Delonte north, south, east, West

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Delonte north, south, east, West

12 pts, 5 rebs, 4 asts for DWest in his first game back. As good as advertised. 

For those concerned about Ray playing too many minutes, he only logged 26 minutes tonight.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Delonte north, south, east, West

Wow.... what a game for Delonte!

A complete PG! He does it all. And he is wearing Celtic green again.

Life is good indeed.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Like those RA minutes.  I cannot recall the last time I saw him under 30.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

I'm lovin' it!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetruth007. Show lovetruth007's posts

Let the 3.5 qt starting point guard play the first and third qts and let the complete point guard play the second and fourth qts. I am sure there will be more blowing out wins.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Delonte was all over the place. Even blocked a shot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Good game by West....

wassup with all the jabs at Rondo?  Where would this team be w/o Rajon?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Delonte north, south, east, West:
    [QUOTE]Good game by West.... wassup with all the jabs at Rondo?  Where would this team be w/o Rajon?
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

I agree. The Celtics will not be this good without Rondo. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Good game by West.... wassup with all the jabs at Rondo?  Where would this team be w/o Rajon?
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

Dunno... but I would love to find out.

Heinsohn called DWest a "walking TommyPoint."  Delonte plays the game the right way. He epitomizes Celtic basketball. He is humble, fundamentally sound and coachable. No fear! Uncomplicated. WYSIWYG!

I am very comfortable with the ball in his hands with the game on the line, win, lose or draw. 

With Rondo, not at all.

Pud 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Dunno... but I would love to find out.

that speaks volumes. jdm, pudtz got his feelings hurt by the board in the past. actually, last june. the finals. this inane rondo bashing is payback. just realize the turkey has a whacked agenda and try not to let it irk the frigging frig out of you going forward.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I think Ray's minutes had to do with the scoreboard.  But I agree that West will be able to play the 1 and 2 and help give Ray and Rajon a rest.  That second unit is legit.  It's a luxury to have 2 guys in West and Nate that can play the PG or 2.  I heard Tommy say he can guard some quick forwards, which I don't doubt.      

West has always played considerably bigger than his 6'3" stature.  He can also do a little bit of everything, which is the best thing about his game.  That stat line from last night shows what he can do, I expect similar nights as the season moves on.  He's a guy with experience, and I think he's a good fit as far having veteran guys on the roster to help keep him focused.   

This is a deep, deep team. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

Did you guys notice how Rondo was looking by the end of the game? All of the players were looking very happy with the result, smilling and all. But Rondo was looking very thoughtful... I wonder if it had to do anything with Delonte's performance, which, for a first timer after a suspension, was very very good!

Watch out Rondo. You might not play the last minutes of the game anymore if you don't improve the JS and the FTs!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhol. Show jhol's posts

I believe his addition has just pushed the Celtics over the edge to being a bonifide great team. Sahq is loving playing here, that is obvious. West is on a mission to turn his life around. JO -- who knows, but the beauty of this team is it's unquestionable depth. '86 all over again folks!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

We may have just found our "closer" Delonte can take it to the rack, or can stop and pop, or can drain the three. As the clock winds down at the end of games, Delonte just could be our best bet!! Oh yes i forgot, he can also find the open man!

Or would you rather see the Pierce ISO?  HAHAHA!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Great to see Delonte off his suspension. He's no longer young improving player he was during his previous stint with the C's. He's now a seasoned, in his prime savy veteran.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

i'm a delonte fan, too. he may well be a solution to our late game issues caused by the hole in rondo's skill set. but it will not be a simple solution. if that's what it comes to - yank rondo for delonte or anyone else at crunch time - i'll suggest that may turn into a very slippery slope for our winning celtics team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Great to see Delonte off his suspension. He's no longer young improving player he was during his previous stint with the C's. He's now a seasoned, in his prime savy veteran.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

I suspect that there are many, many bumpy moments ahead for Delonte to surely test our patience as well as team and family.

His struggles with bipolar disorder will likely lead to some very teachable moments for those of us who support him if only we knew how.

Mem's voice of insight/reason/wisdom/expertise will no doubt be steadying and comforting on this board.

Pud

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I'm not sure whether Dwest can keep his off-court act together or not to be honest.  But I know that when he was with cleveland he was the player I feared 2nd most behind lebron.  Well, maybe Mo because when he gets hot he can bury you with 3's.  But around playoff time I was praying for dwest to go south.  As it turned out, he didn't play much, but i think that was as much a function of the "coach on the court" as anything.

Wonder if it was true about lebron's mom?  Maybe the C's will leak it out before the miami playoffs to get into lebron's head.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Or would you rather see the Pierce ISO?  HAHAHA!!!"

I'd rather see the Pierce ISO if it came to that - (though I'm no huge fan of that either). 

Delonte is a troubled dude coming off a ten game suspension and you want to give him the closer role in big playoff games for a championship team? How about he strings together a few regular season appearances first?

Umm, no. Don't count on seeing that...having said that I was very pleased by Delonte's game and I do think he can be an important contributor.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
    DWest might be a waco off court. But he showed time and again in Cle that when it comes to a clutch moment he will deliver.
    As for him vs RR everybody on the team understands who is who. As for Dwest closing a game, I believe RR'll understand that team comes first.

AK

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE] We may have just found our "closer" Delonte can take it to the rack, or can stop and pop, or can drain the three. As the clock winds down at the end of games, Delonte just could be our best bet!! Oh yes i forgot, he can also find the open man!  Or would you rather see the Pierce ISO?  HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

That's just you hating on Paul Pierce again. 

Just like you said that the only reason why Pierce was the Finals MVP in 2008 was because Pierce was the longest tenured Celtic among the Big 3. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]" Or would you rather see the Pierce ISO?  HAHAHA!!!" I'd rather see the Pierce ISO if it came to that - (though I'm no huge fan of that either).  Delonte is a troubled dude coming off a ten game suspension and you want to give him the closer role in big playoff games for a championship team? How about he strings together a few regular season appearances first? Umm, no. Don't count on seeing that...having said that I was very pleased by Delonte's game and I do think he can be an important contributor.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Are you even surprised that he said that?

kyceltic is the guy that said we should trade Rondo, JO and Perk for Ty Lawson and Melo. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Delonte north, south, east, West : I suspect that there are many, many bumpy moments ahead for Delonte to surely test our patience as well as team and family. His struggles with bipolar disorder will likely lead to some very teachable moments for those of us who support him if only we knew how.   Mem's voice of insight/reason/wisdom/expertise will no doubt be steadying and comforting on this board. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]
    Thanks for the compliment Pud. It's going to be hard for me to live up to all that though. I have expertise in regards to mental illness, but the other 3 I fall well short of.