Dirk - Warrior or Pansy?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Re: Dirk - Warrior or Pansy?

In Response to Re: Dirk - Warrior or Pansy?:
    [QUOTE]So Dirk is a warrior now because he had a great close to a game? Posted by Tayshawn[/QUOTE]

Actually, No! Dirk is a warrior cause he is doing what he has done yesterday for years now. He has done it in RS games and in the play-offs. Just look back at the conference finals. It is not an opinion, it is a fact, proven by statistics posted here in this forum several times. If you wouldn't watch Lakers games only you should also have recognized that. Dirk is far more clutch than Kobe, which of course is no surprise as Kobe is one of the worst clutch performers in the league (also proven by facts not opinions). 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

gasthoerer - - "He has done it in RS games and in the play-offs. Just look back at the conference finals. It is not an opinion, it is a fact,"
    --------------------------------------
    Really, because his teams have looked pretty bad in the playoffs with the exception of 2006 when they choked and this year. Hmmmmm.... btw, great facts that you presented and did not back up with anything.  LOL

Cool

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]Really, because his teams have looked pretty bad in the playoffs with the exception of 2006 when they choked and this year. Hmmmmm.... btw, great facts that you presented and did not back up with anything.  LOL
    Posted by Tayshawn[/QUOTE]

Well,
    the Mavs with Dirk as their single star player performed much better than the lakers with Kobe as their only star! Do you need proof for that too, or do you know the history of your team?

If you wouldn't only start meaningless threads and read some of the others, than you would have found the proof your are seeking. It was mentionend here several times. But well, just for you, I google 10 seconds:

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/1/12/1925915/kobe-bryant-carmelo-anthony-derrick-rose-clutch

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/1/12/1925915/kobe-bryant-carmelo-anthony-derrick-rose-clutch

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dirk - Warrior or Pansy? : Well, the Mavs with Dirk as their single star player performed much better than the lakers with Kobe as their only star! Do you need proof for that too, or do you know the history of your team? If you wouldn't only start meaningless threads and read some of the others, than you would have found the proof your are seeking. It was mentionend here several times. But well, just for you, I google 10 seconds: http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/1/12/1925915/kobe-bryant-carmelo-anthony-derrick-rose-clutch http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/1/12/1925915/kobe-bryant-carmelo-anthony-derrick-rose-clutch
    Posted by Gasthoerer[/QUOTE]

LOL Laughing

Great wealth of information. And yes, comparing Dirk and Kobe is hilarious. You probably also believe paula pierce when he states that he is the best player in the world?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I wonder how many Lakers Mitch would trade to get his hands on Dirk?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dirk - Warrior or Pansy? : LOL Great wealth of information. And yes, comparing Dirk and Kobe is hilarious.

Before you can bring some better ones, these are the facts. You can moan and cry but that won't change it. But you are right on this one: It is insane to compare Dirk and Kobe at this stage of their careers, cause Dirk is MUCH better right now and he already was better in clutch situations for years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Its hard to compare great players and tag someone a warrior  when most players are unique and bring their own something to the game.

When I think of warrior (in the NBA sense), it brings an image of not only the guy diving for balls, being physical, not beingintimidated...but especially the guy tyhat takes on the challenge when most others wouldnt... whether that be due to injury or scoring, rebounding...taking the big shot etc.

Dirk brings an offensive game thats basically unstoppable unless you double/triple team him... hes a pretty good passer and adequate in the other areas... he also steps up and takes the big shots or carrys the team to wins over the course of years now... hes an elite player without doubt. 

I dont view Dirk as a warrior in the Larry Bird sense. Everyone has a bit of warrior in them but to certain degrees.. In regards to Bird, he was a warrior of the first degree... I know this is cliche but I believe he did WILL his team to many big wins... he took on the burden whatever it was.... to win..

How many players do you know...that when the game is on the line (not only the last shot but just say the 4th quarter in general)  you feel that sense of comfort its gonna get done... somehow... some way???

larry Bird was that guy... tore up back...smashed head... didnt matter... we knew if it took diving for a ball, fighting kareem for a board... forging a comerback...whatever... we knew Larry was gonna get us there..

Not to many players I feel that way about... MJ was one, so was Magic (unfortunately lol)... We knew these guys would somehow make us win (or get real close) just about EVERY SINGLE TIME... not just a game here or there...

So for me, I wouldnt compare Dirk to Larry... and it has nothing to do with titles even.. Dirk has basically one general way of getting his team to win... Larry had many....and used all whenever necessary sucessfully... over a long period of years and great sacrifice to his body many times... and he drove his team to come for the ride...demanding they pull their weight..

A special, special player, just like MJ & Magic... not many belong in that category and I cant put Dirk up there near those guys, although I love his game and am rooting for him

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]I see the typical beantown mantra of bandwagon jumping is still at work. So Dirk is a warrior now because he had a great close to a game? This series is far from over from what I have seen so far. And from what every other knowledgeable NBA insider is saying, it was not so much a maverick comeback as it was a heat collapse. Maybe if Dirk gets a ring this year, then I will change my mind, but up until this years playoffs (13 years to judge) I still consider him to be soft minded and weak.

Yea and if KOME had scored the last nine points it would still be headlines on ESPN.  Mamba this and mamba that.  Of course KOME is going to shoot the last 15 times of any close game and hit his usual 15% and somehow be call clutch.  Fantasy land in LA.  BTW if Dirk had played with the Shaq man he would have 3 titles and KOME may not have any.  We really don't know how tough the Mavs are this year since only two teams could beat them in the West.  Then they swept a heartless team from Fakerland.  HAHAHA.  I heard Kome still thinks they can win that series.  Heard he had annother trip sceduled to the Rocky Mountains.   KOME is like Horry,  right place right time. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from donquique. Show donquique's posts

I do not know why people called Euro's soft. The people that call Euro's soft obviously do not watch a  lot of international basketball. If they were so soft. then why the hell USa got beaten down in many international basketball competitions since 1992? Lay down the pipe, Gasol is not soft and Dirk is not soft.

And I hate the Lakers but facts are facts (with the exception of Sasha Vujacic = charmin soft)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Warrior

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Gasthoerer - "It is insane to compare Dirk and Kobe at this stage of their careers, cause Dirk is MUCH better right now and he already was better in clutch situations for years."
    -----------------------------------

Yes, he was absolutely incredible last night... I mean that shot at the buzzer to tie the game up and all..... Oh yeah, he missed...  Surprised

LMAO

Cool

silly celtic fans

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from donquique. Show donquique's posts

Tayshawn, you need to go back to kindergarden. Dirk is shooting 70 percent from 3 in  the 4th quarter. How much does Kobe shoot?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]absolutely incredible last night... I mean that shot at the buzzer to tie the game up and all..... Oh yeah, he missed...  LMAO silly celtic fans

Ouh, the real warrior is you right? Hiding under a stone for 2 days, when running out of arguments! Dirk scored the last 12 (!) points of his team, when they were down all game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dirk - Warrior or Pansy? : Ouh, the real warrior is you right? Hiding under a stone for 2 days, when running out of arguments! Dirk scored the last 12 (!) points of his team, when they were down all game.

Actually, you will rarely see me on this blog during any weekend, as I typically get out and enjoy life. Arguing with you is like taking candy from a baby. Anyone that wants to compare Kobe and his many championship rings to a ringless german has already lost. I mean that is like paula pierce claiming to be the greatest player of all time after obtaining 1 ring.  Laughing Thanks for playing though. Tongue out

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE] Anyone that wants to compare Kobe and his many championship rings to a ringless german has already lost. Posted by Tayshawn[/QUOTE]

Oh, now I get it, that is your first and single argument: Kobe has 5 rings!
    Wow, so the best player to ever play the game is Russell and the best laker ever to play the game is ... Robert Horry. Here we go! Well, I still rather have Karl Malone in my team, than Horry but everyone got his opinion, right?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Gasthoerer - I am not wasting anymore time with this ludacris argument of Kobe versus dirk.  Look at rings, look at career points, look at 81 point games, look at consecutive 50 point games, look at defensive first teams, and then talk to me. Oh yeah, you have that stat about being clutch...  LMAO  Laughing

Now if you want to talk about a comparison of dirk versus the tin man in the wizard of oz, I might take you up on that considering they are both heartless. Surprised 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Still waiting for an argument besides "5 rings" why Kobe is better than Dirk this year or is a better clutch shooter!

I'm not saying Kobe is bad at all. He is (was) a great player, a good defender and I admire his work ethic. BUT: He is not clutch at all and he was never able to take a team on his back when there was no other star around. These are the facts and they are well know and proven here several times.

Until you don't come with more than "5 rings" that I really waste my time with you.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

[QUOTE]Still waiting for an argument besides "5 rings" why Kobe is better than Dirk this year or is a better clutch shooter! I'm not saying Kobe is bad at all. He is (was) a great player, a good defender and I admire his work ethic. BUT: He is not clutch at all and he was never able to take a team on his back when there was no other star around. These are the facts and they are well know and proven here several times. Until you don't come with more than "5 rings" that I really waste my time with you.

Oh, I get it, you are referring to this year. Even paula pierce won a title in 2008.  LOL - -wow!!

"BUT: He is not clutch at all" - ding, ding, ding, dumbest quote EVER winner!! 

Tell me a championship team that did not have at least 2 stars?  And I can only assume that you think Pau is a star? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dirk - Warrior or Pansy? : Oh, I get it, you are referring to this year. Posted by Tayshawn[/QUOTE]

Yeah, like I wrote before, I was referring to this year, when I said: Dirk is much better than Kobe.

[QUOTE]He is not clutch at all" - ding, ding, ding, dumbest quote EVER winner!!  Posted by Tayshawn[/QUOTE]

Well, we all have seen the facts, denial doesn't help.

[QUOTE]Tell me a championship team that did not have at least 2 stars?  Posted by Tayshawn[/QUOTE]

Two mistakes in own sentence, that must be your new record.
    1. I can mention one team with a single star: The Rockets with Hakeem as they won their first championship in the 90s.
    2. You think it needs 2 players to win a Championship and take this as an excuse for Kobe but call Dirk a Pansy as he had much more succes than Kobe without a second star on his side. A bit hypocritical, isn't it?

Well, seems like you don't read my posts, don't know anything about the history of the NBA and your logic is (to say it in a nice way) delusional. I leave you on this one, troll on.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dirk - Warrior or Pansy? : Yeah, like I wrote before, I was referring to this year, when I said: Dirk is much better than Kobe. Well, we all have seen the facts, denial doesn't help. Two mistakes in own sentence, that must be your new record. 1. I can mention one team with a single star: The Rockets with Hakeem as they won their first championship in the 90s. 2. You think it needs 2 players to win a Championship and take this as an excuse for Kobe but call Dirk a Pansy as he had much more succes than Kobe without a second star on his side. A bit hypocritical, isn't it? Well, seems like you don't read my posts, don't know anything about the history of the NBA and your logic is (to say it in a nice way) delusional. I leave you on this one, troll on.

Kobe Bryant - 2010-11 Season

PPGAPGRPGPER

Dirk Nowitzki - 2010-11 Season

PPGAPG RPGPER
    23.02.6        7.0 23.52

Once again, you are way off and wrong as usual. Enjoy these stats for this year. Laughing

As far as being clutch, tell me what happened to dirk last night? Surprised

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

gasthoerer, are you googling for some more clutch stats?   LOL

There is a reason why Kobe is called the best closer in the game, and your clutch stats are not it.  Tongue out

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Wrong as usual? Is that all you can do?
    Guess that you have just forgotten to post the fg/3pt/ft % of both players for the season?
    Kobe:
    Dirk:
    That will make the stats you shown before at least equal but I still give you the favor of doubt.

So lets have a look at the PO statistics (and to your favor again we forget that Dallas SWEPT the Lakers):
    Kobe:
     MPGFG%3p%FT%OFFDEFRPGAPGSPGBPGTOPFPPG
    Dirk:

Tell me honestly: Who was the better player this year?

I help you again: It is the guy who scored 15 points in the last quarter. The last 12 of his team (which was trailing the entire time) with an incredible shooting %.
    The guy who had almost no help at all from his teammates on a team with the second best scorer and perimeter defender not able play a single minute in the play-offs. A guy in a team that played worse than the cavs in RS after Dirk went down.

Case closed!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

gasthoerer, your argument is a lost cause for you because you state off the wall things like "I was referring to this year, when I said: Dirk is much better than Kobe." - And then I prove you wrong with their overall PER ratings.

or "He is not clutch at all" when just last year 2009-2010 season, he made 6 game winning shots versus, heat, celtics, raptors, bucks, kings, and grizzlies.

So, as I stated before, you are the one making dumb comparisons that anyone with the exception of jtkl or fiercest34 could easily combat and prove wrong. I see you are still harping on this 1 game by dirk, but guess what,, he is still no Kobe and never will be. Heck, Terry Teagle had some fantastic games back in the day, but he was still was no MJ. Laughing