Doc sounds frustrated with the O'Neals

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Doc sounds frustrated with the O'Neals

In Response to Re: Doc sounds frustrated with the O'Neals:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doc sounds frustrated with the O'Neals : Perk won't be back for several months.  We can only hope that he is in basketball shape for the playoffs. What if he isn't back for the entire season? Until then, it is important the both Jermaine and Shaq contribute as much as they can.  If they are both constantly injured the Celtics may struggle this season. Semih has been very impressive so far this season and may play more minutes as the season progresses. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

You're right Susan, let's hope Perk comes back and can use Jan-Feb through May-June to get in shape.  Repaired knees can take time, guess I'm looking at Wes Welker and assuming a guy twice his size can recover as fast. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

I like how Ray can run his baseline cuts with Shaq...No One kicks out on time..forget the help D.  I think he will have a special year shooting if the legs hold up....find one more guy to shoot the 3

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

In Response to Doc sounds frustrated with the O'Neals:
    [QUOTE]http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/news/story?id=5792098 Maybe I'm reading too much into it but Doc doesn't sound like he expected for those two to be missing games already. We're not even 10 games in and haven't hit the dog days of Jan and these two are already sitting out. I expected it from Shaq but it's got to bother continuity. JON doesn't sound like a guy who is willing to fight through some injuries. He talks himself out of playing  more often than not. If you can't go you can't go but we need somebody to play. Erden is hurt, Shaq is hurt and let's knock on wood KG or BBD don't go down or it's going to get ugly. I guess there is a difference in playing hurt and playing injured.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

I understand your frustration but Jermaine O'Neal has been playing in the NBA for fifteen years. His health issues {including knees} are well documented. He's not "soft" That's ridiculous. He wouldn't have lasted for fifteen years in the NBA if he were soft. He's got a bad knee. I do know something about bad knees. You can "gut it out" if you can't "gut it out.". I know that sounds stupid but if you practice and it bothers you but you ice and elevate and take some aspirin and "go" then you do. You can do that for the whole year. Ice. Elevate. Take days off from practice. Ride the bike. Heat. Aspirin. However, if is is swelling and barking at you and if it doesn't "react" at all to the ice.........if you're getting up every day and it is no better but slightly worse and you've had enough experience where you know if you don't watch it you'll be out three weeks then you can't play and that's it. It is what it is. If it is the fifth game of the play-offs against Orlando then you take ALOT of aspirin and play but it isn't the fifth game of the play-offs. If he could play safely..........he'd play.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doc sounds frustrated with the O'Neals : Hey Mem, Hope your not a doctor!!!!!   MRI's and x-rays are not fool proof!!!!!  My family has had 3 serious injuries that were not picked up in the last 10 years by either method....  Tendons were torn and the doctors read nothing!!!!  You must remember they are playing PRO ball and not silly pickup games.  I think you need to give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he heals soon...
    Posted by jerseycfan[/QUOTE]
         It's even more important when your getting paid to play to go out and do your job when you have some aches and pains. What does an amateur owe except his own pride. Professionals who are filthy rich owe it to the people who pay their huge salaries to play with minor aches and pains. I'm not referring to serious inujuries as I started in my last post, but basic knee swelling. I've lived with it since age 16 along with 2 right knee surgeries. If I and millions of other amateurs had the guts to do it as amateurs, Jermaine should by all means gut it up as a multi millionaire athlete.
         Jermaine appears to be one of those types of people that pampers themselves. I admire people with guts. Give me Willis Reed, Kevin McHale and all the others who played through it. I've said it before that I love Jermaine's basketball talent, but now that he's a Celtic I'm getting a belly full of his lack of guts. My bet is the Celtic fans that loved players like Dave Cowens are irritated by Jermaine thus far also.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhiskeyB. Show WhiskeyB's posts

Walton summed it up right. JON and Shaq are just saving their knees till as late in the season as possible. The less time they're on the court (barring major injury) the better off our team come play-off time. Each of those knees only has a set number of games in it. After fifty games neither is gonna be in top shape.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Ainge sounds frustrated too. Sounds like JON is taking himself out of playing when he's not 150%. Celtics found no structural damage or tears.

The team has found no structural problems, but wants O’Neal to be more comfortable.

“He’s looking for some answers because he doesn’t feel right,” said Ainge. “There’s no tear as far as we know. There’s no torn anything. It looks like he’s just got some wear and tear on his knees, but we always welcome players to get second opinions.

“Jermaine’s just been up and down. He’s had some good days and some not so good days. I think he’s looking for answers, and getting him mentally and physically healthy is a big thing for us.

“It’s concerning. We need Jermaine healthy.”

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Erden is hurt?
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=9db3c87664865e2a06b777d116cf14b3&plckUserId=9db3c87664865e2a06b777d116cf14b3">
    First: 1/16/2010
    Last: 11/13/2010
    Erden is hurt? "Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]hedley, who are you and what have you done with my soul?