Did you see that new PG playing for OKC?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

Did you see that new PG playing for OKC?

Did you see that new PG playing for OKC in the game against Utah Jazz? His name is... Kendrick Perkins! Alley-oops, behind the backs, he can do it all! And i've heard that he's good on D as well! Oh, almost forgot! He's a 75% FT shooter!

I think the Celtics should acquire him ASAP! Smile

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Did you see that new PG playing for OKC?

8 million for 5 points but a very good defensive center, when you have 2 scorers capable of putting up 55-65 between then each night, is a non-issue

the rebound #'s are, and with perk always have been, disturbing tho. 5.6??? Here he was always around 7-8. He needs to be getting 9-11 boards a game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In Response to Re: Did you see that new PG playing for OKC?:
    [QUOTE]That Kendrick Perkins is being paid 8m per year and is only averaging 4.6 ppg and 5.6 rpg. I mean 8m per year for 5 points per game?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Just kiddingSmile It was just a pretty good game for him in terms of assists and i couldn't believe my eyes when i saw him running the floor that fast and then throwing an alley-oop to Westbrook in one play.
    Other than that he's not playing much better than JO for the Celtics.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

stop rubbing it in.. love the pick he set.. perk is  a WINNER.. no way DA makes that trade right now. give the man his $. yes he's a role player. to me u pay a perk, u just dont do it when he's OLD! a young focused perk should have been paid.. in retrospect!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

The reason perks rebounding numbers are down in OKC is that he has other players who rebound more actively.  If you watch perk, he always blocks out the big guy and doesn't break loose to go get the ball, even on offense.  He lets the active, monster of an athlete that is playing power forward go get the ball.  I think it would be an interesting statistic to compile the rebounding average of the opposing centers.  In other words, he does what the team needs to win.  OKC is a powerhouse.

The one missing piece for them is the backup PG (no it's not perk).  If they still had maynor they would be absolutely primed in every position.  I'm not sold on reggie jackson or whatever his name is.  Maynor was great for them and many times he outplayed westbrook.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

[QUOTE]stop rubbing it in.. love the pick he set.. perk is  a WINNER.. no way DA makes that trade right now. give the man his $. yes he's a role player. to me u pay a perk, u just dont do it when he's OLD! a young focused perk should have been paid.. in retrospect!
    Posted by CAPITALIST_AVENGER[/QUOTE]

It was a good trade regardless. There is not much difference in a young or old perk. it would be hard to imagine him running any slower or being any less athletic as he gets older. he is a player that doesnt really depend on athleticism. As he gets older, he may be a better player. May become better shooter and smarter overall

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]That Kendrick Perkins is being paid 8m per year and is only averaging 4.6 ppg and 5.6 rpg. I mean 8m per year for 5 points per game?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Im with Fierce on this one.. ive seen a lot of the Thunders game and I honestly havent seen Perk play well in any of them.... a lot of the centers minutes go to Nazi and Collison because Perk cant keep up wth the rest of the team.... he got way overpaid and Im glad it was not by the Cs..... he is actually the 2nd highest paid player on that team behind Durant and trust me he is far from the 2nd best player.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did you see that new PG playing for OKC? : Im with Fierce on this one.. ive seen a lot of the Thunders game and I honestly havent seen Perk play well in any of them.... a lot of the centers minutes go to Nazi and Collison because Perk cant keep up wth the rest of the team.... he got way overpaid and Im glad it was not by the Cs..... he is actually the 2nd highest paid player on that team behind Durant and trust me he is far from the 2nd best player.
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]

He is not even the second best center on that team and he was not even the best center in the trade that sent him there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I think that saying kristic was better than perk is going a bit too far.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]I think that saying kristic was better than perk is going a bit too far.
    Posted by cole-ely[/QUOTE]

It is a coin toss as far as I am concerned.  If Krstic spent 7 years in Boston as a stiff benefitting from whom he played with as Perkins did you would not be saying what you said..... 10 ppg., 5.5 boards, etc. over his career - is Perk markedly better than that?  Absolutely not.