Did U guys C this?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Did U guys C this?

I usually don't like posting "what ifs" or trade ideas, but I saw this and didn't see where anyone on here was talking about it. Saw this on Yardbarker.com as 2 possible "trade down" ideas for this years draft. The 1st trade idea featured the Wiz and Wolves. This one was the 2nd idea.

Trade #2 – Wizards trade 3rd pick and Trevor Ariza to Boston for Jeff Green and the 16th overall pick

The Celtics have to start thinking about their future without Paul Piece and Kevin Garnett. If they move up to the 3rd overall pick they could start drafting replacements for the future Hall of Famers. If drafting third, the Celtics would more than likely be up in the air between the same picks that Washington has their eyes on: Porter and Bennett. They would also get out from under Jeff Green’s contract in this scenario, have Trevor Ariza for a year, clear almost $8 million in cap space the following off-season all while adding a top three draft selection. If Danny Ainge wanted to part ways with Jeff Green, this could be a trade that would spark his interest.

For the Wizards, they would still be getting their pick and pop 4 man in Jeff Green. The former Georgetown product can also slide over the 3 spot when needed and would provide a good running mate with Wall and Beal. The downfall is the 16th pick. The Wizards would probably be looking at prospects to the likes of Muhammad, Shane Larkin, Kelly Olynyk, Reggie Bullock, or Glen Rice Jr. Would a combo of Jeff Green and one of those prospects be better than Porter or Bennett? That sure is a tough question, but you could certainly do worse.

I'm not sure I like this trade idea. Jeff has finally figured out his roll on this team (his own words) mid-season of this year. He's going to be a serious offensive threat for this team. Already plays good D. And he was a #5 pick himself. I don't know anything at all about this Porter or Bennett. Would you guys choose 1 of them (unproven @ the pro level), plus cap space, over Green?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

Re: Did U guys C this?

well I doubt that Green is being considered in any trades by Ainge.

but while I think Green will never be the offensive threat some here think, I am in the minority on that one today I beleive.

all that said, I would only do that trade:

1) if Len from Maryland is there AND my staff felt he was going to become one of the top Centers in the NBA in a few years ( Very Possible,IMO).

2) Pierce and KG were both coming back next year.

3) I could get Washington to take back Crawford for Barbosa (sign and trade of some type).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I wouldn't think that Danny would consider this trade.  Although, I did read that he was trying to move up in the draft.  To get an opportunity to move up you would have to give the team that you trade with a player that they want/need.  I don't think this trade would happen but I wouldn't be surprised if any current Celtics player is traded for an opportunity to move up in the draft. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skins and Heart. Show Skins and Heart's posts

Green is always at best a very good third option on a team. Showed some improvement offensively this season, and is a natural 3. Still peformed well at 4 in OKC which does show his versatility.

Year off didn't help his development. This year showed some good signs but still very inconsistent on offense. Maybe he will improve next season. Really ought to be starting for Boston at 3. With Pierce off the bench. 

Would not waste him at 4 just to get him the start. And I think if Pierce plays another season in Boston it should be off the bench. 

Would hold off trading him for at least a season just to see how he developes as as starter playing in his natural position. Also will help his cause if Rondo is back at the start of the season. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to Skins and Heart's comment:

Green is always at best a very good third option on a team. Showed some improvement offensively this season, and is a natural 3. Still peformed well at 4 in OKC which does show his versatility.

Year off didn't help his development. This year showed some good signs but still very inconsistent on offense. Maybe he will improve next season. Really ought to be starting for Boston at 3. With Pierce off the bench. 

Would not waste him at 4 just to get him the start. And I think if Pierce plays another season in Boston it should be off the bench. 

Would hold off trading him for at least a season just to see how he developes as as starter playing in his natural position. Also will help his cause if Rondo is back at the start of the season. 

As your avatar is right there - so was James Worthy (a third  option) - would the Celtics have benefited from having a Worthy?  Green is the closet they've had to that type of player; why do that trade?  Len has holes in his game that preclude him becoming an instant success.  There are other bigs who are more intriguing (to me - Adams for one) who also might need further development but might have a bigger upside.  James Worthy in his prime running with Rondo? That image brings Green's abilities into focus.