Deandre Jordan?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Deandre Jordan?

Why did we take on Jordan whose salary and limitations as a player will get us nowhere. He comes to Boston he is untradeable.  At 11 million no other team will take him.  No KG or Pierce, we will quickly see why he went in the second round.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Re: Deandre Jordan?

In response to concord27's comment:

Why did we take on Jordan whose salary and limitations as a player will get us nowhere. He comes to Boston he is untradeable.  At 11 million no other team will take him.  No KG or Pierce, we will quickly see why he went in the second round.

So what? Next year is the deepest draft in years.

I look forward to seeing Jordan and Sullinger hit the boards together.

We won't be the 90 lb weakling anymore.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

[QUOTE]

So what? Next year is the deepest draft in years.

I look forward to seeing Jordan and Sullinger hit the boards together.

We won't be the 90 lb weakling anymore.

[/QUOTE]

He can jump higher and quicker than Perkins but he plays offense like him.  You want be happy unless you are planning for the lottery.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Looks like we're trading KG, for a guy that Ainge passed over in the draft to pick JR Giddens. Ainge should follow Doc out the door!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

With CP3 now having said to the media that he will resign with Clipps IF they get Doc and KG, Is there any way we don't get Bledsoe now?????? I say it is guaranteed!!! No?????

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

With CP3 now having said to the media that he will resign with Clipps IF they get Doc and KG, Is there any way we don't get Bledsoe now?????? I say it is guaranteed!!! No?????

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

DeAndre Jordan highlights.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxH94jhbnUU

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

Looks like we're trading KG, for a guy that Ainge passed over in the draft to pick JR Giddens. Ainge should follow Doc out the door!!

And to pay him 11 million a year to boot.  This trade will sour in Boston fast.  With no draft pick for a year and little else.  The Clippers are locked and loaded and we are lottery bound.  Jordan cannot play, he is in the stone age basketball wise.  Without Chris Paul spoonfeeding him dunks he is useless. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

And to pay him 11 million a year to boot.  This trade will sour in Boston fast.  With no draft pick for a year and little else.  The Clippers are locked and loaded and we are lottery bound.  Jordan cannot play, he is in the stone age basketball wise.  Without Chris Paul spoonfeeding him dunks he is useless. 

Rondo can't feed him dunks?

And lottery bound in the deepest lottery in years is a good thing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

Rondo can't feed him dunks?

And lottery bound in the deepest lottery in years is a good thing.

[/QUOTE]

Chris I see your thinking, just don't believe depending on the lottery is a good thing.  Jordan can dunk, but he can't win games and for me that is a problem.  Celtics fans are going to have a hard time this year. Rondo by the way will be in a deep depression or on some other team with these moves.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

How many years is left on Jordans deal?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

I love this trade.

Jordan, Sullinger, Green, Rondo, and.......

All we need now is a 2 who can run and shoot.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to JohnnyLefty's comment:

Two at 22.4 million.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

In response to JohnnyLefty's comment:

[QUOTE]

Two at 22.4 million.

[/QUOTE]

Aww man would of been better if it was 1 year at 11 Million...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

I love this trade.

Jordan, Sullinger, Green, Rondo, and.......

All we need now is a 2 who can run and shoot.

Anthony Morrow

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I predict rondo will love emerging from the shadow of the big three.  You'll be surprised how well he shoots when he knows he has to and isn't second guessing himself.

keep rondo and lee and crawford, whoI I am nicknaming ABA because he reminds me of a throwback scorer from 1978.  I think Crawford is a diamond in the rough.  With Jordan they run.  Sure, it will be like pp rookie year. We will lose, but I thought it was a fun year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4413148. Show user_4413148's posts

Jordan has a terrible near untradeable contract. Better off staying put and tanking rather than take on his contract. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

THE DUKE

to everyone here who lamented the loss of Perk.....Jordan has a better offensive game in that he can sky for alley oops and offensive rebounds/dunks....Perk couldn't come close offensively.....Jordan is an incredible athlete.....take a look at the career comparisons

Jordan

22 MPG

6.7 PPG

6.6 RPG (high of 8.3)

1.5 BPG

Perk

23 MPG

6.0 PPG

6.2 RPG (high of 8.1)

1.3 BPG

Jordan is better in every category....better athlete....speed and can jump out of the gym...better hands....and 4 years younger making less than Perk makes....what's not to like after all of the complaining of how we lost the Finals because Perk got injured...so, when he isn't called for a foul, Perk sets better picks...? ...just saying...this is so much better than getting nothing if KG and doc both decided to retire...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Other than his horrible ft shooting, Jordan is a pretty good young center. He has great size and athletism, hes a very good finisher from close (fg%64),rebounder and rim protector 3 things we sorely lacked. His #s of 9ppg 7rpg 1.5bpg were achieved in only 24.5 mpg, which gave him a very good 17.21 PER

As for his pay, its inline with what centers  make.  Perk, asik, mcgee, chandler all make similiar money (8-11 mill per). Centers are highly coveted and tend to be overpaid, thats the market.

One thing I am concerned with is the spacing. With rondo,bradley,jgreen,sully, jordan as our projected starting 5. We have no permiter shooting threats, this will have to be addressed. 

But I am looking forward to having what could be one of the best fast break teams in the league, finally a team that rondo can actually run with it. ( i know tommy heinsohn would be happy too).

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Green shot pretty well late in the season I thnk.  Sully has similar range to kg if not the accuracy, not that kg shot that well this year, but historically. 

rondo will shoot more and better.  The 2 guard is a concern shooting wise.  Pp of course can shoot. If we trade him we will need shooting at the three.

deandre can't shoot, but lots of centers can't shoot.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

THE DUKE

Gman, I agree with you 100%.....we will need shooters.....but this is a very young core group with incredible athleticism.....Tommy will be very happy....we may become a lottery team for a year (think 1970 when Russ was gone and Henry Finkle was manning the pivot...next year along came Cowens).....we may just be rebuilding on the fly....Rondo is already an all star....Sully might have been rookie of the year....Bradley has turned into a defensive dynamo....and Green may be a poor man's Worthy....optimistic...? yeah, I am...always...but getting something for the alternative is a blessing for this team...just my opinion...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

fans need to come to terms with the reality of the C's situation. they are a rebuilding team that will not be contending for a minimum of 3 years regardless of where KG, Pierce, and Rivers end up. there is no doubt that jordan is overpaid, but he's only got 2 years left on his deal and he is still only 25 years old with lots of potential. the C's will have plenty of cap space the next few years even with jordan being overpaid. there aren't any superstar FA's coming to Boston, it will have to be done via the draft.

25. This post has been removed.