Darko Waived!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Darko Waived!

The C's now have an open roster spot!

The Boston Celtics announced today that they have waived center Darko Milicic. “Darko has asked us to release him so he could deal with a personal matter,” said Celtics President of Basketball Operations Danny Ainge. “The whole Celtics family wishes Darko and his family well.” NBA.com

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Re: Darko Waived!

does this mean that the celtics are still paying this guy?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Good question! I am not certain.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

this is a smart move.  rid the lineup of the only 7 foot guy who could actually defend at the 5 if kg got hurt or you needed someone to mash on the bynumbs and howards of the league.  darko was also an able rebounder.  not spectacular in anything he did. 

it was a very smart personnel decision for doc to not play him at all once the regular season got going

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

this is a smart move.  rid the lineup of the only 7 foot guy who could actually defend at the 5 if kg got hurt or you needed someone to mash on the bynumbs and howards of the league.  darko was also an able rebounder.  not spectacular in anything he did. 

it was a very smart personnel decision for doc to not play him at all once the regular season got going

[/QUOTE]

Get this, from BDC this am:

Rivers wanted to make a breakthrough with Milicic, who had been a disappointment with his other clubs, but that will not happen.

“I would have liked to have that opportunity,” said Rivers, “but you know how I feel about all the other stuff outside about basketball. It’s more important.”

Sorry Doc, but that's garbage that just came out of your mouth. Wanted to make a breakthrough? LOL.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I think if a contract is guaranteed, we still pay him....so, I think we still pay him.

Furthermore, you guys make is seem like Doc drove this guy off the team...........it was HIS call all the way.  If he had been playing, he may have made the same call.  We'll never know.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

What business would offer a guy a job then the guy says he wants to leave but the business still pays him?  The Celtics didn't initiate this move, so my guess is that he only gets paid for when he actually worked, or in this case, was available to work.  It was Darko's option to leve but he doesn't take a salary with him.  Again, I guess because I have no particular knowledge of his contract, but sometimes, only sometimes, common sense wins out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

I am not for certain, but believe Darko's salary still counts against the cap.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

From NBA Salary cap FAQ....question #63

The waiving team continues to pay the guaranteed portion of the terminated contract (see question number 62). For contracts signed or extended before the current CBA took effect, the team and player may negotiate a revised payment schedule (see question numbers 65 and 66). The revised payment schedule may call for the guaranteed portion of the player's salary to be paid over a longer or shorter period of time than originally specified in the contract, or even as a lump sum.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

man i feel bad for darko..i really wanted the guy to be here...but he is about to lose his mother that is a tuff thing to go though..it is hard...i wish the best for him and his family.