Delonte West

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Delonte West

Lost in the sadness is the fact that Delonte West played a great game.  Hit big shots and he played some tough defense.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Re: Delonte West

Very true - and with a sore shoulder too.  As long as he's healthy enough to walk on that court, he'll keep coming up big for us. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Why did he not play more minutes? That is the question. Clearly Rondo was courageous but he should not have play forty minutes. This is where Doc screwed up.  He needed points in a game he had to have.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

Delonte West is a beast. I hope he stays with us moving forward

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to Re: Delonte West:
    [QUOTE]Very true - and with a sore shoulder too.  As long as he's healthy enough to walk on that court, he'll keep coming up big for us. 
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]

Not for long.  One more game. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

West was, is, and will always be a True Celtics in his attitude, heart, and go hard play.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

I agree with that, Btown, and Truth, from what I've heard he seems to really like playing here.  He and the team are an outstanding fit for each other and sticking together would just make sense...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

We won't sink as deep as in the recent past.
    Doc will leave and KG and Shaq likely retire. Ray may go to the Bulls. Let Baby have his payday somewhere else. Kristic isn't a worth holding on to. 
    We don't have to start from scratch. Pierce, Rondo, West and Green are a nice core to add pieces to. A young solid center (draft Danny!) and maybe we can get Love in the near future. Who knows? And who's in Danny's sleeve for the coaching spot? 
    But in the meantime we'll still contend for playoff a spot.
    Thanks for 4 great years guys.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

I love Delonte..I was sad to see him go the first time..I hope he stays for years to come. The guy plays with precision and passion every single game..even if his shot is off, he comes to play with defense...I just hope he comes back.... Question, how many years are left in Garnet, Allen and PP contract???  if they comeback, honestly, they should play coming from the bench...at least Garnet...or play 25 mins..let the young guys develop once and for all..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

In Response to Delonte West:
    [QUOTE]Lost in the sadness is the fact that Delonte West played a great game.  Hit big shots and he played some tough defense.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

Then was forgotten by Doc for a quarter and a half it seemed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Every person on the roster who could put the ball in the basket should have been on the floor.  Doc should have went deeper on the bench even if it was just to spell the core guys.

I like Krstic and feels with a training camp he will be productive.  I don't think everyone on the bench was used the best of their capability.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

He's been big off the bench hitting some key shots and playing touch defense.  Greene does some good things too, but I think both guys would contribute more with more minutes.  Why not?  Who thought JO would do as much as he is in the playoffs?  I think they need to play more of an inside out game with JO and KG as a focus down low, just pound the ball inside and play a different game.  Tires of seeing so many jump shots as a first look.  I think you win if you get more layups. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

They all played their guts out.

But Rondo bashers should be aware that Delonte made 3 of the 4 turnovers in overtime. None the less, he played hard and worked his tail off.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Sign Delonte and probably let BBD go as well.  Unless he is injured I am not sure he will ever play as well as he did this year. A great mystery his play.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigJoedaddyBoston. Show BigJoedaddyBoston's posts

D West played great!!!!  Needs more minutes!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Exactly Big Joe, he needs consistent healthy minutes to get a rhythm going and - who knows? - maybe in a couple years he's our next Ray Allen...  I feel like he's just started to hit his stride this series after a year of stop and go.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Except when he first entered the game and made the lazy pass to Rondo that led to steal and 3 point play followed up by the really bad entry pass that led to a fast break hoop.  5 points for the Heat in a few seconds - killed the momentum in the first period. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Yes, along with those turnovers and missed shots in overtime.  We know.  But he still did a LOT more good than harm.  A LOT.  Especially on defense.  If he wasn't healthy to play - or, more to the point, hadn't WILLED himself to play through an injured shoulder that the announcers said got a cortisone shot - we could have had a blowout or even worse, an even more overplayed Rondo with an elbow in even worse shape than it is now.