Doc haters in full force again

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Re: Doc haters in full force again

Funny thing is they are the same people who hate Rondo, and Ainge.  They scream Doc doesn't coach rebounding and Ainge refues to get a big man.

Like Some Shaquille O'Neil in his prime is playing in the Australian league and Danny just won't sign him. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

Funny thing is they are the same people who hate Rondo, and Ainge.  They scream Doc doesn't coach rebounding and Ainge refues to get a big man.

Like Some Shaquille O'Neil in his prime is playing in the Australian league and Danny just won't sign him. 

not exactly.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

They have a point. Doc should have boxed out Davis on that last play.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

It never crossed Doc's mind, that Davis may go for the rebound, because Doc doesn't believe in offensive rebounds.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

It never crossed Doc's mind, that Davis may go for the rebound, because Doc doesn't believe in offensive rebounds.

You do know I was kidding when I said Doc should have boxed Davis out, right? Doc being the coach and not on the court, you know...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Doc should have shot the ball better durring the game too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Disagree!!!

Most of these folks are basically negative.  They will see the cup half full.  They will resort to formulaic thinking.  They will criticize but not offer constructive suggestions.

Ooops!! Did I just agree with you?  Oh well!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

+1

And of course Doc and Danny can just spend BIG BUCkS to get whatever they want...

and gladly pay the luxury tax...

and end up like the Slackers with 100 million payroll and no picks,

imagine the nashing of teeth... lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I think at the end of the game, these guys are told to rebound and not fast break..all they needed was a stop...that means play tough D and box out...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlcLBX8OD-k

watch in slow mo or pause it just before the tip in...

all five Celtic players are right there...nobody is realeasing for a fastbreak...

We have a small line up..thats why this happened..but still nobody blocked him out..

Thats the players fault, not Docs...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to genaro008's comment:

Doc should have shot the ball better durring the game too.

+1

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

When the Celts were winning, they were quiet.

Doc will make you eat crow once the playoffs start.

I think youre confusing Doc haters with Doc observers.. Dont take it so personally just that many people dont like DOc as our coach.

I suppose youd prefer everyone to see things your way.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

watch in slow mo or pause it just before the tip in...

all five Celtic players are right there...nobody is realeasing for a fastbreak...

We have a small line up..thats why this happened..but still nobody blocked him out..

Thats the players fault, not Docs...

Yup. My 9 year old would have known to box Davis out.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I just want to know why it's always someone else's fault when the Celtics lose...according to Doc. It's rarely ever his moves or non-moves. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

I just want to know why it's always someone else's fault when the Celtics lose...according to Doc. It's rarely ever his moves or non-moves. 

I love DOC for his leadership and loyaty to the organization, but given what he has had on his team since 2008, (3-HOFers) I have to agree that DOC has way under performed as a coach for the most part. This season highlites where his weaknesses really are. His refusal to develop his talented youth by playing them regularly before now is the most damning of all. We are seeing the contrary as to how great it is right before our eyes now that he is left no choice. DOC's recent success with the team has been forced on him by injuries. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Example?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

By your definition that just discussing how Doc coaches makes one a hater, you can add Danny to the list. Below is from WEEI's website.

Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge joined Salk & Holley in his weekly Thursday afternoon appearance to face questions about his team’s tough losses to the Hornets and Heat, Jeff Green‘s (lack of) playing time and the NCAA tournament. C’s coach Doc Rivers, who ripped his team’s performance in New Orleans, only played Green 26 minutes and resorted to another off-balanced Paul Pierce isolation jumper in the 87-86 loss. Even Ainge seemed to have questions about those decisions. “I think Jeff is starting to prove and has proven to Doc that he deserves to be on the court most minutes of the game,” Ainge said. “Doc needs something off the bench, and I think he’s trying to figure all that out. “And he will. He’s played Jeff at the 2 and the 3 and the 4 this year, and so I think that last night might’ve been a good opportunity for Jeff to play more at the 2. They had two big guys in there. They were killing us on the glass in the second half. I think in one stretch it was 27-9, and that just shows you lack of effort.” Ainge stopped himself before including Green’s second-half performance as part of that lack of effort, but he did cite Brandon Bass‘ improved play in defense of Rivers’ decision and eventually blamed the loss on the backcourt. “I think that last night maybe [we needed] some Jeff at the 2 guard,” said Ainge, who watched Avery Bradley and Courtney Lee combine for eight points in 39 combined minutes, “because our guard play was not good last night.”

He also expressed disappointment in his team’s late-game execution. “I think that it’s a pattern,” Ainge said. “We’re not such a good team that we have a lot of room for error, and we can’t do what Miami does — get down 27 points and come back. We don’t have a LeBron James type of player. We have to play more consistent and more solid, and I can see [late-game failures] happen often with us.” “I love our guys and their makeup, because I know what they’re made of and what they’re capable of doing, but this happens to every team through the course of the season — you let your guard down, and it’s been a pattern.”

Speaking of the Heat, Ainge thought the Celtics took their feet off the gas pedal in that one, too. “It’s something that we’re trying to get away from,” he said. “Habits are hard to break, and Doc is trying to coach the guys through playing with pace and playing with tempo. We played with pace the whole game, and then with five or six minutes to go and the lead, we slowed our game down.

“And when we slow it down, we just don’t have that superstar to just throw the ball to like Kevin Durant or LeBron James or Carmelo Anthony that’s a high-percentage scorer. Paul can still do it some nights against some matchups, but that’s just not the kind of team we are anymore.” It sounded an awful lot like he’s just as tired as most Celtics fans of Pierce’s end-of-game elbow jumpers. “At the end of a game, if it’s Jason Terry or Jordan Crawford or Jeff Green or Paul Pierce or Kevin Garnett or Avery Bradley, it doesn’t matter,” Ainge said. “Any one of those guys are capable of taking the last shot, and that’s the kind of team we’ve got to be — as opposed to, ‘It’s got to be Paul making a play for us down the stretch.’ That’s just not the kind of team that’s going to be successful for us.”

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Nice find! Ainge hit the nail on the head...he criticized Rivers in a soft manner.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Let's preemptively quash any discussion that could have anything to do with questioning Doc and what seem to be the strategy or personnel used in the games by calling them "haters".  I don't hate Doc, but sometimes I wish somethings were done differently.  Please, let's do a lot less of slowing down and iso Pierce at the end of every games, and please do a lot less of playing small while getting killed on the glass.  Green can play along side Pierce for substantial amount of time, and Green can play a lot more than 20+ minutes a game, etc...