Doc puzzled by Randolph

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Doc puzzled by Randolph

Randolph had demonstrated that he is much more than what Doc thinks he is.  Last night Doc inserted him in the game two times when we were on the ropes.  First we were trailing and not agressive, enter Randolph and he exits with us recovered and ahead.  Later we start to blow a good lead, enter Randolph and we regain our composure.  Last night Detroit for the most part , used two men to keek him off the boards, Randolph defended well and is showing that he has offensive value that is not wanted by Doc.  Instead of attacking from the perimiter all the time, we could attack with Randolph and Green more inside, but this rarely happens.  Some team will give Randolph a decient contract after Doc blows our oppertunity to have a good all around center.  The use of Randolph more could help with the rebound problems that showed up in great detail last night.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Re: Doc puzzled by Randolph

Randolph at center and KG back at power forward is worth a look, Doc.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

are you saying that Randolph is a starting center in the NBA?

if so....his past history says you are very mistaken.

he's active and works hard for sure.

he MIGHT end up being a solid 5-10 min a game backup....but most likely he'll be bouncing around looking for a team to play for next year, like he has been since he left school.

T. Williams has the best shot of being on the Celtics roster next year (as a 12th man), than any of the other two IMO.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

In response to maryngary's comment:

Randolph had demonstrated that he is much more than what Doc thinks he is.  Last night Doc inserted him in the game two times when we were on the ropes.  First we were trailing and not agressive, enter Randolph and he exits with us recovered and ahead.  Later we start to blow a good lead, enter Randolph and we regain our composure.  Last night Detroit for the most part , used two men to keek him off the boards, Randolph defended well and is showing that he has offensive value that is not wanted by Doc.  Instead of attacking from the perimiter all the time, we could attack with Randolph and Green more inside, but this rarely happens.  Some team will give Randolph a decient contract after Doc blows our oppertunity to have a good all around center.  The use of Randolph more could help with the rebound problems that showed up in great detail last night.

Doc is a programmed robot. He is stuck in a time warp and can't escape. I already said he would not play Randolph much after the great game he had.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to celticsince1958's comment:

Doc is a programmed robot. He is stuck in a time warp and can't escape. I already said he would not play Randolph much after the great game he had.

In three games since  the "great game" Randolph is averaging 16 minutes, 3.3 points and 2 rebounds a game. 

I don't think I have to say anything else.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Randolph is getting KILLED on the boards.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:

Because it is usually one against 3. Doc insists on draining the front court in favor of fast break defense. I think ..release JG the most (athletic player),and let the other 4, go for the rebound. Worth a try. BTW Williams shows huge ability and is a keeper! He needs practice time but is a top 10 draft type talent! JMO

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to heirplain's comment:

Because it is usually one against 3. Doc insists on draining the front court in favor of fast break defense. I think ..release JG the most (athletic player),and let the other 4, go for the rebound. Worth a try. BTW Williams shows huge ability and is a keeper! He needs practice time but is a top 10 draft type talent! JMO

Its all Doc's fault.  The players and how they play have nothing to do with it.  Any team can win a championship.....its all about whether the coach does this or that - not whether your players are any good!

Get serious.  Have you watched our guys vs the other teams?   We are struggling to beat the Pistons and the Bobcats!!!   Without Paul and KG (and now Green), this is a d-league type talented team.   I like Terrance Williams.  I like Randolph's energy.  BUT, these guys are subs!!   Bass is a bum and Terry has lost his shot yet again this year.   Overall, we are a d-league talented team.   The future has some promise, but let's not blame this lack of wins on coaching.  Try blaming it on injuries and on the weak set of players we have to put on the floor.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

first of, randolph iis optioned for next year along with white and williams. all 3 are likely back after they fight it out with draftpicks and summer league ham and eggers. well, atlleast shav and wills. alsothere will be no mo wilcox sightings once kg comes back. shav will be his backup as we stay in games as kg is on the bemch for a change!

I love that expression:  "ham and eggers"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Yes, I agree, we should just run our offense through the new guys...let them start..

Sit PP and Green along with Kg..for the playoffss...Miami is shaking ....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

You are watching the same game , go to the Cleveland game tonight and watch the second quarter, and only someone like you would say a look means a starting center???  Comeonnowrelax

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

In three games since  the "great game" Randolph is averaging 16 minutes, 3.3 points and 2 rebounds a game. 

I don't think I have to say anything else.

He has actually player good, stats do not define a player getting gargage minutes, Doc's soniguess.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

Yes, I agree, we should just run our offense through the new guys...let them start..

Sit PP and Green along with Kg..for the playoffss...Miami is shaking ....

getalife

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Cleveland Randolph second quarter, he is at it again.  Guy seems to have good moves and I would be if he got the ball a few times he can pass out of the double team.  KG and Randolph would  be worth a look.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

7 board 16 points 13 min          Nice