo isnt aggressive & creating shots for teammates...what does he fall back on??  Not much of a shot, even drawing fouls (which is rare) shooting 50% FT's, doesnt play tough man on man defense So to build a team around someone, they have to either be absolutely dominant at something or have a strong, well rounded game to contribute meaningfully in other areas.. Setting aside the old guys, nobody on the C's fits the mold imo
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]that albatros ( rondo ) will be a hero this year! celtics will beat miami..trust me..  
    Posted by richardkc[/QUOTE]

Trust you?

I'm tryin' fella but.....

What happened to this 4/27 prediction of yours about the C's-Heat series???

richardkc sez: "boston will win the series in 5 games! trust me! "

Pud

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from clappy. Show clappy's posts

Definitely time to break up the team and get as much as you can for the older players. Keep Rondo, Baby, Green--let Garnett play out his contract, trade Ray to a contender who needs a shooter, not sure what to do about Paul...prob let him retire as a Celtic.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

[QUOTE]Definitely time to break up the team and get as much as you can for the older players. Keep Rondo, Baby, Green--let Garnett play out his contract, trade Ray to a contender who needs a shooter, not sure what to do about Paul...prob let him retire as a Celtic.
    Posted by clappy[/QUOTE]

I don't see why we would want to keep Baby. He is normally overmatched and is so on and off. 

Keep Rondo. Hope Jeff doesn't want a big deal which he likely won't. Let Garnett play out. People forget that Ray has an opt out so we will see what happens there. I could easily just see this entire team retunring and us getting younger at some spots we just won't be a title favorite.