Doc and Garnett beholding to a sawed-off Sugar Bear? How unseemly a turn of events.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

Doc and Garnett beholding to a sawed-off Sugar Bear? How unseemly a turn of events.

The idea that heretofore class acts like Garnett and Rivers would throw in their lots with a spoiled, over-rated,  over-hyped PG who couldn't get his team out of the first round is mind-numbing to me.

That Clipper team is a mess and will be a bigger mess when the dust clears, but that's not the point I want to make. 

What I'd really like to know is - Can Doc coach at a high level without Garnett in his locker room?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

Re: Doc and Garnett beholding to a sawed-off Sugar Bear? How unseemly a turn of events.

Ha ha ha!  CP3 looks exactly like Sugarbear!  That is gold!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

Re: Doc and Garnett beholding to a sawed-off Sugar Bear? How unseemly a turn of events.

And Rondo is Franklin the Turtle.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Rondo is a top 10 PG, with DWill, Conley, Westbrook, Irving, Rubio and Lawson (Steph Curry and Lillard are SG's IMO)

CP3, a healthy Rose and Parker are the top 3 PG's

Both Rondo and Paul are tempermental, arrogant and generally difficult teammates. Only Paul has been able to back up his talk more by being the clearly dominant alpha on his teams, and Rondo, despite his ring, has always been seen as getting to where he is mainly b/c of PP, KG, Doc and to a lesser extent Ray. Shooting there is no question of who is better.

So, the point is, with KG in decline even from his great 2012 playoff perfomances, Pierce no guarnatee to be there (and in decline as well), can Paul, a better PG than Rondo, really do more with what he has.

It really comes down to Griffin IMO. He needs to become Karl Malone, and FAST or the Clippers are going nowhere, regardless of KG, PP and a 20-10 CP3 on that roster.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Griffin needs to work on his game rather than parading his mug on TV commercials

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

I think KG could really make a difference for the clips

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

i mean, KG playing skills have diminsihed but I'm sure his talking/barking skills have not

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to basketbert's comment:

i mean, KG playing skills have diminsihed but I'm sure his talking/barking skills have not

That is why Jordan is such an incredible non-starter in this trade.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I THINK JORDAN WILL RISE TO THE OCCASION AS THE #Q BIG MAN ON THE CELTICS

I BET HE AVERAGES MORE POINTS , REBOUNDS AND BLOCKS THAN GARNETT

AND DEFENSIVELY, THE CELTICS WILL FINALLY HAVE A DOMINATING PHYSICAL PRESENCE IN THE MIDDLE WITH SOME OFFENSIVE SKILL.......RONDO WILL MAKE JORDAN LOOK REAL GOOD, LOOK HOW GOOD RONDO MADE PERKINS LOOK...GOOD ENOUGH TO TRADE HIM FOR ONE OF THE BEST YOUNG PLAYERS IN THE NBA- JEFF GREEN !

HEY DANNY , COFFEE IS FOR CLOSERS !

2ND PRIZE IS A SET OF STEAK KNIVES !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to wicksandrowe's comment:

The idea that heretofore class acts like Garnett and Rivers would throw in their lots with a spoiled, over-rated,  over-hyped PG who couldn't get his team out of the first round is mind-numbing to me.

That Clipper team is a mess and will be a bigger mess when the dust clears, but that's not the point I want to make. 

What I'd really like to know is - Can Doc coach at a high level without Garnett in his locker room?

you've probably watched doc for years in BOS.  doc could not coch at a high level if he was 20,000 feet above the altittude the denver nuggets play at.  he's a rah rah pull string toy only nobody ever changes the record.  same prhases over and over again.  a "player's coach'- look at what that's done to rondo- taken the most exciting player in the league (potentially) and turned him into the kiss of death.

just let doc walk away.  release him so he can run the clipper land and as for garnett who cares.  he's finished being elite.  anyone who wants him at 11 million has money to burn.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Griffin needs to work on his game rather than parading his mug on TV commercials

I love his commercials.  Some of the best that NBA players have been in.  Although, I suppose that improving his performance definitely couldn't hurt. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

you've probably watched doc for years in BOS.  doc could not coch at a high level if he was 20,000 feet above the altittude the denver nuggets play at.  he's a rah rah pull string toy only nobody ever changes the record.  same prhases over and over again.  a "player's coach'- look at what that's done to rondo- taken the most exciting player in the league (potentially) and turned him into the kiss of death.

just let doc walk away.  release him so he can run the clipper land and as for garnett who cares.  he's finished being elite.  anyone who wants him at 11 million has money to burn.

All true. When everybody washes away the sentimentallity of the past, neither has the value for the cost anymore. Fact is, DOC needs great players close to their primes in order to be a good coach. He was the guy for a team with 3-HOFers, he's not the guy for a team without mature leadership. He struggles in LA even with an older KG now. The Clippers remain the Clippers no matter who they have.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

[QUOTE]

That is why Jordan is such an incredible non-starter in this trade.

[/QUOTE]

I suppose the argument is that since KG is not going to make a difference for us next year, we might as well get something for him. But I agree, Jordan is not ideal, although I don't think he's as bad as you make him out to be.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to aciemvp's comment:

All true. When everybody washes away the sentimentallity of the past, neither has the value for the cost anymore. Fact is, DOC needs great players close to their primes in order to be a good coach. He was the guy for a team with 3-HOFers, he's not the guy for a team without mature leadership. He struggles in LA even with an older KG now. The Clippers remain the Clippers no matter who they have.

Actually, during his initial run at Orlando it was considered that he made something out of nothing.  Seems like they made the playoffs and I can only vaguely even remember a player on that team.