Danny you forgot to bring in a good big

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Danny you forgot to bring in a good big

Wilcox will be a contributor and that is good news but Jason Collins and Darko who knows.

Jason Collins is an old center with limitations even when he was young,  and Darko is limited by a serious wrist injury.  Danny forgot to consider KG would need help from someone with talent. Drafting Melo now appears to have been just plain dumb. Considering he will not be able to help KG.

Other than spot fouls Jason Collins will do nothing.  KG must have thought DA would get him some more help than this.  It is not fair to KG as he will be more vulnerable to injury than ever.

This team is going to struggle by Jan. things could be out of hand.  We are losing now to B and C teams not A teams.  

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Danny you forgot to bring in a good big

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That's because Ainge spent all the available money on KG.

Ainge did the right thing. If Ainge went after Hibbert or Brook Lopez, that would have meant losing KG and Terry.

[/QUOTE]

I am a broken record.  I am aware of all the things you mention and agree.  I am just upset that we are in the position we are in.  We do as we discussed yesterday have an chance to deal in Jan. and hopefully we will not be out of it. Bradley comes back the dynamics of this team can change dramatically.  We get a big man who can help KG at that point we could be right there like last year.  Right now it is just hard to take as we could easily be 2-5 on Tuesday.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

How do you predict a wrist injury..really..if its that easy, or are you saying that the wrist injury was prior to signing? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How do you predict a wrist injury..really..if its that easy, or are you saying that the wrist injury was prior to signing? 

[/QUOTE]
    I don't know if they knew or didn't Darko was worth giving it a try.
    I am saying they better do something about it now,  that we have brought in someone as  useless o Jason Collins is a serious threat to KG's health this year. KG needs a big man who can play twenty five minutes or so to go with his minutes..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Kg is playing right around 28-30 minuts a game at center. Play wilcox the other 18-20 minutes and we are fine. The problem is when we dont have a legit big man, we are getting killed. Doc has run the sully,bbass,jgreen front line every game, and teams have destroyed us. Id even like to see darko and collins pick up 5 minutes each. But we have to have a center  in at ALL TIMES.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Ortiz123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    I don't know if they knew or didn't Darko was worth giving it a try.
    I am saying they better do something about it now,  that we have brought in someone as  useless o Jason Collins is a serious threat to KG's health this year. KG needs a big man who can play twenty five minutes or so to go with his minutes..

[/QUOTE]

well, maybe wilcox will be able to do that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to gman101019's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kg is playing right around 28-30 minuts a game at center. Play wilcox the other 18-20 minutes and we are fine. The problem is when we dont have a legit big man, we are getting killed. Doc has run the sully,bbass,jgreen front line every game, and teams have destroyed us. Id even like to see darko and collins pick up 5 minutes each. But we have to have a center  in at ALL TIMES.

[/QUOTE]

That is my point we need someone who can play 25 minutes a night with KG and when he is not in there or we will get killed as we have been.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Once January hits and Bradley comes back, Lee and Barbosa, are expendable maybe one of those guys and a pick gets the Celtics a servicable big.

I agree they are awfully weak there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Once January hits and Bradley comes back, Lee and Barbosa, are expendable maybe one of those guys and a pick gets the Celtics a servicable big.

I agree they are awfully weak there.

[/QUOTE]

I said that many many times...... No bull and fight no bull ring!  until then....all bull

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbostonceltics. Show bigbostonceltics's posts

trade for al jefferson now!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Last  time I looked, Kmart was available.

Probably some chemistry issues, maybe a gamble  on his year round health, but he's big and

available

Got the feeling DA  is hesitant this early on to make any moves, but Kmart is available  (did I already say that?).

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Guys, we don't need another big who's just a role player. Brandon Bass is good enough if just want a role player.

What the Celtics need is another scorer, another star.

Josh Smith, Al Jefferson, and maybe Amare are the type of players the Celts are looking for.

Stars win in the NBA because the NBA is a league of stars. It's a fact that star players get star treatment from the refs.

Rondo is playing very well this season. But KG and Pierce are no longer elite players. If the Celts are to have a chance at making it back to the Finals, Ainge needs to add star power. 

Not sure if DA can bring  enough pieces to the table  to get a star.  If he can, would probably have to be for a player in  the last year of a contract who wants to opt out.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

................another star you said fierce?

Is Powe a star? Baby a star? Perkins a star? Brown a star? - you need a type of player that are committed-hungry & willing to bang and intimidate the board. Just study the celtics championship history. You were wrong on Lee and Terry (i called it TOM & JERRY), you told everyone an upgrade from Ray.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbostonceltics. Show bigbostonceltics's posts

getting lee and terry was a good move however,if we want to win right now we have to give up a lot right now.if we want to build for the future then thats different.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]

Guys, we don't need another big who's just a role player. Brandon Bass is good enough if just want a role player.

What the Celtics need is another scorer, another star.

Josh Smith, Al Jefferson, and maybe Amare are the type of players the Celts are looking for.

Stars win in the NBA because the NBA is a league of stars. It's a fact that star players get star treatment from the refs.

Rondo is playing very well this season. But KG and Pierce are no longer elite players. If the Celts are to have a chance at making it back to the Finals, Ainge needs to add star power. 

[/QUOTE]

Bass can't rebound.  Garnett is an okay rebounder.  No one else rebounds at all.  When I say servicable big I am talking a guy who bangs and grabs boards.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

82 game season.

there was no other big man Ainge could have gotten with the money the team spent ,with the exception of Blatche ( and hes' not exactly setting the world on fire and Brooklyn).

they are going to keep Garnetts mon around 2400 for the season, so the team needs to find aboout 1500 other mins from soemone on the roster at Center (read NOT Bass or Sullinger).

Milicic has only averaged playing in about  45 games a year recently,so him having "injuries" is nothing new. even so he can still be expected to play around 500 min.

Collins has played an average of about 35 games a year in the past 3 season with about 300 min being his ceiling.

Melo always has been a long term project, but should be getting some monutes the second half of the year to the tune of 200-300.

That leaves 500 min that Wilcox can easily step into if needed.

seems to me the biggest problem has been that Collins hasn't been getting into games with Milicic injured and Melo not ready.

Doc need to give him sime minutes early here until the other backus are ready to play, or just go ahead and cut him and bring and let Melo play 5-10 minutes before he's ready.

I really don't see a savior center out there in a trade.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to kdp59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

82 game season.

I really don't see a savior center out there in a trade.

[/QUOTE]

The Celts don't need a Center, KG is the Center.

What the Celts need is an upgrade over Bass at PF.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

I was optimistic about Sully but at this point I don't think he is going to be ready this year.  KG is one of the top centers in the NBA.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Snake, I am not quite ready to give up on Sully. He is just trying to find his way. He is too smart a player to not have some type impact.  It may take some games but I think he will come around.

Unless we are going to call Wilcox the center we need,  then yes we could use a center as well. If KG plays the 28 minutes a game Doc wants then we have a 20 minute void there.  This iis where Doc has gone with his small ball lineup.   Not sure what center would fit us right now but even if he was really good, and say could play 30 minutes a game,  I don't think Doc would mind sliding KG to the PF for a few minutes a game.  Bottom line is we need a rebounder\defensive player inside whether its a center or a PF.