Die Heart Boston fan admits...Lakers are the team to beat!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Re: Die Heart Boston fan admits...Lakers are the team to beat!!!

In Response to Re: Die Heart Boston fan admits...Lakers are the team to beat!!!:
    [QUOTE]I will never admit to the superiority of the Lakers!... You mean to tell me that these so called giants were taken to the seventh game last year by a bunch of old men? They were beaten until the old men ran out of gas, and the young center is the one who got hurt...two if you include Bynum...these old men held koby to 25% shooting..and walked through the East like nothing..yes, when they tire, they look old,(especially in b2bs) but when they play like they're capable, ie, playoffs, its a thing of beauty, which no other team can match, including the vaunted lakers. But i guess last year did't count. What happens when these Lakers face someone who is simply not intimidated by them? They blink. I'm sorry, but i saw fear in their eyes in game 7 last year. They were losing to a team with a 6 ft 8 in center!Who will be our third string center, IF the Oneil's are playing. The healthier team won last year, and the healthier team will win it again.This is exactly why Ainge, kept the Oneils  out for so long. He wants them ready to go, when it counts. Talk about short memories.  Rondo and BB are much better, Green will give us a new dimension, and shack will me extra motivated because it could be his last hurah. Anything we get out of the other Oneil is gravy. I don't see these guys going quietely into retirement just yet. Don't underestimate the heart of a champion, you could be surprised, again!
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

Thanks Rudy T. for the heart of a champion statement. There is only one problem with your hypothesis, the LAKERS are the current back to back champs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In Response to Re: Die Heart Boston fan admits...Lakers are the team to beat!!!:
    [QUOTE]Though the Lakers seem to be invincible at the moment, one key injury and Laker fans would be talking like many Boston fans--what coulda, woulda, shoulda, etc. I've been a fan of the Lakers since the 60s and boy did I suffer as a kid watching Boston win all of the battles. So as a young man in the 80s I was still a non-believer, always thinking worse case scenario, expecting the Lakers to falter in 1980 in particular. But low and behold, Magic Johnson was not about to let that happen. And that was a sparkling era for the Lakers even though Boston won a couple. As for Mondobello trashing the city of L.A., how does anyone try to respond to such ignorance. I have a homeless brother living in Frisco and there are a lot of seedy places, people in that city as well. That's the nature of urban America where far too many people only care about themsleves and not the community. The 80s Celtics taught the Bad Boy Pistons how to play rough and the Pistons taught the Jordan-led Bulls how to play physical to win. So the torch is always being handed to the next team, the next era. I put things in perspective because of history. For most NBA franchises, winning the title means everything. But for the Lakers, it's just icing on the championship cake. I just enjoy the ride when my team is winning and learn to disconnect when they play like crap, knowing that it could at any minute. No one can predict this year's outcome. I'll just enjoy the ride and realize that this is just a game with a couple of guys trying to put a ball in a hoop. If they win, so be it. If they lose, it happens. I'm not a fanatic but a pragmatist. I would encourage everyone not to become the "Taliban" fan of Sports. 
    Posted by rsalas67m[/QUOTE]

Mea culpa for anyone else reading this rebuttle as it does not deal with sports but to call someone ignorant when someone offers an opinion, in my opinion, is ignorant. AND WHO ASKED FOR YOUR COMMENTS, BUT YOU DID ELSE I WOULDN'T HAVE RESPONDED AND TO YOUR USE OF "FRISCO" EITHER.  It's a bit of a paradox, however, as you have made some sensible comments re: seediness, slums etc. in all cities, if Lakers have an injury they could be in trouble and when you closed you inferred it's only a game, not life and death as is happening around the world specifically in Japan and Libya for example. But come on, after a tourist sees Rodeo Drive & the Stars' homes in Beverly Hills & the beach towns, how can you compare to our attractions, lack of  Smog, maybe less sunshine & cooler temps but quaint hills, Cable Cars, Coit Tower, Fishermans' Wharf, the SF Bay, Golden Gate Park, Chinatown, NorthBeach etc. etc.  And within 1 hour to a couple, Marin County's Sausalito & Tiburon, then the wine country's Napa & Sonoma & in 2-3 hours depending upon driving down route 1, like the Amalfi drive in Italia, Carmel/Monterey & then farther south Big Sur.

Regarding "Frisco"...

Again, this is my opinion:

HERB CAEN, PULITZER PRIZE- WINNING SAN FRANCISCO COLUMNIST, HAD IT RIGHT AS HE WROTE:

"CARESS EACH SPANISH SYLLABLE, SALUTE OUR ITALIAN SAINT. DON'T SAY FRISCO AND DON'T SAY SAN-FRAN-CIS-CO. THAT'S THE WAY EASTERNERS, LIKE LARRY KING PRONOUNCE IT. I T'S MORE LIKE SANFRNSISCO."

WHEN PEOPLE, MOSTLY NOT FROM HERE,  TRUNCATE (NOT ABBREVIATE) SAN FRANCISCO TO "FRISCO" WE KINDA BLEMISH THE HISTORY AND THE EFFORTS OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE MADE THIS CITY GREAT BECAUSE "FRISCO"  WHICH IS, IN FACT, A CITY IN TEXAS DOESN'T REALLY TRANSLATE TO ANYTHING EXCEPT IT PERHAPS  SOUNDS COOL AND IT'S EASIER TO SAY THAN SAN FRANCISCO.  FOR INSTANCE, I WONDER IF THE LOCALS IN THESE CITIES WOULD APPRECIATE : 

SEATTLE - ATTLE
    LOS ANGELES - ANGELES
    BOSTON - STON
    HONOLULU - LULU
    SAN DIEGO - DIEGO

THUS, I FEEL, TRUNCATION DOESN'T WORK WITH MANY CITIES WHILE   ABBREVIATIONS WORK AS IT'S WIDELY EXPECTED: SF, LA, NY, KC ETC.

IN CLOSING, YES, SOMETIMES SAN FRANCISCO IS NOT THAT EASY TO SAY OR PEOPLE DON'T HAVE THE PATIENCE TO SAY (4 SYLLABLES)  BUT IT SHOULD BE SAID WITH PRIDE BECAUSE IT'S TRULY BEAUTIFUL HERE.

SORRY IF I APPEAR NOSEY BUT YOU DID MENTION IT AND WE ALL GET DOWN SOMETIMES IN OUR LIVES, BUT WHY DON'T YOU HELP YOUR HOMELESS BROTHER ???

CIAO FOR NOW....MANDOBELLO

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"unless WE HAVE SHAQ BACK, WE WILL NOT COMPETE WITH THE LAKERS"

But there is a pretty good chance Shaq WILL be back or have you not been paying attention? Plus, the same day as your doom and gloom post we find out Krstic's MRI came back negative, and that's more good news if we were to eventually go up against the Lakers. 

If it's ok with you, I'm going to stick with the Celts fans who are willing to cheer them on to the end rather than the entitled fans who are too spoiled to root for their team unless they are clearly better than the Lakers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Fun Stuff Mandobello (how does one pronounce that correctly by the way)...as a native Bostonian who has also lived in New York but is in neither now, I must say that when folks from San Francisco refer to it as "The City", well, I kinda laugh. I love SF and I love LA, but please, The City, we all know there is only one 'the city' here in the states and it's on the East Coast, has a perrenially crappy basketball team, and the Statue of Liberty.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Die Heart Boston fan admits...Lakers are the team to beat!!! : Mea culpa for anyone else reading this rebuttle as it does not deal with sports but to call someone ignorant when someone offers an opinion, in my opinion, is ignorant. AND WHO ASKED FOR YOUR COMMENTS, BUT YOU DID ELSE I WOULDN'T HAVE RESPONDED AND TO YOUR USE OF "FRISCO" EITHER.  It's a bit of a paradox, however, as you have made some sensible comments re: seediness, slums etc. in all cities, if Lakers have an injury they could be in trouble and when you closed you inferred it's only a game, not life and death as is happening around the world specifically in Japan and Libya for example. But come on, after a tourist sees Rodeo Drive & the Stars' homes in Beverly Hills & the beach towns, how can you compare to our attractions, lack of  Smog, maybe less sunshine & cooler temps but quaint hills, Cable Cars, Coit Tower, Fishermans' Wharf, the SF Bay, Golden Gate Park, Chinatown, NorthBeach etc. etc.  And within 1 hour to a couple, Marin County's Sausalito & Tiburon, then the wine country's Napa & Sonoma & in 2-3 hours depending upon driving down route 1, like the Amalfi drive in Italia, Carmel/Monterey & then farther south Big Sur. Regarding "Frisco"...   Again, this is my opinion: HERB CAEN, PULITZER PRIZE- WINNING SAN FRANCISCO COLUMNIST, HAD IT RIGHT AS HE WROTE: "CARESS EACH SPANISH SYLLABLE, SALUTE OUR ITALIAN SAINT. DON'T SAY FRISCO AND DON'T SAY SAN-FRAN-CIS-CO. THAT'S THE WAY EASTERNERS, LIKE LARRY KING PRONOUNCE IT. I T'S MORE LIKE SANFRNSISCO." WHEN PEOPLE, MOSTLY NOT FROM HERE,  TRUNCATE (NOT ABBREVIATE) SAN FRANCISCO TO "FRISCO" WE KINDA BLEMISH THE HISTORY AND THE EFFORTS OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE MADE THIS CITY GREAT BECAUSE "FRISCO"  WHICH IS, IN FACT, A CITY IN TEXAS DOESN'T REALLY TRANSLATE TO ANYTHING EXCEPT IT PERHAPS  SOUNDS COOL AND IT'S EASIER TO SAY THAN SAN FRANCISCO.  FOR INSTANCE, I WONDER IF THE LOCALS IN THESE CITIES WOULD APPRECIATE :  SEATTLE - ATTLE LOS ANGELES - ANGELES BOSTON - STON HONOLULU - LULU SAN DIEGO - DIEGO THUS, I FEEL, TRUNCATION DOESN'T WORK WITH MANY CITIES WHILE   ABBREVIATIONS WORK AS IT'S WIDELY EXPECTED: SF, LA, NY, KC ETC. IN CLOSING, YES, SOMETIMES SAN FRANCISCO IS NOT THAT EASY TO SAY OR PEOPLE DON'T HAVE THE PATIENCE TO SAY (4 SYLLABLES)  BUT IT SHOULD BE SAID WITH PRIDE BECAUSE IT'S TRULY BEAUTIFUL HERE. SORRY IF I APPEAR NOSEY BUT YOU DID MENTION IT AND WE ALL GET DOWN SOMETIMES IN OUR LIVES, BUT WHY DON'T YOU HELP YOUR HOMELESS BROTHER ??? CIAO FOR NOW....MANDOBELLO
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Celtics play-off rotation analysis:
    Back court - Rondo, Ray, Delonte, Wafer - that's a strong back court the way Delonte is playing it's basically three excellent starters for a 3-man rotation (Wafer is the back up)
    Front Court - power forward, KG, Baby - strong and complimentary skills, both need to be a little more involved in the low post area; small forward (Paul, Green) Green needs to learn the defensive rotations; center (Shaq, JO, Kristic) all three will be coming off injuries...
    Conclusion...it's all about the centers healing up and to a lesser (but still important) etent Green figuring out how to play in the Celtics rotational system.
    If the centers/Green situations come together, I would objectively take the Cs over any team in a 7 game series. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Beautifully said... and by the time I neared the end of your post I was coming to the same conclusion you did.  That is one phenomenal rotation!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

why dont you and Rico over there start your own fair weathered fan club...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

I enjoy sports but it doesn't control my emotional state. That's what becoming an adult is all about. Trashing cities, players, is ridiculous. What I consider extreme is when a poster prays that opposing players get injured.

In 2008 when Boston fans won the title and some of them prevented the Laker bus from leaving, surrounding it, throwing rocks and bottles at it, taunting the players inside, I thought this is crazy. But I didn't paint all Boston fans with a broad brush, believing that such behavior is typical of Bean Town. I know that there are always a few knuckleheads in a city. You saw some of the same behavior in L.A. when the some fools were starting fires and destroying property.

The NBA is a business. And its also about entertainment. A true fan appreciates the physical and mental skills that extraordinary athletes exhibit. It's a chess match that is dependent upon quality  players and refs interpreting rules that sometimes advantages one team over another.

As a Laker fan, an NBA fan, I understand the shortcomings of the game. Human beings are fallible. I'm not going to hate or despise Boston fans, San Antonio fans, Chicago fans become I'm from L.A. I just want to see my team win. But if the Lakers lose, I'll appreciate what the team contributed throughout the year and hope they do better the next season.

I watched the recent Spurs-Celtics game and it was great basketball to watch. I thought, look at how the Celtics execute their offense, like a well-oiled machine. And man, Rondo when he is on, he is seemingly unstoppable. And I appreciate that talent level even though I'm a Laker fan.

So lets have some fun, cheer for our team and hope that no one gets injured, no ref affects the outcome, and enjoy the competition. Laker fan all the way until I die.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]I will never admit to the superiority of the Lakers!... You mean to tell me that these so called giants were taken to the seventh game last year by a bunch of old men? They were beaten until the old men ran out of gas, and the young center is the one who got hurt...two if you include Bynum...these old men held koby to 25% shooting..and walked through the East like nothing..yes, when they tire, they look old,(especially in b2bs) but when they play like they're capable, ie, playoffs, its a thing of beauty, which no other team can match, including the vaunted lakers. But i guess last year did't count. What happens when these Lakers face someone who is simply not intimidated by them? They blink. I'm sorry, but i saw fear in their eyes in game 7 last year. They were losing to a team with a 6 ft 8 in center!Who will be our third string center, IF the Oneil's are playing. The healthier team won last year, and the healthier team will win it again.This is exactly why Ainge, kept the Oneils  out for so long. He wants them ready to go, when it counts. Talk about short memories.  Rondo and BB are much better, Green will give us a new dimension, and shack will me extra motivated because it could be his last hurah. Anything we get out of the other Oneil is gravy. I don't see these guys going quietely into retirement just yet. Don't underestimate the heart of a champion, you could be surprised, again!
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]
    I also saw the fear in the Laker's eyes as well as in the eyes of their fans in that game 7. They got bailed out by poor officiating. They are paper champions. Why these fools come on here and gloat is beyond me. I would personally be embarrassed and give all the credit to the Celtics who were not given a chance by the experts yet were robbed of a title. It is easy to forget after all this time has passed but the entire basketball world (outside of a few purposely blind Laker fans) was up in arms about the shame that was last year's Finals. Boston was robbed of an 18th title and we were all robbed of one of the grittiest performances seen in a playoff run by an aging and injury plagued team. Strange that in '08 we saw the first 6 game sweep (I am still amazed by that 49 point Celtic win over LA in game 6!) and last year we saw the complete robbery of the Boston Celtics.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Guyfromtex, that is SO well said.  I think I've expressed earlier in this thread how I feel about gloating, but to do it under those circumstances is just classless and stupid.  After all that, we deserve #18 this year.  If we can just stay healthy and bring our intensity to every playoff game... It will take even more grit than before, but it would be sweeter than any other championship we've won.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]Guyfromtex, that is SO well said.  I think I've expressed earlier in this thread how I feel about gloating, but to do it under those circumstances is just classless and stupid.  After all that, we deserve #18 this year.  If we can just stay healthy and bring our intensity to every playoff game... It will take even more grit than before, but it would be sweeter than any other championship we've won.
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]

Hello Ms. Lithium, I am a little surprised to see you on here. You have proven yourself to be a great Celtic fan. As for me, I don't just believe that Boston deserves #18, I believe that Boston will win #18 and let me tell you why. Shaq will be back. I believe that he would have been playing already if we were already in the playoffs. While the trades that Ainge made did disrupt the chemistry that Boston had he did increase depth of the team (though I didn't like him giving Erden away). Shaq has not played in a while but when he did Boston was crushing everybody. The great thing is that Boston does not need him to play many minutes. JON has returned. Like Shaq, Boston does not need many minutes from him either. Krstic will return. The LA Lakers, Oklahoma, and Chicago are in my opinion the biggest threat to Boston winning another title.  From what I have seen from the Lakers they have a great weakness in guarding the perimeter. Boston is loaded with guys that can spread their defense: Pierce, Allen, Green, West, Wafer, Arroyo (Murphy?), Krstic, and Davis. Throw Shaq into the mix and it's just enough for Boston to draw a match w/LA at the 5. KG has had another year to recover from his knee injury and should draw a match w/Gasol. Green will kill Odom and/or Artest. I like Boston's chances against them. Oklahoma doesn't play defense. Chicago is weak in the middle and at the 2. Provided that Shaq returns I believe that Boston will win another title this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

This Rico dude smells like a troll...he hides behind his claims of objectivity.....If you expect fans to not have on green glasses on a CELTICS board then try ESPN or FOX or some other non-team oriented site.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

jdm,
    Rico is obviously a laker troll thinking he is putting over something on Celtic fans. He actually doesn't think he is getting away with it. He thinks it is cool to be making stupid poss as a Celtic fan and letting his Laker trolls all share a laugh in their two bedroom apt. where all five of them live.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnboy008. Show johnboy008's posts

Hope i am wrong, but yes Lakers seem to have all the pieces to make another championship run. There bigs are younger and healthier than Bostons, Shaq will be gasping for air (after his 10 week lay-off) trying to keep up with Mr. Odom, Bynum, and Gasol, but wait, I don't see them getting that far anyway! We should be so lucky, that we will be saved that fate by Bulls,Heat, or any team of substance whom knocks us out earlier this go round. Hard to figure these guys lately, they slowly drain the 24 sec. clock( dribble, pass, dribble, pass, dribble,pass,pass,pass ,finally shoot) with one long distant shot, and are not even close to getting a rebound for the second chance basket, painful to watch,,, am i wrong?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

The lakers look as good as any West Coast team!  OKC looks pretty good as well!

I gotta say that truthfully, I think the Bulls are the team to beat.  If the Celtics or Heat make it past them, they'll have a real good chance at taking the title.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

These comments are true and have been stated over and over here but you have to factor in last year.  We may end up being better.  You'll just have to wait and see.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

[QUOTE]It's "Die Hard" not "Die Heart". Review your English 101 notes. Your Cs are cooked. 2nd round elimination. Maybe 1st if you play Sixers. The team is old. Period! And Shaq is 40. If you're resting your hopes on him forget it.
    Posted by Beat-Boston[/QUOTE]

you know the only way the lakers won game 7 was because of Pau Gasol's 11 something rebounds whhen Rasheed Wallace was trying to box out him. Now we got Jermaine and kristic. Don't worry. I'll get you some tissues for the finals 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

A team that is the back to back champs should be the team to beat.

They set the bar and we have to exceed it. Thats fine as we have the talent to do so and their is a good chance they do not make it out of the West

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Die Heart Boston fan admits...Lakers are the team to beat!!! : Hello Ms. Lithium, I am a little surprised to see you on here. You have proven yourself to be a great Celtic fan. As for me, I don't just believe that Boston deserves #18, I believe that Boston will win #18 and let me tell you why. Shaq will be back. I believe that he would have been playing already if we were already in the playoffs. While the trades that Ainge made did disrupt the chemistry that Boston had he did increase depth of the team (though I didn't like him giving Erden away). Shaq has not played in a while but when he did Boston was crushing everybody. The great thing is that Boston does not need him to play many minutes. JON has returned. Like Shaq, Boston does not need many minutes from him either. Krstic will return. The LA Lakers, Oklahoma, and Chicago are in my opinion the biggest threat to Boston winning another title.  From what I have seen from the Lakers they have a great weakness in guarding the perimeter. Boston is loaded with guys that can spread their defense: Pierce, Allen, Green, West, Wafer, Arroyo (Murphy?), Krstic, and Davis. Throw Shaq into the mix and it's just enough for Boston to draw a match w/LA at the 5. KG has had another year to recover from his knee injury and should draw a match w/Gasol. Green will kill Odom and/or Artest. I like Boston's chances against them. Oklahoma doesn't play defense. Chicago is weak in the middle and at the 2. Provided that Shaq returns I believe that Boston will win another title this year.
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

Love your post!  Yes, I agree with you, and the Celtics certainly gave us reason to believe tonight.  All we need to do is get Shaq back to full health and play Celtics basketball.  What a difference he made in his short time tonight, and what a difference Jermaine has made as well!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

Dobe Bryant is playing with sandpaper between his knees...in game 7 last year, he had to have jumper cables to leave the court....KG is sooooo much healthier this year and can ratchet it up for the play offs....I see us taken the lakers in 5 games in BOSTON....AGAIN....READY FOR A GARDEN PARTY!!!  CHICKEN DINNER....NOOOOOO CELTIC DINNER!