Did the record distract the Celtics?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Did the record distract the Celtics?

Was happy with the win today as it restored a little bit of faith.

However am suprised with the win. We played great ball, but wondering if Ray Allen breaking the record may have put the minds of the Celtics players somewhere else and not on the game?

Not to create an excuse but it's plausable that it could have affected the mentality of the Celtics without them even knowing it.

Although from our standpoint it was a game we HAD to win. Proud of the game they played today.

Was certainly a lot of love for Ray Allen on display today as well. Have a lot of respect for Ray. He's a fine player and seems to be a fine man as well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Re: Did the record distract the Celtics?

I started planning a post on this subject last night.  I definitely think "the record" played a factor.

I took the liberty of quoting you in my thread, What Role "Emotion Played in Loss.

Congrats on your Laker's win.  It's a great rivalry, and it's so exciting when these two teams play.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Ray was not distracted. He came to play. It was KG who was afraid of getting his shot blocked when he got the ball inside the paint.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

I thought it was obvious that after the record was broken all the wind went out of the Celtic's sails. Too bad the game didn't end right there, because they had gotten off to a great start.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Well, maybe.  But I think it was a combination of LA starting to get on a roll, and the Celts' manpower shortage.

It mainly showed that the Lakers' top seven can beat the Celtics' top six.  Am not sure if they could beat the Celtics' top seven or eight, if healthy. :-)

Good win for you guys nonetheless.

cheers --

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

No,

It was being short handed. They could not play their game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Did the record distract the Celtics?:
    [QUOTE]No, It was being short handed. They could not play their game.
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime[/QUOTE]

Agreed!  Its not complicated, is it?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I think even though Ray had a good game, it had to affect him some what, going from being that high emotionally, to well that's over lets play ball, had to be some kind of a let down mentally!!  Very good post, i wonder how Ray would answer this question?

I don't think it distracted the other Celts though!!  We just lost to a very good Laker team!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Ray got into early foul trouble Pierce had the Flu and looked dead KG missed some easy shots Nate was injured and didnt return ......