Dear Doc Rivers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsboy3. Show Patsboy3's posts

Dear Doc Rivers

GROW SOME PHFUCKING BALLS MAN, SIT WORTHLESS RAJON RONDO.

Is it me or are the Celtics playing like 4 vs 5 with that worthless point guard out there. You injured, then sit your fcking azz out down dude, WTH. We got a great point guard in Aroyo, a veteran point guard at best. He is not Avery Bradley, running around uncontrollably like a chicken with his head cut off. Aroyo can shoot off the dribble, he can make a free throw shot, he controls the ball game and the guy's got a game face on like he is working for his last meal and his life depends on it.

Then you have Rajon Rondo who's got a stinking careless attitude and body language. Like, "hey look at me, i don't feel like playing right now....Perk is that you...oh sorry never mind, that wasn't Perk, my fault for throwing the ball away". Its not like that stiff wasn't letting fast break balls run right through his fingers anyways. Just annoying and frustrated i am with Rajon Rondo. This guy has more negatives then pluses to be getting paid this dam much money. No free throw, no mid range shots, never mind a long one, and lacks strong game confidence to go up strong to the hoop. But he has assists, please, he is hiding behind that fraudulent stat. He continues on this bullsht, I say Ainge start looking for the highest bidder and send this $11 mill a year Fraud packing by next year's trade. this is a business and this employee is not being productive.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: Dear Doc Rivers

doc acknowledged that rondo has been dogging it last nite. also said it may just be the grind of the season. but bottom line he 's not happy and something will be done! believe me, knowing ainge and doc, that decision of replacing rr has already been discussed! like with perk, writing was loudly on the wall once they got larry and mo (jo and shaq). with rr, once they got arroyo to go along with west, writing was on the wall! starting on friday, the jig is up for rondo as a closer. he will be played in the same way we went with perk. no more than 30 minutes and limited closing. at end, will have west along with bb/green and big 3!if we need a shooter as we did yesterday when down by 2 with 2 minutes left, rr will and should be on the BENCH! we could have just let avery hold the water rather than bringing in arroyo. but they brought him in based on their concern about the viability of rr. what he did against rose 2 years ago and against cleveland, i think are flukes and things of the past. we can't hang our hats on that!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

There is nothing they can do this year. If Ainge wants to explore trades after the season fine. I would start with a package of Rondo & BBD for Love and Rubio or a pick.

I'm not in the TRADE RONDO camp yet. I just hope his attitude hasn't turned completely sour on the NBA business of trading a good friend. Hopefully the playoffs will help to fix things.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In Response to Re: Dear Doc Rivers:
    [QUOTE]There is nothing they can do this year. If Ainge wants to explore trades after the season fine. I would start with a package of Rondo & BBD for Love and Rubio or a pick. I'm not in the TRADE RONDO camp yet. I just hope his attitude hasn't turned completely sour on the NBA business of trading a good friend. Hopefully the playoffs will help to fix things.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

What has Rubio proved? the guy is afraid of coming to the NBA..such an overrated dude..wont buy his talents until I see him play with the big boys...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Fine, maybe not Rubio, maybe a pick or Flynn. Bottom line is you can't trade Rondo without getting a decent PG in return.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

This is funny.  From being a elite point guard to trading him for Rubio or a decent PG.  Where Jerry when you need him?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

RR's perceived attitude, if it exists, has as much to do with Doc bringing in two new PGs this season as it does with Perk's departure. 

I actually like the depth at that spot now, but to see if from Rondo's eyes must be a bit bleak.  I also think Arroyo has played some good minutes; he's not turning the ball over.  But we're at exactly the same spot we were in last year; down the stretch, we've got no size.  This was the area that Ainge et al swore they would address this season.  And now it's taken a different course...big men were dealt in favor of speed and athleticism.  I like Kristic's game; maybe I was too harsh on him initially.  But without a true bigman, like Perk or Shaq, this team didn't really get better heading into the playoffs. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I agree that Rondo has been playing lousy the past couple of weeks, but I think it's way too early to talking about trading him. Hopefully he'll snap out of his funk soon.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]doc acknowledged that rondo has been dogging it last nite. also said it may just be the grind of the season. but bottom line he 's not happy and something will be done! believe me, knowing ainge and doc, that decision of replacing rr has already been discussed! like with perk, writing was loudly on the wall once they got larry and mo (jo and shaq). with rr, once they got arroyo to go along with west, writing was on the wall! starting on friday, the jig is up for rondo as a closer. he will be played in the same way we went with perk. no more than 30 minutes and limited closing. at end, will have west along with bb/green and big 3!if we need a shooter as we did yesterday when down by 2 with 2 minutes left, rr will and should be on the BENCH! we could have just let avery hold the water rather than bringing in arroyo. but they brought him in based on their concern about the viability of rr. what he did against rose 2 years ago and against cleveland, i think are flukes and things of the past. we can't hang our hats on that!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

I don't think the writing is on the wall for the long run but I do agree West / Arroyo will run the team late in tight playoff games.  Rondo is a huge liability at the offensive end of the floor.

Some will argue that his poor play is the departure of Perk and maybe that factor does get some of the blame but to the root of this is a few weeks ago Doc told Rondo he needs to get more aggressive going to the rim and taking more of the wide open uncontested shots which the opponent gift to him each and every game.

Basically Doc told him to be more of a complete player and drumroll please....... he can't do it and it has taken him out of his comfort zone and it caused him to do a p oo p oo in his diaper and they don't have any Desitin in the locker room......

p.s.  really really really nice bike. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]doc acknowledged that rondo has been dogging it last nite. also said it may just be the grind of the season. but bottom line he 's not happy and something will be done! believe me, knowing ainge and doc, that decision of replacing rr has already been discussed! like with perk, writing was loudly on the wall once they got larry and mo (jo and shaq). with rr, once they got arroyo to go along with west, writing was on the wall! starting on friday, the jig is up for rondo as a closer. he will be played in the same way we went with perk. no more than 30 minutes and limited closing. at end, will have west along with bb/green and big 3!if we need a shooter as we did yesterday when down by 2 with 2 minutes left, rr will and should be on the BENCH! we could have just let avery hold the water rather than bringing in arroyo. but they brought him in based on their concern about the viability of rr. what he did against rose 2 years ago and against cleveland, i think are flukes and things of the past. we can't hang our hats on that!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

p.s. Rondo is going nowhere - Danny begged Phoenix to draft him and then traded for him - who knows how far into the second round Rondo would have fallen if Danny get his binky. 

There are those that think Rondo's contract was some sort of bargain, etc. - hey baby you get what you pay for...... and in this case, you may be getting less than what you pay for......  Rondo - contract - bargain should never be used in the same sentence.....

it would have really been bad to have Steph Curry last night - 19 points, 4 of 6 from 3 point land, etc. - wow... someone that needs to be guarded.... what a notion 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

No one is advocating trading Rondo. However every time there is a change it freaks him out. Two years ago it was Marbury, then it was Nate, then West, now it's Arroyo. His bestie gets dealt to OKC and he goes into "I don't give a ----" mode.

The Big 3 need to corner him and tell him to get his head on straight before he heads to the bank and cashes those checks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dear Doc Rivers :   What has Rubio proved? the guy is afraid of coming to the NBA..such an overrated dude..wont buy his talents until I see him play with the big boys...
    Posted by cabutan[/QUOTE]

I think we have all seen the footage of Rubio, I think there is some chance he could come into the league and be the best point guard with the initials RR but he could also be a bust.....  This gets me to my real point - if you the GM in Minnesota and with consecutive picks you take Jonny Flynn and Ricky Rubio how do you still have a job?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]RR's perceived attitude, if it exists, has as much to do with Doc bringing in two new PGs this season as it does with Perk's departure.  I actually like the depth at that spot now, but to see if from Rondo's eyes must be a bit bleak.  I also think Arroyo has played some good minutes; he's not turning the ball over.  But we're at exactly the same spot we were in last year; down the stretch, we've got no size.  This was the area that Ainge et al swore they would address this season.  And now it's taken a different course...big men were dealt in favor of speed and athleticism.  I like Kristic's game; maybe I was too harsh on him initially.  But without a true bigman, like Perk or Shaq, this team didn't really get better heading into the playoffs. 
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

There is no doubt in my mind that Rondo's poor performance began a few weeks ago when Doc told him he needs to start getting to the rim more and taking the wide open uncontested gifts that he gets from every opponent.  Doc has asked him to do what you know ummm things that ummm  point guards do.  Guess what?  He can't and it has taken Rondo out of his comfort zone.  Blame pie goes something like this - 5% Perk's departure, 5% playing with PF, 90% can't do what his coach has instructed him to do.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Im not so confident Doc is going to pull Rondo late in games in favor of DW or Arroyo... if he was, why didnt he do it last night?

Arroyo was on the floor when we made a nice comeback... perfect time to leave him in with Rondo back from the dressing room with a twisted ankle... but Doc couldnt get him back on the court fast enough.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Im not so confident Doc is going to pull Rondo late in games in favor of DW or Arroyo... if he was, why didnt he do it last night? Arroyo was on the floor when we made a nice comeback... perfect time to leave him in with Rondo back from the dressing room with a twisted ankle... but Doc couldnt get him back on the court fast enough.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

It is shaping up to be a very weird dilemma.  Doc has told Rondo to take the open gifts the opponents give and told him to get to the rim and line more and he can't,  Rondo is probably hurt.  Doc publicly states that he is going to reduce Rondo's (and others' minutes) but he also can't hurt Rondo's feelings by not inserting him into a game at a critical point in a game.  Rondo said in SI last year that he is the best point guard in the league and is full of confidence but is it possible that there are literally a bunch of pacifiers in Rondo's locker?

Doc has to balance what is best for the team while managing gigantic egos so in tight games in the playoffs when the offense is halfcourt and their offense is stagnant and Rondo passes the ball off and runs and hides in the corner and calls for the ball while internally saying to himself don't you dare pass me that ball West and or Arroyo will be in the game - shooting jumpers, shooting 3s, getting to the rim and the line.  Rondo will sit on the bench with a towel over his head and pout.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Rondo is just feeling the pressure because now his flaws stick out like a sore thumb. Ainge added guys who can score and jettisoned the guys who were up and down. Rondo is probably feeling some pressure to step his game up so he's not the weak link on the court.