Doc and Danny

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolfamily66. Show coolfamily66's posts

Doc and Danny

If Doc is such a bad coach, why do opposing announcers(besides the Spurs announcers) and the national announcers, along with other coaches and any "sports tv personal" readily praise Doc as being the second best coach in the league? Pop isnt available so who would you want in Docs place? As fas as Danny goes, he and Doc built a champion that is competetive every year! Remember when we couldnt sniff the playoffs? EVERY GM makes good and bad decisions. EVERY ONE!! I will take Danny and Doc over almost anyone in the league right now

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Doc and Danny

In response to coolfamily66's comment:

If Doc is such a bad coach, why do opposing announcers(besides the Spurs announcers) and the national announcers, along with other coaches and any "sports tv personal" readily praise Doc as being the second best coach in the league? Pop isnt available so who would you want in Docs place? As fas as Danny goes, he and Doc built a champion that is competetive every year! Remember when we couldnt sniff the playoffs? EVERY GM makes good and bad decisions. EVERY ONE!! I will take Danny and Doc over almost anyone in the league right now

Because the entire NBA family just doesn't "get it" on the Doc subject.   Everyone thinks DA has done a bad job.  Of course none of us know what he could have actually done,  what the other teams wanted in order for us to get a player we wanted.  They probably wanted us to give up the farm.  I guess DA should have done that.  Then we would complain about him giving up to much.  Geez we complained about signing Green to a contract.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolfamily66. Show coolfamily66's posts

So the entire NBA family just doesnt get it, but us Celtic fans do? That a pretty lame statement! Suggesting that only Celtic fans know whats up? We have absolutely no clue who was offered for who, or how Doc coaches in practice, or pretty much anything that goes on behind closed doors. We can get some info from local beat writer, but even they only know half of whats really going on

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Its called... "Happy Talk."

Deviate from it and you are toast.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Wrong. Id take the King's GM and ownership any day of the week over DA and Wyc.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolfamily66. Show coolfamily66's posts

Oh yeah, the Kings are such a great team! When was the last time they were in the playoffs?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

that was a joke ... just like the Kings Management

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolfamily66. Show coolfamily66's posts

LOL!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolfamily66. Show coolfamily66's posts

Well, I for one am very happy to have Doc and Danny at the helm! I am also very happy to have an owner like Wyc! If we would have had the current ownership earlier than we did, we would have not been so bad for so long. That is the only reason w were bad and the Fakers were good. They had consistant, good ownership and we didnt!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Well, I for one am very happy to have Doc and Danny at the helm! I am also very happy to have an owner like Wyc! If we would have had the current ownership earlier than we did, we would have not been so bad for so long. That is the only reason w were bad and the Fakers were good. They had consistant, good ownership and we didnt!

Agree with you about the owners.  The current owners really care about winning Although, the deaths of Bias and Lewis really hurt the Celtics organization for many years. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Kind of an odd theory to base competence on... what TV announcers say..  Gee, who can argue with that logic??

Let's turn this around a little bit and pose the question to you..  WHat TV announcer, other coaches or other sports "personal"(??) have you ever heard discuss an NBA coach and say he was horrible????

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolfamily66. Show coolfamily66's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Kind of an odd theory to base competence on... what TV announcers say..  Gee, who can argue with that logic??

Let's turn this around a little bit and pose the question to you..  WHat TV announcer, other coaches or other sports "personal"(??) have you ever heard discuss an NBA coach and say he was horrible????

Wilbon, Kornheiser, Magic, Cellini, Barkley, Brent Barry, Van Gundy, D Scott,  Every one of these announcers have forgotten more on BB than most of us have ever known! And I have heard ALL of these men extole the virtures of Docs coaching and Dannys management. Are you really saying you have not heard Barkley or Van gundy call out a coach or gm/owner? I just heard Magic the other night say how horrible Dantoni was at communicating with big men and that he was not good at calling plays after time outs. Vince Cellini was just saying how bad Kevin Mchale was in dealing with personality issues and how that led to the whole Joe Smith debacle. These are just a couple examples from the last week.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JG9000. Show JG9000's posts

Wilbon, Kornheiser, Magic, Cellini, Barkley, Brent Barry, Van Gundy, D Scott,  Every one of these announcers have forgotten more on BB than most of us have ever known! And I have heard ALL of these men extole the virtures of Docs coaching and Dannys management. Are you really saying you have not heard Barkley or Van gundy call out a coach or gm/owner? I just heard Magic the other night say how horrible Dantoni was at communicating with big men and that he was not good at calling plays after time outs. Vince Cellini was just saying how bad Kevin Mchale was in dealing with personality issues and how that led to the whole Joe Smith debacle. These are just a couple examples from the last week.

the true test is what the great ex Celtics player's think about the direction of this team. Russel. Cousy.KC. Sam Jones. Sanders. Heinsohn. Havlicek. Cowens. Silas. JoJo white. Bird. McHale. Parish. doesn't matter what the outsiders think.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I just heard Magic the other night say how horrible Dantoni was at communicating with big men and that he was not good at calling plays after time outs. Vince Cellini was just saying how bad Kevin Mchale was in dealing with personality issues and how that led to the whole Joe Smith debacle. These are just a couple examples from the last week.

I think we can safely say that doc may be a better coach than McHale and Dantoni.

So what?

Pud

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to JG9000's comment:

the true test is what the great ex Celtics player's think about the direction of this team. Russel. Cousy.KC. Sam Jones. Sanders. Heinsohn. Havlicek. Cowens. Silas. JoJo white. Bird. McHale. Parish. doesn't matter what the outsiders think.

Actually my true test is what I think.

Pud

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

In response to JG9000's comment:

Actually my true test is what I think.

Pud

Same.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Doc is a good coach but a great guy who is media savy and counts most of the coaches in the NBA as his good friends. I think it's helped that he's been on the sidelines for TNT and in studio for NBC because he understands what the media wants and can fulfil their needs.

On that note, Danny Ainge is also media savy and worked for TNT, so that's probably why you never hear what a terrible coach he was in PHX. Also, Van Gundy calls everyone a great coach at least once during a game and even got his old assistant Thibbideau a head coaching job after mentioning how great he was on virtually every telecast.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Funny that your dilute your own opinion in favor of an announcer or other player. Means your post should be taken in the same light.

So Barkley et al should supplant anyone elses opinion cause they played the game?? Peopl elike you are pathetic..honestly.  This is how all these rotten politicians get elected, people like you that cant think for themselves...

Also, calling out a coach for as aspect of their style isnt saying they're a horrible coach...  try staying on topic.. Ive heard Tommy many times question things Doc was doing or why he benched certain players... many, many times... that dont mean he thinks Docs a terrible coach.. So stop with the 'I heard someone say something bad about a coach'.... pure horse....

Very rare you'll see a regular on TV etc  come out and point the finger to say HES A BAD COACH..list all the exceptions youre aware of.... but my list of those same people saying others are very good coaches runs a mile long... WHY>??  if I need to explain this to you, you're already a lost cause

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Funny that your dilute your own opinion in favor of an announcer or other player. Means your post should be taken in the same light.

So Barkley et al should supplant anyone elses opinion cause they played the game?? Peopl elike you are pathetic..honestly.  This is how all these rotten politicians get elected, people like you that cant think for themselves...

Also, calling out a coach for as aspect of their style isnt saying they're a horrible coach...  try staying on topic.. Ive heard Tommy many times question things Doc was doing or why he benched certain players... many, many times... that dont mean he thinks Docs a terrible coach.. So stop with the 'I heard someone say something bad about a coach'.... pure horse....

Very rare you'll see a regular on TV etc  come out and point the finger to say HES A BAD COACH..list all the exceptions youre aware of.... but my list of those same people saying others are very good coaches runs a mile long... WHY>??  if I need to explain this to you, you're already a lost cause