Difference between the 1980's Lakers and the 21st Century Lakers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike1986. Show Mike1986's posts

Difference between the 1980's Lakers and the 21st Century Lakers

Anyone besides me think the 1980's Lakers had a lot more class than the 21st century Lakers do?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Re: Difference between the 1980's Lakers and the 21st Century Lakers

Definitely.  Not even close.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Re: Difference between the 1980's Lakers and the 21st Century Lakers

I really like Pau, Fisher and Luke from our current team. Ron Ron is a character, I'll give him that. But Pau is just a classy individual. I'll defend him every time.

Loved the Shaq years in L.A. He's chiefly responsible for the three-peat, not Bryant. Seriously was a force to be reckoned with in those days, was the high point of his career. Which has been on a steady decline since he left L.A. Yes he won a championship in Miami but he wasn't the player he was previously.

Never saw the 80's players live. Only on DVD and VHS. Certainly would have beaten any of the current L.A. Champion teams. They had their rouges in their house as well. I do think we look at the past with rose coloured glasses at times.

However they did appear to be a classier bunch of guys. Will always love Big Game James, Magic, A.C., Coop, Byron Scott and Kareem. Kareem for just being himself you know. He comes across as a well rounded guy. That line up with any mix of reserves would defeat any of todays NBA teams.

Plus they looked good in their shorts.  Laughing