Did the Lakers tank to avoid the Grizzlies and the Thunder?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Did the Lakers tank to avoid the Grizzlies and the Thunder?

They were lighting the world on fire for 10 games while the Spurs went on a 6 game losing streak.

Now the Spurs have to face a Grizzlies team that matches up defensively with anybody.  Assuming the Thunder take care of business, they'll face the winner of #1/#8

If they did tank to avoid the Grizzlies and Thunder, it was a smart move on the Lakers' part - their likely second round matchup is with a Dallas team that they've pants-ed on national television twice this year.

And no, the Hornets are not going to challenge them, even if the Lakers have nobody to cover Chris Paul.  There's simply nobody else on the Hornets.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Re: Did the Lakers tank to avoid the Grizzlies and the Thunder?

No, they did not tank. The Lakers lost to the Nuggets at the same time the Spurs finally won and they figured their longshot chance at the number one seed was history.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

If they did, someone forgot to tell them that the Hornets were their 1st playoff opponent.  They looked like they tanked that game as well....lol

Its gotta be discouraging when your frontcourt gets outplayed by the Hornets w/out West.

They will get by, but it wont be easy...this we already know.

I tell you what...Perk is gone, and I dont miss him really, but if we would find a way to get the other Gasol, I would take him.  He is shorter than Pau, but has a bigger frame, similar to Perk, but held his own offensively battling with Duncan, so although he is no Pau on offense, still much better than Perk and a defensive conerstone we could use..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Don't think so, but we'll never know.  Did the Celts "tank" last year?  I have to give  credit where it is due - Jackson's teams usually don't tank.  That is not his MO.  Actually, I think he plays his starters too much (39 mins for Fisher?) anyway.  NOH surprised them, they will get by, but every game NO wins is one more game this suddenly old looking team has to play!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

While I don't believe that the Lakers "tanked" I do believe that New Orleans was the most favorable opponent for LA. Says a bunch when LA still loses at home to arguably the weakest team in the playoffs.