Danny,TRADE RONDO for a "BIG" and go from there.........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Danny,TRADE RONDO for a

Rondos only value is in a TRADE........ Between now & Feb., Danny must move him for some sort of "long term BIG"  !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

I need to see what Rondo can do in the Brad Stevens system. I think there's a connection there that cannot be ignored. You're going to have two extremely high BBIQ minds essentially running the Celtics. I'll admit, I'm a huge Rondo fan. When Rondo plays on TNT he plays like a top-10 player in the league. Problem is he doesn't bring it every night. Maybe Brad can get that out of him.

The Celtics do need a legit center. Embiid would be the primary target (man is he really fun to watch). I can't understand why he doesn't get more minutes, nevermind he doesn't start. As some people have stated on here, he might be playing himself into the number 1 spot. It depends how the lottery goes, but I could see him leap-frogging Wiggins, Parker, Randle, and Smart on draft night.

What's nice for DA, wonder if he knew if it would play out like this, the Celtics actually have a lot of attractive trade pieces. Crawford has played much better than anyone thought he could. He's still a bargain and is only 25. Avery Bradley might be transforming into a nice two-way player. Hump is an expiring thats playing hard and is crashing the boards. Courtney Lee is a great 3's and D wing player. Bass is one of the few people that can contain LeBron and Melo, and he's a stretch four.

DA has something up his sleeve. Can't wait to see it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Do you guys remember there were posts about an even up swap for Rondo---Gasol a year or two ago ? Would you do it now ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to BiggerThanMyBrady's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I need to see what Rondo can do in the Brad Stevens system. I think there's a connection there that cannot be ignored. You're going to have two extremely high BBIQ minds essentially running the Celtics. I'll admit, I'm a huge Rondo fan. When Rondo plays on TNT he plays like a top-10 player in the league. Problem is he doesn't bring it every night. Maybe Brad can get that out of him.

The Celtics do need a legit center. Embiid would be the primary target (man is he really fun to watch). I can't understand why he doesn't get more minutes, nevermind he doesn't start. As some people have stated on here, he might be playing himself into the number 1 spot. It depends how the lottery goes, but I could see him leap-frogging Wiggins, Parker, Randle, and Smart on draft night.

What's nice for DA, wonder if he knew if it would play out like this, the Celtics actually have a lot of attractive trade pieces. Crawford has played much better than anyone thought he could. He's still a bargain and is only 25. Avery Bradley might be transforming into a nice two-way player. Hump is an expiring thats playing hard and is crashing the boards. Courtney Lee is a great 3's and D wing player. Bass is one of the few people that can contain LeBron and Melo, and he's a stretch four.

DA has something up his sleeve. Can't wait to see it.

[/QUOTE]Well stated ......  Speaking of Crawford, watching him run the TEAM & SCORE from all over is what is driving my point to move RONDO...... As good as Rondo is, ya can't have a point guard that can't hit JUMPERS (no need to guard him) and shoot less than 80% from the foul line !!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

New coach with youth and #'s of draft picks in front of us......   In todays NBA, we are not that many moves away.....  Get the BIG to go with the youth and charge on !!!

I'm sure there are plenty of great young bigs available.

I'm even more certain that there are teams just lining up to bid on a PG that can't shoot, is injury prone, and in his late 20s.

While we're at it, why don't we package Humphries, Lee, and Bass for a stud #3 forward and an unprotected #1 pick? What GM would say "no" to that deal?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nobody in C's management is going to go around saying "Oh ,Rondo? Sure we want to dump him because he's an uncoachable headcase!!!" They won't ever5 talk down their biggest bfranchise asset.

First, he needs to show the C's his leg is as good as it was and that he can flat out play the way he used to...Second, if that's established then he has to see if he can play with this group of guys...THEN, if he's decent, and if there's interest, DA will do what's in the best long term interest of the franchise...it could mean keeping him, it could be moving him...it's unknowable until he can prove he can go...

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  Furthermore, there has to be a team that could use him.........know of any?

Eliminate about 1/2 the teams in the league who already have a good PG.....throw in that Bledsoe will be UFA at season's end.......and now we need to find a place for a pass-first-can't-shoot  PG!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

The only.........and I mean ONLY viable trade I can see right now, with no injuries, would be Rondo straight up for Granger.

We have to realize a couple of things here:

1.  IND has no 1st round pick to include in the deal

2. We have to admit neither one is part of the future........but

3.  Granger comes off the books this year, Rondo next.

I thought about Rondo to CHI, but what do they do next year?

Of course, if anyone gets injured, all bets are off.

Rondo to Utah for Biedrins and Haywood works....but they are terrible, and own  2 picks like we do!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The only.........and I mean ONLY viable trade I can see right now, with no injuries, would be Rondo straight up for Granger.

We have to realize a couple of things here:

1.  IND has no 1st round pick to include in the deal

2. We have to admit neither one is part of the future........but

3.  Granger comes off the books this year, Rondo next.

I thought about Rondo to CHI, but what do they do next year?

Of course, if anyone gets injured, all bets are off.

Rondo to Utah for Biedrins and Haywood works....but they are terrible, and own  2 picks like we do!

[/QUOTE]

When in doubt do nothing...they don't have to make a panic move...they have mucho picks and some good $$$ coming off the payroll next year...hold Rondo, and even Wallace, until the right opportunity presents itself....do nothing...someone, some lame GM, will have to fill an injury hole or they'll panic and force a move, and we'll get rid of the personnel detritus on our squad and that will be that...DA's work is never finished...the C's dont' seem to be in any rush of any kind...

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  Also agree it's more important to move Wallace than Rondo at this point.  He gives us nothing.

What is your Bradley/Crawford opinion?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

I like the Bradley/Crawford pairing...they can ball...I'd love to see them with a REAL NBA frontcourt to see what the team could do...they compliment each other well...AB can get free for open J's because Crawford hits the deep outside shots so well when he's hot...they have to cover him and AB is so fast and shoots so quickly it's hard to cover both...

[/QUOTE]

Excellent - so you are in favor of keeping both of them? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I like the Bradley/Crawford pairing...they can ball...I'd love to see them with a REAL NBA frontcourt to see what the team could do...they compliment each other well...AB can get free for open J's because Crawford hits the deep outside shots so well when he's hot...they have to cover him and AB is so fast and shoots so quickly it's hard to cover both...

[/QUOTE]

Excellent - so you are in favor of keeping both of them? 

[/QUOTE]

Mels right about the chemistry ... you have to keep both, you don't find that too often. $12MM for both isn't too much ... We may not see Rondo here under a max contract so Fungus is wrong with his $30MM backcourt talk ... he's putting the cart before the horse as usual.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

The honest answer is two fold.

1. No decision should be made until Rondo returns from injury and plays out a few months or ~ 30 games. That will be a good sample size to judge the dynamic of the team with Rondo.

Realistically, any good team needs four solid guards. Rondo, AB, Crawford and Lee are those guards. The best part is that any combination on the floor will work, perhaps.

2. If Rondo is expendable for a big, you need the right big. Asik is not the right big when the chip you're trading is Rondo. You need a Boogie Cousins type big. Drummond. Maybe you get a deal on Sanders hoping he gets out of his slump next year.