Doc will not play Shavlik Randolph ??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

Doc will not play Shavlik Randolph ??

Welcome Shavlik  to the C's , good luck getting any playing time with Doc Rivers. For advice I would call Steamer , Krystic , Semi and Harangody .They will all tell you about how to avoid slivers seating on Doc's bench. They will also tell you to be carefull in practice and look out for Garenetts elbows to the head. I would not pack to much and pay your rent by the month, not many white guys have lasted to long in Aingeville.

I think Doc thought you were the other Randolph,did he looked surprized when he greated you the first time?

Take care and have your agent keep looking for a real team that you might get playing time with. I would suggest the Western Conference.

Run

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JG9000. Show JG9000's posts

Re: Doc will not play Shavlik Randolph ??

In response to runrunandrun's comment:

Welcome Shavlik  to the C's , good luck getting any playing time with Doc Rivers. For advice I would call Steamer , Krystic , Semi and Harangody .They will all tell you about how to avoid slivers seating on Doc's bench. They will also tell you to be carefull in practice and look out for Garenetts elbows to the head. I would not pack to much and pay your rent by the month, not many white guys have lasted to long in Aingeville.

I think Doc thought you were the other Randolph,did he looked surprized when he greated you the first time?

Take care and have your agent keep looking for a real team that you might get playing time with. I would suggest the Western Conference.

Run

don't forget Darko's short stint as a bench warmer. Doc gets a D- for using his bench.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevekubersky. Show stevekubersky's posts

And your point is??

Shavlik has a career 2 points per game and 8 minutes per game for 8 years in the NBA....BEFORE he signed for the Celtics. All of a sudden he's going to play 40 minutes per game with the Cs??

Please oldschool, Stop the hate against all black players.

Steve

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevekubersky. Show stevekubersky's posts

In response to JG9000's comment:

Run

don't forget Darko's short stint as a bench warmer. Doc gets a D- for using his bench.

Yeah that's a shock considering Darko was a superstar with other teams...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

End of the bench players don't  play regardless of color - it's ability.

The guy is a career 2.4  2.4 guy, and will be lucky to get Collins' minutes.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

Run

Darko had game but never saw the court either.

Run

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

I am shocked this guy even has a place on the bench. I hope Doc had a good reason.  He stinks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

Funny Shavlik would play for the Spurs or most teams in the West but will rot on the C's bench.

Run

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Funny Shavlik would play for the Spurs or most teams in the West but will rot on the C's bench.

Run

Not funny, because it's just not true.

Here is the point you are missing - if he was good, he'd be playing for someone, somewhere.  Harangody is a marginal player, NOT playing....Darko was terrible on 3 teams, and couldn't play for the "white" T-Wolves......Steamer played a lot last year......Krstic?  He went "Back to the USSR" because of the impending lockout......NO ONE knows if we would have signed him or not.  My guess is we would have because Jermaine O'Neal was basically useless.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

I am shocked this guy even has a place on the bench. I hope Doc had a good reason.  He stinks.

practice bodies.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Run

I thinks its the bench that is responsible for our latest run...huh.!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Actually, this guy might surprise..he likes to take charges...Doc loves that..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

And I hope he does...............but the point is that if he deserves to play, he will play, the color of his skin is irrelevant!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

And I hope he does...............but the point is that if he deserves to play, he will play, the color of his skin is irrelevant!

exactly.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

"Randolph averaged 32.0 points, 14.6 rebounds, 1.4 assists and 1.7 steals per game with the Foshan Long Lions of the Chinese Basketball League. He was not as successful in the NBA, where he played a total of 95 games for five different teams, logging career averages of 2.4 points and 2.4 rebounds in 8.2 minutes per game."

I just don't see his value to us because as a 6'10" player I would want more rebounds(10 at least). As per my copy & paste below, our immediate need(has been for a couple of years) is a prolific rebounder and, I don't care if he's not a prolific scorer but give us 10+.

"OK, I know I'm not being Sherlock Holmes here but our being last or next to last in rebounding has been an issue for a couple of years...since Perk went down in Game 6 vs LA in 2010.
    I am happy, of course, we beat GS last night & we did it as we have in many games losing the rebound battle by playing good "D" & shooting a higher %.  GS had 54 rebs to our 44 so +10 extra chances. To compensate, thankfully, despite KG & Terry not having good shooting nights, the team shot 48% to their 34%. Dave Lee is probably the best reboundig PF and he pulled in 19. KG and PP had 13 and 8 respectively. All of KG's were defensive rebs. When you shoot 48%, I guess you need not worry so critically about a reb as opposed to GS shooting 34%. Doc has our team on a missed shot going back immediately rather than going for an offensive reb and this tactic, since we don't have a dominating big man, has helped our "D" & prevents many fast break points.
    Needless to say, if we shot 35-40%, we would probably have lost the game and I don't think we can shoot 45-50% every night. I really want us to at least break even on rebs or be a +5 or +10. I am still in the camp since we have Crawford, Williams, Lee, Bradley, Terry and even old slow PP can bring the ball up, trade Rondo for Cousins & Evans( a bonus) & with KG, Sully, Wilcox & maybe Melo developing, we could win a title in the next 2 years for KG & PP to bow out with rings."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevekubersky. Show stevekubersky's posts

In response to stevekubersky's comment:

And your point is??

Shavlik has a career 2 points per game and 8 minutes per game for 8 years in the NBA....BEFORE he signed for the Celtics. All of a sudden he's going to play 40 minutes per game with the Cs??

Steve

Stevey  I have no hate,you do. Nothing wrong with affimative action for white guys playing in the NBA. Wishing the C's had a couple of white guys is non racist, my black freinds perfer teams that have more black guys and love Tiiger Wood. Why do you think 95% of black people voted for Obama? by the way I also voted for OBama.

Take it easy

Run

Runny,

Nice try attempting to deflect your racist views towards me. Truth is, I was just as happy with the Cs winning the championship in 86, when they were mostly white. 2008 and 1986 does NOT make any difference to me. "Wishing" a couple of white guys to play for the Cs for 10 years at 40 minutes a game when they are barely D-leaguers for the sake of "affirmative" action IS part of your racist agenda.

By the way, those 95 percent voters that voted for Obama are the same voters that voted for Bill Clinton. These voters are traditionally Democrats, not because they are racists like you. When Obama's presidency is over and a white Democrat takes over, those same 95 percent will vote for him/her. One more thing oldschool...If Herman Cain ever becomes a Presidential candidate, those same 95 percent will likely NOT vote for him, you understand runny?

Have a relaxing week end.

Steve

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevekubersky. Show stevekubersky's posts

Run

That is funny because he NEVER played for the Spurs, nor do they want to sign him.

Steve

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I bet run is an asian dude pretending to be a closet white racist, bigot that is extemely ethno-centric. He is a devil's advocate  style prankster.He posts like I do, for the entertainment value!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

And your point is??

Steve

i don't particularly agree with the post made by run, but HOW ON EARTH did he "hate on ALL black players?"  he mentioned garnett's proclivity to elbow people in the head.

from my point of view doc has screwed up not only white big men but MANY black ones.  for example, brandon bass, jerLame O'neal and glen davis were all victims of doc's various sundry "ROLE BLENDER" for lack of better term.  o'neal and bass had various parts of their games from "post up" to their ENTIRE OFFENSIVE GAME surgically removed by blockhead-dock and glen davis was subject to an ENDLESS ASSORTMENT of puerile passive aggressive hatred on the part of doc.

for AINGE'S share of culpability in screwing this team to the wall with POOR BIG MAN ROSTER DECISIONS, he signed a SERIES of WASHED UP BIGS for too many years- shack o'neal and rasheed wallass and in wallass' case, the SECOND YEAR of his contract REMAINED ON THE BOOKS while HE WAS ON VACATION, effectively MURDERING our mid level exception under the NEW CBA!!!! 

this team has at once SCREWED white and black big men and SCREWED ITSELF by signing washed up black big men and counting on too much from them and they ended up being broken down old horses.

i mention their races because you started in about race.  it's obvious to me that this team has screwed up WITH ANY BIG MAN- does not matter if they are PURPLE, RED, BLACK, or WHITE

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

true..charges count the same for black or white..its a foul...

Im saying he looks like a gritty type player that plays good pick and roll D, and takes charges...

A Scal type of player...comes in handy in a pinch...that's all....

How good he is or if he plays will be determined..But I don't think Doc cares what color he is when determining playing time.

Some people were complaining about Scal's playing time, but I liked his husstle.

Many on this board complain about the time Bass gets...I personally would rather have Scal over Bass any day of the week..or a combination of the two would probably work too....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

you have got to be kidding me, right?  avery bradley deserved to play and only got to by accident.  darko milicic HAD TO PLAY for us in order for KG not to get overused- and not only that darko proved his worth and competency in a successful preseason.  doc never played him.  doc NEVER played steamer until JerLame O'neal's knee folded like a cheap tent.  the prudent coach would have begun working the GREEN steamer in for some minutes FROM GAME ONE knowing the injury history of o'neal.

glen davis never played much until there was nobody left on the roster who could play 4.  doc's chosen boy was leon powe, a guy who turned out to be not nearly the player davis was and i'm talking all injuries aside.  and i loved leon as an energy role player guy, it's just that davis could cover more distance in playing TWO roles. 

let's see, what else?  oh, i have it- i was at first deflated when we signed marquis to replace posey.  then i looked at marquis' game and thought- THIS GUY IS THE PERFECT 2/3 combo man!!!  good on defense, can give us something we need- POST UP LOOKS and get to the free throw line and give our old guys a breather during those free throws = marquis should play TWENTY FIVE MINUTES A NIGHT EVERY NIGHT to keep 1) pierce's minutes under control and 2) ray allen's minutes under control.

after all, marquis averaged 12-13 in indy and proved to be a decent player in not many minutes over 25 a night.  hell if he did well in BOS he should have gotten 28 or more.  the only problem was that doc NEVER USED HIM LIKE THAT- he struggled to find any consistent role because he got NOWHERE NEAR ENOUGH PLAYING TIME.  remind you of jeff green anyone?

please don't ever ever ever ever invest blind faith that a player on doc blithers' roster will "play if he deserves to play" by strictly the merit of the situation becuase what goes on in doc's head is a totally different altered 'reality'.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

"I bet run is an asian dude pretending to be a closet white racist, bigot that is extemely ethno-centric. He is a devil's advocate  style prankster.He posts like I do, for the entertainment value!"

Hmmmmmm Lol, DaCeltics --- Run an asian dude? Asians don't pretend - you can see it in our eyes.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

And your point is??

Steve

Stevey  I have no hate,you do. Nothing wrong with affimative action for white guys playing in the NBA. Wishing the C's had a couple of white guys is non racist, my black freinds perfer teams that have more black guys and love Tiiger Wood. Why do you think 95% of black people voted for Obama? by the way I also voted for OBama.

Take it easy

Run

No racist is bad. I want the 15 best players on the roster that are availible that fit with the system. Of those 15 players I want the best getting the minutes. Randolph is not a good player, he is lucky to be on an NBA team. If he wants to get minutes he could go back to playing in Puerto Rico.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevekubersky. Show stevekubersky's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

And your point is??

Steve

i don't particularly agree with the post made by run, but HOW ON EARTH did he "hate on ALL black players?"  he mentioned garnett's proclivity to elbow people in the head.

from my point of view doc has screwed up not only white big men but MANY black ones.  for example, brandon bass, jerLame O'neal and glen davis were all victims of doc's various sundry "ROLE BLENDER" for lack of better term.  o'neal and bass had various parts of their games from "post up" to their ENTIRE OFFENSIVE GAME surgically removed by blockhead-dock and glen davis was subject to an ENDLESS ASSORTMENT of puerile passive aggressive hatred on the part of doc.

for AINGE'S share of culpability in screwing this team to the wall with POOR BIG MAN ROSTER DECISIONS, he signed a SERIES of WASHED UP BIGS for too many years- shack o'neal and rasheed wallass and in wallass' case, the SECOND YEAR of his contract REMAINED ON THE BOOKS while HE WAS ON VACATION, effectively MURDERING our mid level exception under the NEW CBA!!!! 

this team has at once SCREWED white and black big men and SCREWED ITSELF by signing washed up black big men and counting on too much from them and they ended up being broken down old horses.

i mention their races because you started in about race.  it's obvious to me that this team has screwed up WITH ANY BIG MAN- does not matter if they are PURPLE, RED, BLACK, or WHITE

Ummmm....Do you know oldschool's history in this forum, before he became runrunandrun?

As far as Garnett's proclivity to elbow people - Do you remember any of his teammates either in Boston or Minnesota being injured because of his elbow? Do you remember any of his teammates complaining about his elbow in practice? I wonder why oldschool said that. Maybe Shavlik has a sharper elbow than Garnett.

oldschool could have said Garnett should take Shavlik under his wing, but he would never have the ability say that. He will never have that kind of thought process, simply because for him, it comes right down to the two players' melanin tone.