Delonte West is Our Derek Fisher

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Re: Delonte West is Our Derek Fisher

Except that West is not a flopping cry baby like Fisher...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

In Response to Re: Delonte West is Our Derek Fisher:
    [QUOTE]Except that West is not a flopping cry baby like Fisher...
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

So True!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Most encouraged by the showing of D West today

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

Except D West is not a Champion and he has zero rings.
    D Fish - 5
    D West - 0

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

West is solid in every dept.  Was the same way with the Cavs.

Seems like he has his act together and playing well after those nasty injuries hes had

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Only thing is he is much better. Beware of Rondo and Delonte in their together.  Perhaps with Wafer and Green in a unit that goes out to stretch the court we will blow other teams away.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]Only thing is he is much better. Beware of Rondo and Delonte in their together.  Perhaps with Wafer and Green in a unit that goes out to stretch the court we will blow other teams away.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I agree. I just wish Doc would start playing Wafer more. Ray needs some rest and Von needs more minutes. I would love to see Doc reduce Ray to about  25 minutes per game until the playoffs start. Ray could use some rest to get his long jump shot legs back.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

except that doc is clueless...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

West and Davis and mabey Green give us everything we need off the bench except a real Center.  It looks like JO will be our main stay in the playoffs and mabey Kristic will back him up.  West , Davis, and Green will be sought after players this summer and the Celts will be lucky to keep them.  We may not have Shack, but if Ray can rejoin the big three with his A game then we have a shot.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

Delonte West is an exceptional player. When the Celts picked him up for next to nothing, I felt they got a steal. Von Wafer? Serious flaws, too inconsistent. I don't get the love shown Wafer by Boston.

I don' have top tell Boston fans who's clutch and who isn't.

Fisher is also clutch for the Lakers. Flopping is an art. Pierce and Davis do it all the time. Ginobili is another excellent flopper. You want to trash Fisher for this important contribution, but not your own players? That's hypocritcal.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Fisher has a history of clutch performances but those performances are few and far between.  He is frequently abused on defense because he's just not that solid of a defender any longer.

And he is in the top 5 as a "flopper":  http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/02/si-player-poll-varejao-ginobili-top-floppers/

Kobe and Pierce are in the top 15 but they look for fouls on the offensive end (pump fake contact, etc.)  Defensively, Baby "takes" charges.  That's NOT flopping.  He has found a niche because of his "lack" of height and has mastered the art of drawing the charge.  That's a "man's" job!

Fisher attempts to play physical defense or body-to-body defense but because he's really incapable of sustaining that defense, he looks for an out (by flopping).  It's good that he's known for it and doesn't get as many calls as he looks go get.  Flopping and looking to get bailed out by the refs is no way to play defense.

Delonte plays defense and offense too for that matter.  He can create his own shot and hit the open jumper.  Delonte is much better that what Fisher has ever been.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Thats a diss to delonte. Delonte at this point in his career is a much better player than fisher. If Delonte was on the lakers hed be there starting pg. 
    Delonte really has no holes in his game, he can shoot, handle, defend and he hustles. The biggest problem with dwest is his fragility and staying on the floor.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Delonte West is Our Derek Fisher:
    [QUOTE]Enough said.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Fish is a playoff tested vet who know HOW to win games (remember his driving layup last year that sealed one of the Lakers Final games last year?!)...West failed with the Cavs last year in the ECF. Fish is tough as nails who rarely misses games...West is a fragile player who can't make it through the season. Fish is respected by his peers throughout the league (remember the Heat wanted to sign him?!)...West is barely recognized in the league and was signed by Boston as a "leftover". Don't embarass yourself or disrespect Fisher by comparing Delonte West to him. There IS no comparison.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Q I always thought Fish was a class act. I feared him taking late shots last year more than Kobe. Fish was a celtic killer. If you asked me right now who I would take it would be West. If over a career it be Fish

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerFanOutWest. Show LakerFanOutWest's posts

I'm sorry, I lost count.  Exactly HOW MANY championship rings does West wear?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

Sorry.  I'm the biggest Celtic fan and Laker hater, but I'd take Fisher in his prime 10 times out of 10 over Delonte.  The guy is superclutch and knows how to win.  Of courst Delonte is better NOW though.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]Only thing is he is much better. Beware of Rondo and Delonte in their together.  Perhaps with Wafer and Green in a unit that goes out to stretch the court we will blow other teams away.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

What I thought!

Fisher in his prime was better, though!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

In Response to Delonte West is Our Derek Fisher:
    [QUOTE]Enough said.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    Yes ...please say no more.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Delonte is much better that what Fisher has ever been."

Unless you take into account postseason performance in the cluth (which to me is the thing I value most), and in that case Fisher has a huge resume and Delonte has none. 

However, I hope that changes for Delonte this spring!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

So you would take a guy (delonte) over another guy (D-Fish) that has more rings by himself than the boston big 3 put together?

Only in beantown my friends, only in beantown.... Laughing