Did the Celtics soften up the Heat for Chicago?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Did the Celtics soften up the Heat for Chicago?

I really believe that the C's pounded the Heat to the point they don't have the same athletic, and youth advantage they had. They looked leg heavy to me which means that the tough series with the Celtics took a toll.  Will this change as the series continues? Maybe, but i really believe that Chicago is well suited to pound this three man team into submission. Im sure Doc and Thibbs had a good conversation as well. I just don't believe the heat have the bench to go all the way. All the teams remaining have youth and deeper athletic benches to call on when needed. It doen't look good for the Heat!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Re: Did the Celtics soften up the Heat for Chicago?

Good points Ortiz.  Kind of like how the Red Sox softened up the Yankees for the Marlins back in '03!  I like it!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Keep dreaming.. the C's really musta softened up the HEat taking them all the way to the 5th game.

Miami beat us and they didnt lose to the Bulls in game 1 cause of the Celtics... Will every loss the Heat have going forward be attributed to the Celtics and anytime the Heat win, its cause the Celtics toughened them up, right?  lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Did the Celtics soften up the Heat for Chicago?:
    [QUOTE]Good points Ortiz.  Kind of like how the Red Sox softened up the Yankees for the Marlins back in '03!  I like it!
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]

and the Rays in '08

Tampa Bay reacted to beating is as if they'd won the world series... then got dumped quick by the Phillies.

The attention craving super friends of Miami acted like they'd just won the championship when they were halfway there.

and it was a very emotional/physical series. Glad Chicago punk'd 'em

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

We soften up the Heat? We hardly laid a glove on them.

Try making the case that the mighty Knicks softened us up for the Heat instead. Equally ridiculous. 

But even if you could...... still no!

Considering that we got blown out by both of these teams with the regular season winding down, we were destined to be little more than a sparring partner for either in the PO.

Pud

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

You don't soften anyone up in 5 games! No what's happening is the Heat's main goal was to beat the Celtics....that was their championship. They cannot and will not generate that much energy to defeat the Bulls...they'll go out in 5. Beating the Cs was their season highlight.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Did the Celtics soften up the Heat for Chicago?:
    [QUOTE]I really believe that the C's pounded the Heat to the point they don't have the same athletic, and youth advantage they had. They looked leg heavy to me which means that the tough series with the Celtics took a toll.  Will this change as the series continues? Maybe, but i really believe that Chicago is well suited to pound this three man team into submission. Im sure Doc and Thibbs had a good conversation as well. I just don't believe the heat have the bench to go all the way. All the teams remaining have youth and deeper athletic benches to call on when needed. It doen't look good for the Heat!
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

It could be all of those things or it could be....

The Bulls have a much better center, a much younger and better powerforward, a much younger and better point guard, and a great defensive small forward.

Much younger, much more athletic than the Cs.  The Cs did not soften up the Heat.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I think the post interviews with Lebrons reveals, it was clearly an emotional draining series.(even for 5 games). I think it was both a physical and emotional toll that clearly had an effect in game 1. It will be interesting to see if this lingers or if Miami can recover. But how do you make adjustments to a bench that you don't have?? Some still refuse to give credit to the C's. Thats ok..as long as the heat continue to get pounded, that is all right with me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Atlanta toughened Chicago up; much as they did in 08 for the Celtics.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]I think the post interviews with Lebrons reveals, it was clearly an emotional draining series.(even for 5 games). I think it was both a physical and emotional toll that clearly had an effect in game 1. It will be interesting to see if this lingers or if Miami can recover. But how do you make adjustments to a bench that you don't have?? Some still refuse to give credit to the C's. Thats ok..as long as the heat continue to get pounded, that is all right with me.
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

If it was an emotionally draining 5 game series for the Heat, that's because of who the Celtics were, not because of who the Celtics presently are.

Far from it.

Pud

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I guess the Bulls should be overnighting bouquets of flowers to the Celtics for making the HEat so much easier to beat.   If not, someone should immediately fly to Chicago (I nominate Fiercest) and inform them of their good fortune.

I suppose if the BUlls win the title this year, they'll have to put an asterisk next to it in the history books

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

[QUOTE]I guess the Bulls should be overnighting bouquets of flowers to the Celtics for making the HEat so much easier to beat.   If not, someone should immediately fly to Chicago (I nominate Fiercest) and inform them of their good fortune. I suppose if the BUlls win the title this year, they'll have to put an asterisk next to it in the history books
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

LOL.
    Some of the threads here are pretty farfetched.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

here's a post from a chicago fan..interensting take on the heat..similar to some thoughts here.does anybody want the heat to win???
    QUOTE(#8):

Can't wait for the Bulls/Heatles matchup. Heatles put a lot of pressure on themselves w/ the over the top celebration against the C's. They acted like they already won the championship. The cocky attitude of LeChoke w/ his heavy breathing and his nostrils opening wide while staring at the camera was so arrogant. Kneeling and crying like he was Jordan when he won the championship. The C's were a team that was disoriented and lots of injuries. Those wins were nothing to brag about. If the C's were 100% then yes, you can pump your chest and act like you won the championship.

Same here, I think if Chicago can dominate the paint they have a good chance.

Read more: http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/284010-will-grizzlies-put-gay-on-market?sct=nba_t2_a13&eref=fromSI&eref=fromSI#ixzz1MXynxDqM

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

They might have s*ckered Miami into thinking that Chicago would be easy to beat because they tore the Celtics' defense to shreds

They found out the hard way that Chicago is deeper and more athletic than the Celtics, and I think they'll have a hard time adjusting on the fly

Chicago in 6 or less

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

The Heat seemed to recover from the beating they took in an epic 5 game Heat-Celtic "slugfest" series last week... and outplayed the Bulls at crunch time tonight to even the series.

No lasting effects on the Heat's Big Three.

Can't say the same for the C's.

Pud

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

They looked like a totally different team tonight..its actually pretty scary...also i think chicago got out coached..