Darko admit's he left because of Doc

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Darko admit's he left because of Doc

In response to runrunandrun's comment:

Ainge has finally admitted Darko left the C's because Doc wouldn't play him.  Danny also stated Darko played fantastic in the preseason.

Why does Doc sit his only true center?  Boston was the worst rebounding team in the NBA last year and Doc still sat Darko.

In the playoffs Doc sat his two centers Wilcox/Randolph the whole series? Why?

Funny thing was Boston would have probably beaten NY if Doc had played Wilcox or Randolph extended minutes.

There are a allot of good centers available in the upcoming draft, mark my word Doc and Danny will not take one.Insted taking the best athlete as they like to say.

For the record, I stated the C's were a 500 team this year and would loose in the first round of the playoffs. Sadly I was right and Boston is out of the playoffs taking their 70 point a game with them.

Time for Danny and Doc to retire. Bring back the old fast breaking C's we all grew up with.

Take care Run

Not surprising but its something we already knew..  DA is as guilty as anyone for allowing Doc to play pretend coach and tinker with the team. 

Not complicated stuff..we get killed on the boards, KG is older and cant put in 40 mins a game, so Doc either sits or alienates all those that could contribute and give KG a rest without us losing 10pts off the score...  and people so brainwashed and cross eyed, they really believe the hype about Doc imo

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Ainge has finally admitted Darko left the C's because Doc wouldn't play him.  Danny also stated Darko played fantastic in the preseason.

Why does Doc sit his only true center?  Boston was the worst rebounding team in the NBA last year and Doc still sat Darko.

In the playoffs Doc sat his two centers Wilcox/Randolph the whole series? Why?

Funny thing was Boston would have probably beaten NY if Doc had played Wilcox or Randolph extended minutes.

There are a allot of good centers available in the upcoming draft, mark my word Doc and Danny will not take one.Insted taking the best athlete as they like to say.

For the record, I stated the C's were a 500 team this year and would loose in the first round of the playoffs. Sadly I was right and Boston is out of the playoffs taking their 70 point a game with them.

Time for Danny and Doc to retire. Bring back the old fast breaking C's we all grew up with.

Take care Run

When Rondo went down, I said the Celtics would  miss the playoffs. I was wrong.

With the current lineup, there was absolutely no way the C's were going to beat the Knicks in a seven-game series, no matter who played and who didn't.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Honestly, this reveals more about Darko than Doc. Darko really had that little patience to stay for what? a quarter of a season? He absoultey would have gotten minutes if he had committed himself to a full year. What a loser.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Honestly, this reveals more about Darko than Doc. Darko really had that little patience to stay for what? a quarter of a season? He absoultey would have gotten minutes if he had committed himself to a full year. What a loser.

I agree 100% with this post.................Doc would have had no choice but to play him later on.  And if he proved himself, he would get even more mins..............Darko is to blame here as much as Doc.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

Why would the Globe remove my post?  Funny I guess you can't say anything negative about Danny or Doc. Lets take a poll why was my post deleted?

Thanks Run

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Why would the Globe remove my post?  Funny I guess you can't say anything negative about Danny or Doc. Lets take a poll why was my post deleted?

Thanks Run

Maybe because you're citing facts without sources?? I don't know why else it would be removed. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

why would any player stick around who proved they were worth having in the pre-season and then was inexplicably benched in the regular season in favor of wearing out KG?  furthermore you can't hardly stay in game shape unless you.............  play in games

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

why has the first post on this thread been removed?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Run maybe you should leave as well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Darko left for personal reasons. Please show us a link to any credible source that says otherwise. Oh wait, you can't because there isn't one..

In your subject header you talk about Darko admitting something but that quote doesn't exist in your piece. 

Darko stinks. 

So does your demographic agenda here. It's pathetics when others fall for it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Yeah, Darko was playing great in the preseason until he tweaked his wrist and had to sit. Then Doc didn't play him as much after the injury and went in another direction with his new bench toys. Darko was sensitive about playing in the States before taking another chance with the C's and probably got impatient and homesick when he wasn't getting playing time. Plus, how was he supposed to know that some of Doc's best coaching decisions are the one's he's forced to make because of injuries to other players.

Also Darko was already frustrated with his NBA career, so maybe he had a run in with Doc or someone else on the team too and the C's chose to take the high road and cover it up like they used to do with DWest. However, Danny is just as much to blame as Doc because he didn't convince Darko to stay and then refused to sign Kenyon Martin leaving KG alone on an island for yet another year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bahstunguy. Show bahstunguy's posts

Doc never ever plays any of the rookies. The lone exception has been Sullinger. I don't know why the Celtics even bother with the draft anymore because unless you're someone special the end of the bench is where you'll be parked for the entire year. Why Danny selected Fab Melo is beyond me. Don't these people get paid to do their job and evaluate potential players ? If ypou're not going to play the people ypu draft ehy not package your picks in a trade. Nate Robinson played another great game tonight. Good move Danny !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I think Darko got a raw deal by Doc Rivers....

If they weren't going to play him, why did they even bring him in ? HE DID look good in the preseason....

Total mystery as to why Darko  didn't get BIG MINUTES with the Celtics this year. 

Same thing with Nened Kristic , he left and made the Perk trade seem worse than it was 

Surely Darko was better than Wilcox, Shavlik Randolph. and Fab Melo ???

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Darko left for personal reasons. Please show us a link to any credible source that says otherwise. Oh wait, you can't because there isn't one..

In your subject header you talk about Darko admitting something but that quote doesn't exist in your piece. 

Darko stinks. 

So does your demographic agenda here. It's pathetics when others fall for it.

those being that he was personally tired of doc rivers relegating him to the pine.  the guy played pro ball since age 13.  you think a 15 year veteran is going to want to sit around on his duff and fly places to do nothing?

not for nothin', but it's not all that comfortable to fly when you are 7 feet tall.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:

I think Darko got a raw deal by Doc Rivers....

If they weren't going to play him, why did they even bring him in ? HE DID look good in the preseason....

Total mystery as to why Darko  didn't get BIG MINUTES with the Celtics this year. 

Same thing with Nened Kristic , he left and made the Perk trade seem worse than it was 

Surely Darko was better than Wilcox, Shavlik Randolph. and Fab Melo ???

the only reason why rivers has flushed so many bigs out of town / misused so many that stayed was that he has the coaching ability of a third grade gym teacher.  and that might be an insult to most 3rd grade gym teachers. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

why would any player stick around who proved they were worth having in the pre-season and then was inexplicably benched in the regular season in favor of wearing out KG?  furthermore you can't hardly stay in game shape unless you.............  play in games

very true

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In response to bahstunguy's comment:

Doc never ever plays any of the rookies. The lone exception has been Sullinger. I don't know why the Celtics even bother with the draft anymore because unless you're someone special the end of the bench is where you'll be parked for the entire year. Why Danny selected Fab Melo is beyond me. Don't these people get paid to do their job and evaluate potential players ? If ypou're not going to play the people ypu draft ehy not package your picks in a trade. Nate Robinson played another great game tonight. Good move Danny !

You are absolutely correct. When you have a coach in Doc Rivers that absolutely refuses to play rookies you might as well package your draft pick for a veteran that will be used. What would likely happen is a deal like the one Boston used to trade Joe Johnson when two average players were obtained but used. Of course, Joe Johnson turned out to be a monster and those two average players turned out to be, well, average. But, they were used. Yeah, draft picks are useless for the Celtics for a few reasons: 1) Danny Ainge is really bad in selecting players 2)Doc doesn't like Danny Ainge's picks and won't use them 3) Doc doesn't play rookies. Boston might as well bring in a decent player to help the bench. Nobody is going to trade an allstar for a draft pick unless the pick is in the top 5.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Thanks Run

you should cite a source

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In response to guyfromtex's comment:

You are absolutely correct. When you have a coach in Doc Rivers that absolutely refuses to play rookies you might as well package your draft pick for a veteran that will be used. What would likely happen is a deal like the one Boston used to trade Joe Johnson when two average players were obtained but used. Of course, Joe Johnson turned out to be a monster and those two average players turned out to be, well, average. But, they were used. Yeah, draft picks are useless for the Celtics for a few reasons: 1) Danny Ainge is really bad in selecting players 2)Doc doesn't like Danny Ainge's picks and won't use them 3) Doc doesn't play rookies. Boston might as well bring in a decent player to help the bench. Nobody is going to trade an allstar for a draft pick unless the pick is in the top 5.

What is your criteria to be "really bad in selecting players"?

Can you name 3 managers that are better at drafting?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Fields4's comment:

How about this.. since DA has been drafting with the C's (2003), I think hes had 13 first round draft picks... how many of them either start for the C's or other clubs and are considered outstanding players?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

How about this.. since DA has been drafting with the C's (2003), I think hes had 13 first round draft picks... how many of them either start for the C's or other clubs and are considered outstanding players?

I don't know. Rondo's here, he's considered outstanding by many people, Jeff Green joined the C's (i don't remember - was he Danny's choice and then traded or viceversa?), Bradley's here as well and he's the best or on of the on ball defender in the league, Sullinger's injured now but we all saw that he's a really good rebounder, Al Jefferson is a starter in Utah, he's one of the worst defenders but also he's one of the best low post scorers, Tony Allen - all defensive first team.

So there are 5-6 starters, 1-2 outstanding players.

Again, what is the criteria to be really bad in selecting players and can someone name 3 managers that are better than Danny at drafting?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

I don't know. Rondo's here, he's considered outstanding by many people, Jeff Green joined the C's (i don't remember - was he Danny's choice and then traded or viceversa?), Bradley's here as well and he's the best or on of the on ball defender in the league, Sullinger's injured now but we all saw that he's a really good rebounder, Al Jefferson is a starter in Utah, he's one of the worst defenders but also he's one of the best low post scorers, Tony Allen - all defensive first team.

So there are 5-6 starters, 1-2 outstanding players.

Again, what is the criteria to be really bad in selecting players and can someone name 3 managers that are better than Danny at drafting?

Rondo wasnt drafted by the Celtics... Green hasnt made the Celtics starting lineup.. Bradley has started but is not considered an outstanding player other than defensively ... Sully has the potential but jury still out (Bass started in front of him most of season so..)  Al Jefferson does start.. Tony Allen career bench player

My premise was what players drafted are starters and outstanding players.. Id say perhaps Jefferson and thats about it.. not much to show for 10 years worth of draft picks

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

Tony Allen - all defensive first team and he starts in Memphis (he started even when Mayo was there)

Green hasnt made the Celtics starting lineup Surprised Jeff Green started all his playoff games.

Rondo wasn't drafted by the C's but they acquiered him right after the draft and he never played for the Suns. So i give Ainge credit for doing that. And those were (except for Green) 15 or later picks.

Again, what is the criteria to be really bad in selecting players and can someone (particularly you) name 3 managers that are better than Danny at drafting?