Danny,TRADE RONDO for a "BIG" and go from there.........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Danny,TRADE RONDO for a "BIG" and go from there.........

New coach with youth and #'s of draft picks in front of us......   In todays NBA, we are not that many moves away.....  Get the BIG to go with the youth and charge on !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

Re: Danny,TRADE RONDO for a

Couldn't agree with you more.  Our backcourt is coming together, AB and Crawf are playing off each other.  These two will be fine until the draft/free agency.  Green/Sully same same.  Both are playing fantastic with each other.  We've also got depth, coaching..some chemistry brewing. 

I think a quality big man would be like adding the cherry on the top.  Pack up Rondo and bring in a Center.  If things don't work out, we've still got a handful of first-round picks to burn..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I think we should try a 3 guard rotation.  Start rondo and ab, then bring craw off the bench and tell him to shoot.  As soon as it looks like there's not enough firepower, bring in craw.

I think we should at least try it before we let him go.  I think you'll find other players (esp green) do better with rondo on the floor.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think we should try a 3 guard rotation.  Start rondo and ab, then bring craw off the bench and tell him to shoot.  As soon as it looks like there's not enough firepower, bring in craw.

I think we should at least try it before we let him go.  I think you'll find other players (esp green) do better with rondo on the floor.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed ... s/b able to resign both Craw and AB for a combined $12MM. Trade Lee and develop Brooks or trade Brooks and keep Lee.

How bout Lee for Smith, Morrow & Miller (Pelicans)?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stackgtr. Show stackgtr's posts

Ab and Jcraw play good together but in the playoffs it becomes a halfcourt games and teams will press them to challenge their ball handling and decision making. Which both are questionable for both of them with Jcraw having the slight edge in both categories but neither is he good enough to play the point deep into the play offs, so thinking we could be successful, i.e win a ring, with an elite big and/or a good SF with these two leading the point is absolutely wrong.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Our frontcourt is short and slow, play their guts out, but wilts against teams with a big and talented frontcourt....they go nowhere without a real NBA frontcourt...hussle is great, but hussle and talent gets it done....

[/QUOTE]

Short and slow?  Nah.  Crawford is 6'4 (above average for a PG).  Both are fast, and destroying your nameless big and talenteds..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Frontcourt, not backcourt.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to stackgtr's comment:

Ab and Jcraw play good together but in the playoffs it becomes a halfcourt games and teams will press them to challenge their ball handling and decision making. Which both are questionable for both of them with Jcraw having the slight edge in both categories but neither is he good enough to play the point deep into the play offs, so thinking we could be successful, i.e win a ring, with an elite big and/or a good SF with these two leading the point is absolutely wrong.

Regular season 4th quarters  also are halfcourt games.... and Craw and AB seem to do just fine playing together at crunch time... at least so far.

Craw also spreads the floor... keeping passing lanes open.... a HUGE improvement over 5 on 4 Rondo-ball.

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

honestly, i dont like ab's shot selection at times. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Either for very good big or the draft choice that gets you Parker.Crawford at point.  Lets see what Pressey and Brooks can do.together.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

OK with me...but WHAT big can be had for Rondo?

THAT is a bigger question., isn't it?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Our bigs are fine, just need experience and reffs need to get off their backs.  Rondo for what big.  Rondo is an allstar and we have several first round choices and good young talent. Rondo at the point and Crawford and Bradley at the 2 is worth looking at before we trade Rondo.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:
    [QUOTE]

honestly, i dont like ab's shot selection at times. 

[/QUOTE]

He is quick to pull the trigger and toooo early in the clock at times, but his shooting has improved and a little better shot selection and the guy just might work out.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to romneywins' comment:

Our bigs are fine, just need experience and reffs need to get off their backs.  Rondo for what big.  Rondo is an allstar and we have several first round choices and good young talent. Rondo at the point and Crawford and Bradley at the 2 is worth looking at before we trade Rondo.

But you're not factoring in the fact that both AB and JC will be restricted FAs at the end of the season.

If the Celts keep Rondo, AB, and JC, the Celts would be spending half of their cap space for 3 small good guards.

[/QUOTE]  I don't see us keeping all three. If you had to guess, which one do you think goes?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't see us keeping all three. If you had to guess, which one do you think goes?

[/QUOTE]

Rondo or Bradley.

[/QUOTE]

Rondo, if someone is willing to take his salary.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]

Brad Stevens' system is reliant on open 3-point shots.

That's the reason why Sully is taking 3s this season.

According to Stevens, you should not pass up on an open in rhythm 3-point shot.

If Rondo is to succeed in Stevens' system, Rondo should become a better 3-point shooter.

The ball movement gets screwed up if you're a guard or a wing player and you pass up an open 3-point shot.

[/QUOTE]  That's why i think Rondo will be the one gone. Bradley just turned 23 and is only going to get better. Rondo is probably as good as he is going to be at this point in has career. Plus i think we could get more for Rondo at this time, and it will cost us less to keep AB.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

And this from Fungus's favorite sports news source just two days ago;

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1880885-whats-boston-celtics-ceiling-with-a-healthy-rajon-rondo

These Celtics, these current Rondo-less Celtics, are buying what coach Brad Stevens is preaching. Rondo himself is doing the same.

"Me and Brad have become best friends," Rondo said in October, per Boston.com's Gary Dzen. "We talk every day, we laugh and joke. We just had dinner the other night. I'm going to help him, he's going to help me."

Wait, it gets better. Less funny, more serious; less split-a-milkshake, more watch-out-everyone.

"He has my full support," Rondo continued. "I told him from Day 1 when he came to my camp that I'm behind him 100 percent. Whatever he wants to do, whatever he wants to change, I have an open mind. I'm ready to listen and to be accountable for what he wants to do."

Now this just isn't fair. An engaged, never-easy-to-coach Rondo is developing a deep-rooted rapport with his young head coach? Blasphemy.

But it's happening. A pleased Rondo will inevitably rejoin the Celtics, making an already surprising team—an already playoff-bound team—even better.

and more from this report  ...

http://nesn.com/2013/10/rajon-rondo-brad-stevens-working-together-to-lay-foundation-for-celtics-long-term-success/

Both men are working to dispel some misconceptions of Rondo in their own way. Stevens approached Rondo without any preconceived notions, unlike most of the people Rondo believes he meets. Rondo has said all the right things about accepting his new coach’s style and easing the rookie coach’s transition to the NBA. What Rondo has to like most is that, while Stevens’ system will differ from the one the Celtics ran under Doc Rivers, Stevens says he will not ask Rondo to do much adjusting. “He won’t have any problem assimilating with how we’re trying to play because a lot of it is based on his strengths,” Stevens said. “I’ve watched him a ton, met with him a ton. When you have a guy of his caliber, you try your best to fit to him. He doesn’t need to fit to how I played in the past.”

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/10/rajon-rondo-brad-stevens-working-together-to-lay-foundation-for-celtics-long-term-success/ Both men are working to dispel some misconceptions of Rondo in their own way. Stevens approached Rondo without any preconceived notions, unlike most of the people Rondo believes he meets. Rondo has said all the right things about accepting his new coach’s style and easing the rookie coach’s transition to the NBA. What Rondo has to like most is that, while Stevens’ system will differ from the one the Celtics ran under Doc Rivers, Stevens says he will not ask Rondo to do much adjusting. “He won’t have any problem assimilating with how we’re trying to play because a lot of it is based on his strengths,” Stevens said. “I’ve watched him a ton, met with him a ton. When you have a guy of his caliber, you try your best to fit to him. He doesn’t need to fit to how I played in the past.”

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/10/rajon-rondo-brad-stevens-working-together-to-lay-foundation-for-celtics-long-term-success/

They text daily. Stevens floods Rondo’s email with links to YouTube videos he thinks he should watch and has recommended books for Rondo to read. Both men are working to dispel some misconceptions of Rondo in their own way. Stevens approached Rondo without any preconceived notions, unlike most of the people Rondo believes he meets. Rondo has said all the right things about accepting his new coach’s style and easing the rookie coach’s transition to the NBA. What Rondo has to like most is that, while Stevens’ system will differ from the one the Celtics ran under Doc Rivers, Stevens says he will not ask Rondo to do much adjusting. “He won’t have any problem assimilating with how we’re trying to play because a lot of it is based on his strengths,” Stevens said. “I’ve watched him a ton, met with him a ton. When you have a guy of his caliber, you try your best to fit to him. He doesn’t need to fit to how I played in the past.”

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/10/rajon-rondo-brad-stevens-working-together-to-lay-foundation-for-celtics-long-term-success/

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

You do realize Rondo has no trade value until he gets onto the floor for a while and shows he can still play, right?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You do realize Rondo has no trade value until he gets onto the floor for a while and shows he can still play, right?

[/QUOTE]

Right ... I don't get "Plus i think we could get more for Rondo at this time, and it will cost us less to keep AB."

The AB part makes sense but where's the value in trading an unproven Rondo now?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Right ... I don't get "Plus i think we could get more for Rondo at this time, and it will cost us less to keep AB."

The AB part makes sense but where's the value in trading an unproven Rondo now?

as low as brandon knight's value