Dennis Rodman Bared His Soul

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Dennis Rodman Bared His Soul

Did you gain respect for Dennis Rodman after he gave his acceptance speech into the Basketball Hall of Fame?  Throughout, Rodman admitted his faults, frequently cried and talked about his very unstable life during his youth.  He also said that 'his often wild attire was an illusion and not his real self'.  He also said something to the effect, that 'the NBA put up with his antics because they knew he was good hearted in reality'.  Further, Rodman said that 'he was lucky the NBA let him in the building to be inducted'.  I, personally, gained more respect for Dennis, but if I had a son, I wouldn't want him telling me he wanted to grow up to be like Dennis Rodman.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Re: Dennis Rodman Bared His Soul

I like the Worm  on the court he was Sam Jones did all the lil things you need to win. Sam was much classier guy but I think worm loved the game and new his role and embraced it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Dennis Rodman Bared His Soul:
    [QUOTE]Did you gain respect for Dennis Rodman after he gave his acceptance speech into the Basketball Hall of Fame?  Throughout, Rodman admitted his faults, frequently cried and talked about his very unstable life during his youth.  He also said that 'his often wild attire was an illusion and not his real self'.  He also said something to the effect, that 'the NBA put up with his antics because they knew he was good hearted in reality'.  Further, Rodman said that 'he was lucky the NBA let him in the building to be inducted'.  I, personally, gained more respect for Dennis, but if I had a son, I wouldn't want him telling me he wanted to grow up to be like Dennis Rodman.  
    Posted by cavaliersfan[/QUOTE]

I definitely thought it was a very unusual speech.  Most players focus on their playing days and give credit to their teammates for their accomplishments.  I really didn't know what to conclude from his speech.  He was always a very different and unusual player, but he really was a great player.   He definitely deserves to be in the hall of fame. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In his way, he was praising those that supported him( mom, wife,  coaches), while confessing he hardly earned the love they gave him freely.

It is the ultimate honor to give your fame to those unkown to the general public by immortalizing them in a way with your acceptance speech.

It's no shock to anyone that he has emotional issues. It was hard to understand his point cause he was all messed up, so he was jumping all over trying to hit the marks he intended.

The thing you take from his career is perserverance(never give up), heart(courage,extra effort,toughness), extreme work ethic, and ultimate unselfishness(dirty work team player, no glory).
    Although losing his temper was self serving, he really lacked a lot of self-control, so it was not deliberate

His flaws you leave behind...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

Played the game to win, but man it looks like he fell into my tackle box. Congrats Dennis Rodman.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rbrock911. Show rbrock911's posts

Simply put, he wanted it more.  He was the best/smartest rebounder and defender I have ever seen.  I loved him getting inside of Karl Malone's head.  The ultimate role-player that did all of the intangible to get the "W".  I always had respect for him as a player and loved that he brought something unique and real to the game.  Off the court, he is obviously a mess, an emotional disaster waiting to happen - but he was always honest and a real person.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I gained respect for him through his speech and thought it was courageous. However he now has to follow through to live up to his words. If he continues to act like an idiot with his loved ones then he speech will mean nothing. But, it was pretty riveting stuff. 

On the court he was pretty incredible so that was never the issue. Agree with rbrock the way he got into Malone's head was amazing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

He was always entertaining and one of the all time great rebounders.