Did Phil just rip Kobe?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Did Phil just rip Kobe?

"The game got to a point where we didn't use our strengths, which is our inside players. Pau gets nine shots in the course of a game. Some of it is his own responsibility, but we didn't use that focus that we have in a ballgame... As a result [of not effectively using interior play], we get behind early in the third quarter on some stupid plays. Poor passing, poor transition defense, and then Kobe has to screw up the game and start energizing the team by going one on one. That takes the rest of the guys out, and as a consequence that didn't bring us back in, but it did give us a little run. We got the game back a little bit, but we couldn't sustain it. We just went right back and made the same mistakes again."

The more I read it, the more I think hes not criticizing Kobe but pointing to the fact Kobe had to go 1on1 to try to bring the Lakers back into the game. Phil's trying to say they had to leave the team concept cause they were getting killed  so Kobe's 1on1 was the only options left.

Too bad though, for a minute there I was loving Phil trashing Kobe lol.

Anybody else read it differently?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Re: Did Phil just rip Kobe?

Hmm...not very easy to know what exactly he's getting at. Must be a zen-style explanation. If he also coaches with these kind of statements I can see why they are struggling. So keep it up Phil!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Not sure what to think of Phil's comments.  Although, I am surprised that the Lakers are still losing games.  Do they have a lot of injuries? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Did Phil just rip Kobe?:
    [QUOTE]Not sure what to think of Phil's comments.  Although, I am surprised that the Lakers are still losing games.  Do they have a lot of injuries? 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

Guess Theo Ratliff means a lot to them. When Theo was playing the Lakers were 8-0. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

LOL! "When Theo was playing they were 8-0?" You kill me! You really like the guy who plays a small role. I bet you look at the Patriots and say that Woodhead is the key and disregard Brady. Too funny!

The Lakers are a tired team. They've played 3 straight finals. They will be fine in the long run.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]LOL! "When Theo was playing they were 8-0?" You kill me! You really like the guy who plays a small role. I bet you look at the Patriots and say that Woodhead is the key and disregard Brady. Too funny! The Lakers are a tired team. They've played 3 straight finals. They will be fine in the long run.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Guess you didn't catch the sarcasm in all that, huh?

You say Theo plays a small role? ARE YOU CRAZY? THEO RATLIFF IS ONLY AVERAGING 0.3 POINTS PER GAME, THAT'S SMALLER THAN SMALLER AND TINIER THAN THE TINIEST OF ROLES!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

How old are you?? I just don't think you know much about basketball. Sorry!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]How old are you?? I just don't think you know much about basketball. Sorry!

I don't know much about basketball? Tell me, who't the poster on this board that wants the Celtics to sign Mikki Moore?

Who's the guy here that wants BBD traded?

And who's the person here that said Argentina is in Europe?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Broken record again. Broaden your subject matter it's getting stale.

I want BBD traded before he walks with no compensation coming to the C's.

When did I say Argentina was in Europe??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Broken record again. Broaden your subject matter it's getting stale. I want BBD traded before he walks with no compensation coming to the C's. When did I say Argentina was in Europe??

DIDN'T YOU SAY YOU DIDN'T WANT CARLOS DELFINO BECAUSE HE'S A EURO?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I don't know where Delfino is from? Do you know where every NBA player is from??

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Did Phil just rip Kobe? : I would not put it past the Zen Master to have gone to Kobe and said "Listen, I'm going to do "X", but it just a way of trying to motivate the team.  You know Pau will cry if I criticize him and Mr. Kardasian may go on a reefer bender if I get on his case.  You're the only one that can take it".
    Posted by jallen3531[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know where Delfino is from? Do you know where every NBA player is from??

Almost all of them because I watch the NBA Draft every year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from champs08. Show champs08's posts

Watched most of the Lakers-Grizzlies game last night. The Grizzlies couldn't miss late in the third qtr. Best moment was when one of the Grizz announcers noticed that, "There goes Kobe one-on-five." Great comment and, yes, it was because the other Lakers were standing and watching.

NBA Channel commentator Steve Smith seems to think all the extra playoff games over the last few years is catching up with the Lakers. They sure don't seem to have the same fire-in-the-belly as before. Still would not count them out just yet!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I watched most of the second half. The Lakers don't have any legitimate excuses for getting blown out at home. All of their starting players and key bench players are healthy. All I can say is I hope it continues. I just wish Miami would start losing again.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

I think Phil made a comment last week after a loss and Kobe set an all time record for missing 13 shots on 13 posessions and Phil said, "I don't know what the guys were thinking, if I was on the floor I would have just stopped passing him the ball."  So, he does dig Kobe from time to time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from potging. Show potging's posts

new drama on lakers....don't be fool..i hate lakers

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]I watched most of the second half. The Lakers don't have any legitimate excuses for getting blown out at home. All of their starting players and key bench players are healthy. All I can say is I hope it continues. I just wish Miami would start losing again.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

More than Miami losing, I hope the Celts get healthy again soon so that we don't have to worry about other teams ....rather, they have to worry about us!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Don't you just love it when Kome decides that he does not have enough headlines, and feel like he has to prove that he is Michael Jordan.

I guess even Phil is finally getting tired of it. It's OK if Kome is Kome when they are winning, but Phil must feel that he has lost a step this year. Why else would dare to upset the "great Kome"?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Some people on this board make my 12 year old son sound very mature...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Ortiz,

Welcome back, I am glad that you were allowed back on the board.

Since your post was after mine, I guess that you meant me. I must be getting more youthful. My 12 year old grandson would appreciate your comment.