Davis has patella strain...not good

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Davis has patella strain...not good

A MRI will tell the real damage so if it's torn he's done. A patella is nothing to play with.

I blame it on the refs. The game should've been over and the refs kept calling foul after foul.

Well Murphy is going to have to cram and be ready. I don't see BBD coming back until the playoffs if it's what is being reported.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Re: Davis has patella strain...not good

as long as hes back for the playoffs, we are fine.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Davis has patella strain...not good:
    [QUOTE]A MRI will tell the real damage so if it's torn he's done. A patella is nothing to play with. I blame it on the refs. The game should've been over and the refs kept calling foul after foul. Well Murphy is going to have to cram and be ready. I don't see BBD coming back until the playoffs if it's what is being reported.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

The way Murphy looked, he's really going to have to cram hard!!  Green better be cramming too!!  Losing Baby is big!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Apparently, it's been bothering him for weeks.  Maybe that's why his game and his jumper hasn't been that good lately.  Patellar tendonitis is going to affect his jumping ability.
    Sounds like he aggravated a preexisting condition.  MRI and some diagnostics tomorrow should tell us if and how long he'll be on the sidelines.
    These injuries are like the constant drumbeat.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Chris Forsberg
    Left knee MRI for Baby tomorrow. He's hobbling in locker room, but seems upbeat.

gary washburn
    Glen Davis will have an MRI on his left knee tomorrow. Its wrapped in ice but he said he's not concerned

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

And the hits keep coming. We are snakebit.  Just can't believe ANOTHER injury.  I wonder if ANY team in the league has been hit like the Celts.

The ONLY good news ....knock on wood.....is that the Big 4 have been relatively healthy.  Let's keep it that way, please!!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

If the injury isn't too serious it may not be a bad thing.  We can experiment with the new guys and give them more minutes.  The rest may rejuvenate baby as well.  He hasn't looked the same in quite a while now.  The rest may be good.  Hopefully its not serious.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

That is why I still hope that Rasheed returns to the Celtics.  He could be a help with all of the injuries we have had this season. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Davis has patella strain...not good:
    [QUOTE]That is why I still hope that Rasheed returns to the Celtics.  He could be a help with all of the injuries we have had this season. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

No training camp, no preseason, NO TO SHEED!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i hope it's not too serious. we'll need BBD in the playoffs. but at least we have KG, murphy and green at the 4 for now. the incresed PT will help the latter two get up to speed before the playoffs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I sort of agree that the game went way too long with all those B.S. ticky tacky fouls....I dont know where they got that lil mexican looking dude from but he shouldnt be reffing NBA games...he is horrible...probably a soccer coach or something....you think in this recession there would be good refs looking for work..lol

Anyway now that i have ranted....let me tell you...even without the prolonged game, Davis already had a problem cuz he had a big brace on the same knee and we have seen him struggle the past month.  I tore/ruptured my Patella tendon about 4 years ago while going up to block a shot, my knee popped, I couldnt even walk, and it took a year and half to rehab....very bad!!   So the fact is, he already had tendon problems..and without rest, you risk tearing it...so he could rest and have it feel better, but I believe he will eventually need surgery...unless he sits the rest of season.  A slight tear will eventually rupture and the tendon connects your kneecap to you fibula...when mine popped , my kneecap was up in my thigh area, and they have to pull it down, re-attach it..I know...tmi, but just saying...Troy better get ready and now the Semih trade makes some sense, they needed a PF more than a C, cuz they probably knew Baby's knee was sore..and may need surgery...  Once he gets into shape Troy should be able to help..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I am not assuming BBD is out for anything close to as long as is being said here. Let's wait and see. BBD felt last night he was going to be alright.  

I do think the last six minutes of that game was obscenely long.  Gentry is a real a--hole for letting that happen.  It seemed the delaying was obvious and Doc should have protected his players by doing everything he could to run down the time on clock.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Why would you assume when we already know the prognosis?  Patella tendon is serious and sound like it didnt begin last night, so either he has to rest for a long time or he is gonna tear it and be out a year and a half.  Remember E.Williams used to have that tendinitis, and always in and out the lineup?  Well this is worse...cuz for him to come down limping withou contact, he had to partially tear it..and so he needs to rest atleast a few weeks..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

[QUOTE]I am not assuming BBD is out for anything close to as long as is being said here. Let's wait and see. BBD felt last night he was going to be alright.   I do think the last six minutes of that game was obscenely long.  Gentry is a real a--hole for letting that happen.  It seemed the delaying was obvious and Doc should have protected his players by doing everything he could to run down the time on clock.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

At the risk of stating the obvious, what was stopping Doc from emptying the bench?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

He was about to lose the game, the only reason the starters came back in after blowing a 30 pt lead.   I fell asleep watching the blowout and woke up in the 4th like WTH happened!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Davis has patella strain...not good : At the risk of stating the obvious, what was stopping Doc from emptying the bench?
    Posted by victorlee1234[/QUOTE]

He did empty the bench earlier int he quarter and the lead went from approximately 29 to 9!!!  The bench lost it so he had to reinsert the starters to keep from losing the game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

All I said is Doc should have tried to have the guys that were out there do everything they could to run the clock down.  They didn't they were playing up tempo.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

The good thing is Murphy will be on the fast track to picking up the offense/defense.

Well well, look who's coming up tomorrow...his old team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Running down the clock is the reason the Suns were able to come back!...when you do that u mess with the flow of the offense and usually get Rondo jacking up a 3 at the buzzer.  I disagree, this is why we lose a lot of games late, due to slowing down with a lead.  Like Tommy always sais, Run, Run, Run!!!  Same thing in football, run ur shyt till the games over, all you do is go 3 and out and give the ball back...bad idea!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Okay, Did we hire Portland's medical staff last season? Seriously, the injuries are just crazy. Is it possibl Danny could bribe a medical guy in phoneix to come sign a contract with us? Grant Hill is 38, playing injury free anfter he used to be a walking one man injury bug. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

Be gentle first post. This could be a good thing if Baby has really been bothered by this. Pavlovic backs Paul. Green moves down to back up Kevin. Krstic and Murphy share the center position and the guards rotate as is. This gives these guys more playing time and more familiarity going into the playoffs. Green is a versatile guy and this shouldn't bother him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dahc13. Show dahc13's posts

Well hopefully he isn't to b anged (they wouldn't let me submit this untill I changed up the previous word LOL) up and they can just rest him a little bit.  We don't play a team with a winning record til NO on March 19th.  This hopefully should give baby plenty of time to heal up and rejuvenate while also giving the new guys extra playing time to work themselves into the system.  Could definitely be a positive if BBD isn't too serious.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

They are saying he is being treated for an ankle injury.  Last night as he walked off court after the injury. He stopped and bent over and grabbed his ankle.