D'antoni is going to be fired or bought out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

D'antoni is going to be fired or bought out

I saw this last night and wondered has anyone else heard this.  It is unprecedented to sign two coaches to long term contracts and fire both before the All Star break.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

Re: D'antoni is going to be fired or bought out

I think you read it wrong-I saw the exact opposite.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

VERY HIGHLY unlikely that he will be fired and/or bought out.  They can't afford it and the last thing they need is for Nash to lose his desire to play or request a trade as a result.   

The Lakers will try to change players that fit into D'Antoni's system.  Its no secret that Gasol will be moved.   Howard, however, has been a bothersome enigma for them that they need to keep him happy, healthy and productive .  The Lakers, more than any other team, have always been committed to the belief that quality centers win Championships.  

In addition to the dysfunction betwen players and D'Antoni's sysem, I believe their failure has been primarily due to bad team chemistry and resulting lack of mental resolve and commitment.  Sort of like what the Celtics are dealing with right now...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

VERY HIGHLY unlikely that he will be fired and/or bought out.  They can't afford it and the last thing they need is for Nash to lose his desire to play or request a trade as a result.   

The Lakers will try to change players that fit into D'Antoni's system.  Its no secret that Gasol will be moved.   Howard, however, has been a bothersome enigma for them that they need to keep him happy, healthy and productive .  The Lakers, more than any other team, have always been committed to the belief that quality centers win Championships.  

In addition to the dysfunction betwen players and D'Antoni's sysem, I believe their failure has been primarily due to bad team chemistry and resulting lack of mental resolve and commitment.  Sort of like what the Celtics are dealing with right now...

I saw it on a chyron on comcast sport last night.  I did not misread it.  I asked because as you both pointed out it makes no sense.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Despite all the struggles in LA the messy Lakers are sticking with Mike D'Antoni and Dwight Howard
    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/lawrence-lakers-sticking-antoni-howard-article-1.1248569#ixzz2JCWpJz5Z

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Despite all the struggles in LA the messy Lakers are sticking with Mike D'Antoni and Dwight Howard
    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/lawrence-lakers-sticking-antoni-howard-article-1.1248569#ixzz2JCWpJz5Z

They should...not doing so would show they are inept.